Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  09:58:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got the dreaded email and opted in. I'm hoping that I get more surveys at the $3 rate then I had been at $5 as of late. And for the tons of household question surveys I've done maybe I'll get lucky. I hope they post these winners on their site. I guess this all remains to be seen.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  10:23:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's what I did, also, Marilyn.

I figure they will phase out the $5 surveys, eventually, anyhow.
And, who knows....maybe we will get lucky on one of the sweepstakes!
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  12:33:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My email specifically said that if you stayed with the $5 I might get a few more then none. So your in at $3 or your done. I figure somethings better then nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Vee
Contributor

Centralia, WA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  12:06:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too got the new compensation email the other day, I did accept it but wrote to them that I was unhappy that one of the choices was "I accept this but am UNHAPPY that I was forced to".

I have been getting only about one survey from them every 6 weeks, interesting surveys, paid promptly, but I have never gotten any product testing from them like I have synovate. I wish I would as I love to do product testing

They will probaby drop me now, but I too don't believe there is any sweepstakes with any of these survey companies, one of these days some attny generals office is going to look into the survey companies on this.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  01:32:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, i wonder about those sweepstakes, myself....some doubt there!
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  06:14:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email confirming my "new" membership. In it they provided a link in regards to the sweepstakes. It is being sponsored by the Nielsen Co. (owner of Pinecone Research). There are sweepstakes rules and a list of bi-weekly drawing dates plus a list of winners. Looks legit!

Now where are all those household questions when you need them??

Good luck to all that opted in and let us know if you win!!
Go to Top of Page

KrisyinFlorida
Contributor

Florida
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  08:06:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I no longer wonder about the sweepstakes for survey companies. I have been doing surveys for just a few years, and I have won several including one for $500 last fall. They have been from several different companies, and each has been a wonderful surprise. I know the odds of winning are not great, but I do believe that most companies that offer sweepstakes are legit.

Krisy in Florida
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  09:41:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, krissy...that's encouraging to hear.
Go to Top of Page

KristinBrianne
Star Contributor

Montevallo, AL
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  6:02:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's funny, but I almost just disregarded an e-mail from Surveys.com because I didn' recognize it and they wanted me to "confirm my prize". Finally they sent one that didn't go to my bulk mail and was a legitimate letter, I'd won $50. It came at a time when I REALLY needed money, I'd had to stop working. Some are legit, I just don't ever get my hopes up to win one of them.

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  8:18:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been doing Pinecone surveys for a little less than a year & have always been paid $3.00. But I must admit when I first started I thought they were going to be $5. I have never been sent a product to test even though I answer every household survey they send. I just got the e-mail about testing their video surveys & it didn't work. As a matter of fact it kicked me off the internet when I tried it. I've gotten this "test" before & it didn't work then either although I have all the necessary software for it. Oh, well

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  12:51:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, so far you haven't missed anything Gayle. I received that video survey at least 3 months ago. Mine did work, but I haven't seen any surveys that even relate to that.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  04:21:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
I just got the e-mail about testing their video surveys & it didn't work. As a matter of fact it kicked me off the internet when I tried it. I've gotten this "test" before & it didn't work then either although I have all the necessary software for it. Oh, well

Gayle: I've gotten that video 'test' many times, and, it has never worked for me....even though, my computer is equipped with everything on their list.
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  06:00:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been a member of Pinecone for quite some time. I've gotten the video test questionaire too and pass every time. However, I have yet to receive a survey using the video feature.

I received the email last week asking to join the "new" panel with a $3 payout and sweepstakes entries (second request - first time I said no). Like the others who have posted, it sounded like the $5 surveys will be phased out. I thought, well, $3 is better than nothing, so I agreed. Within 24 hours I received a survey invitation, with no money mentioned (just the usual "you should receive compensation soon"). Much to my surprise, 48 hours later, I get an email from PayPal saying that I've been paid $5 from Pinecone. So I guess the "new" panel payments haven't started yet for us long-time members. That's fine with me!

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  06:21:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This e-mail comes to you as confirmation that your transition to the cash plus sweepstakes plan is complete and will go into effect on 6/26/08 at 12:01am EDT.

One reason could be why the changes. Since I never participated in their sweepstakes before now, I was reading the sweeps rules.

PineCone Research is owned by The Nielsen Company

Anyone know if PineCone has always been owned by Nielsen? Or is this a recent transition? This explains a few emails I've received in the last month or two.
Go to Top of Page

Melissa AUN

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  07:56:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too, just got the $3 survey. I said yes, since they basically said you won't get any more if you stay at $5. I had originally said no a few months ago when the first questionaire came out. I've only had one survey this month.
Marilyn, how long did it take for the confirmation email? I haven't gotten one yet.

Nevermind- I just got it LOL!!

-M
Go to Top of Page

KJHashim

NY
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  11:47:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also got an email on Monday taking me to a survey asking me to downgrade. I stopped mid-survey. Then I got a reminder email for that survey today. I had said no when asked to downgrade a few months ago. But I don't want to get booted from Pinecone completely, so it looks like I'll have to agree to downgrade. Grrr .... not happy about this.
Go to Top of Page

Mahealani
Valued Contributor

Stockton, CA
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  11:11:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only been with Pinecone research now for maybe six weeks or even two months and I think they're great! Of course, I'm so new that I wasn't given the option to choose to downgrade from $5 to $3 or to have sweepstakes entries, but yesterday I did receive a great e-mail now allowing me to have my earnings deposited via Paypal (I love the Paypal debit card - so convenient), and it also stated that I am also entered into sweepstakes with each household survey I complete.

So far I've gotten a survey every three days or so (not all paid, many have been household questions) but I have gotten four checks. Not too bad. Every survey I've done is no more than 10 minutes long. That's equivalent to $18 an hour. I think that's great compared to other survey companies who send you surveys that you spend 15-20 minutes on, just to find out that you don't "qualify" and then aren't even entered into a sweepstakes.
Go to Top of Page

Karrina
Contributor

Florida
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  7:51:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a ????? I am new to pinecone and doing a product test now. Do you not get surveys during the time of product test???
So far i love it but just wondering???

Karrina
Go to Top of Page

Dawnie Doodle
Star Contributor

Smithville, NJ
USA
250 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  9:04:12 PM  Visit Dawnie Doodle's Homepage  Send Dawnie Doodle an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love pine cone and trust them completely...I will ask a question and the send a personal email back right away...he is great and I believe 100% that they will be doing the drawings...and is you send him an email about who won I bet he will answer personally

Dawnie
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  10:37:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Do you not get surveys during the time of product test???
I don't think that has anything to do with whether, or not, you get surveys. Judging only by my experience with them, there's usually a 2-3 week period between surveys....don't think it has anything to do with the product testing you're doing.

JMO....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums