Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  07:52:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ha ha! Marge, I guess I'm not a consumer at all!! I've gotten complete silence since the change over. I never realized I would actually miss those zillions of household questions!!
Go to Top of Page

KristinBrianne
Star Contributor

Montevallo, AL
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  5:38:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't lose hope with them. I answered about 5 household questions before I got a $3 survey but I think product testing is going to follow. I think they are a good company but very slow, and I wouldn't count on them for income.

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

Mahealani
Valued Contributor

Stockton, CA
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  1:41:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So far in the past month I've received 3 checks so I'm pretty happy about that. All of them came very quickly, especially the last one which was a Paypal payment. So happy I don't get charged a fee from Paypal to receive funds from Pinecone.

I'm loving Pinecone
Go to Top of Page

JoT

Mesa, AZ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  6:34:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been getting a few paying surveys as well. But I've never gotten to try a product, even though a few of the surveys asked if I would like to. wonder why?!
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  9:21:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
JoT they always ask if I would be willing to try a product & I always say yes but I have never rec. one either.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

KristinBrianne
Star Contributor

Montevallo, AL
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  11:42:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't keep up with who I do the product testing for unless it asks me to. I just try the product, make my notes and answer the surveys when they are sent or available. They asked me about a product recently, but I'm not sure I'll be getting it

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

Melanie In Indep Mo

Independence, MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  07:32:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I made up a blank spreadsheet for each of the different survey companies I do surveys for to keep track of the date, survey number, product, type of payment (points or cash) and payment recieved.

Its the only way I can remember.

Thanks,
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

CathyInMD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
441 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  10:09:46 AM  Visit CathyInMD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a survey for them yesterday and was paid today. I have not yet moved to the $3 surveys so I'll keep with it.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping In Maryland
xiffkw
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  11:57:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I keep account of my surveys in a spiral notebook....I make 7 columns, one each for Date, Company, Points Earned, $$Earned, Cash-Out Date, Date Pmt. Received, and a column for Notes, where I jot down topic of survey, or other information.

Then, when I received payment from a survey company, I enter the date it was received on the line where the survey infor was entered earlier, when I completed it.

My method of keeping survey records is not neat, pretty, etc; but, it serves the purpose...I can look back at any time to see when I did what, and, have I received payment for it yet.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  07:48:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a survey on Thursday that should have been a lot more than $3. Way too long, took a good 30+ min. to complete.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  8:53:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hate long surveys from anyone...no matter what they pay.
Go to Top of Page

JoT

Mesa, AZ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  1:30:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I had mentioned on here last week or so, that I had never gotten a product to try. Well I got one to try yesterday. yippee
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  10:02:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done 2 surveys in the past few days. They pay really fast but one of the surveys was for a Men's deodorant & asked questions geared toward the male perspective, which I'm not. I just answered as best I could although I did explain in on one of the comment sections that I didn't know a lot about mens' deodorant.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

KristinBrianne
Star Contributor

Montevallo, AL
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  3:02:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't gotten any surveys from Pinecone lately, but hopefully soon I wil get something. I always let my husband answer those, even though it doesn't thrill him to do.

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

CathyInMD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
441 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  11:34:00 AM  Visit CathyInMD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, it looks like the days of any $5 surveys are now over. I received an email asking me to move (or be removed) to the $3 surveys plus the sweepstakes entry. Oh well -- $3 is better than nothing. It was good while it lasted.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping In Maryland
xiffkw
Go to Top of Page

LeesaC
Apprentice

PA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  1:38:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I too have been "removed" from PineCone's $5 surveys. Of course, would I still like to be considered for their $3 survey and bi-weekly $500 sweepstakes? I knew when they had a survey sometime ago about this very thing that it would only be a matter of time when they would cut our pay and make the surveys longer and give us a phony sweepstakes! This is the very reason that I don't do any surveys that you have a "chance" of wining a sweepstakes. You do all the work with no chance of compensation, the research company gets their research for FREE! What a rip-off. PineCone, I believe sadly is turning into one of those.

Sincerely,
Leesa

Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.
Go to Top of Page

Marnen
Valued Contributor

Somerville, MA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  07:43:10 AM  Visit Marnen's Homepage  Send Marnen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Leesa, I just got the same thing. I wonder if it's their way of switching the whole panel over, as they had implied a couple of months ago.

Marnen Laibow-Koser
Boston-area shopper
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  08:06:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since I did the switch over in June, I've gotten one household question and one $3 survey as compared to several before. And always the same product type. It seems like the same survey over and over. I have three men in the house who I purchase for but no surveys related to them. It seems that I was put in a product category, only to get those type of surveys, and to be honest have gotten quite bored with answering a lengthy survey of the same product.
Go to Top of Page

DCorrin

Warren, MI
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  06:12:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I switched over to $3.00 in May or June and since then I have received a survey every week. And now the surveys I am doing are getting shorter with less of the same redundant questions.
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  11:28:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am getting very few paid surveys, and more and more "household questions" that are NOT household questions. I don't mind the ones that ask me what products I use or how often I use them - whether I have pets, etc. That's fine. But the one I just did (and now I'm mad at myself!) had 4-5 pages of opinion questions about lifestyle issues and such, and that's info that, in the past, they would have paid me for.

I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to bother with them.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums