Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  7:44:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Right after I posted here, I received a survey asking household buying habits. And yes Marge, I'm scratching my head as the questions went over basic buying habits and then asked opinions. And again same questions, same products over and over. I actually looked back at the email to see if it was a paid survey or household questions. The email was general but said nothing about being paid

I do buy other products in my house besides the one they keep asking me about, I would just love to be asked about something different!
Go to Top of Page

CathyInMD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
441 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  12:57:10 PM  Visit CathyInMD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did a very long survey on Wednesday and received my payment yesterday. It did take awhile to get a survey, but still worth it.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping In Maryland
xiffkw
Go to Top of Page

Kim00

Swainsboro, GA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  05:39:52 AM  Send Kim00 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with them for about a year I think. I have done 3 or 4 product testings and all have been in the past 3 months. I also normally get at least 3 paid surveys each month. It isn't alot of income, but easy way to make a little.

Have never had problems getting paid, via check or more recently paypal.

Kim
~~Mostly shopping areas between Savannah, Augusta, and Macon~~
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  06:14:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't been happy with PineCone lately. I've been with them a long time (years). Since switching to $3.00 I've only had one paying survey, the rest have been sweepstake surveys, with no pay.
I don't mind sweepstakes but not when they request my opinion and the surveys are long. They should give some kind of compensation.
The only one that profits big time from that type of thing is AC Nielson, the company that now owns PineCone.
Go to Top of Page

Mahealani
Valued Contributor

Stockton, CA
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  12:15:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's sad to hear that those of you who have been with Pinecone for years aren't happy with them. I've been with them for a few months now and the surveys are getting shorter & shorter. So short that sometimes I forget I've even taken them so it's a nice surprise to get an e-mail from Paypal telling me I've received payment.

I wonder if they'll ever increase the payment of $3 per survey back up to where it was before.

Mahealani
Go to Top of Page

CathyInMD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
441 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  3:47:06 PM  Visit CathyInMD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did another paid survey the other day and received payment today. So, it looks like 2 in a month, which is not bad. Luckily, this survey did not take as long as the other one.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping In Maryland
xiffkw
Go to Top of Page

BCheatam
Star Contributor

IN
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  6:16:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MarilynB: I think I read on their website that any survey number ending in 3001 was a non-paid one to get information to see what your interests are; then they may send you a paid one.

Silver Certified Mystery Shopper & Auditor in Central and Southern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

BethMomOf2
Star Contributor

Cornelius, NC
USA
304 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  6:29:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone downloaded their latest plugin? I'm always nervous to download things. Please let me know if you have. Thanks!

Beth
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  8:26:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No...I trust Pinecone, but, I am not going to download their plugin...or, anyone else's for that matter.
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  9:10:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am debating the picture plugin. I wonder if you dont if they will not give you surveys.

"Changes in technology require that we make some modification to our process for viewing graphics within our surveys. In order for you to complete our surveys for future wed like to request that you click the link to download this now. This is a one time process which will allow you to see the pictures within the interview on all future PineCone studies."

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  01:57:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
I am debating the picture plugin. I wonder if you dont if they will not give you surveys.
You may be right about that, but, I will just take that chance. I'd rather risk losing a few $3 surveys, than risk damaging my computer!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff G.
Contributor

Washington
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  02:09:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I installed it, and have no problems, since it's just an activex plug-in from a reputable place.
Go to Top of Page

BethMomOf2
Star Contributor

Cornelius, NC
USA
304 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  5:29:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did it. Hubby thought it was OK. It's now installed on my computer and I've got an icon on my start up page.

I do like Pinecone and like testing things for them so I just took the risk.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  3:04:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with Pinecone eleven months ago. In that time, I've received payment nine times, and one product to test. I've replied that I would be willing to test a product over a dozen times, but never got anything beyond the first product.

I also finally figured out that the "-3001" surveys don't pay -- after taking at least twenty of them. Then there are the many surveys which don't tell you what they pay (or if they pay), and then make a big deal out of the sweepstakes entry.

My frustrations with the surveys themselves are many. I especially "like" the ones which start out asking about one product, let's say "dog food," and then suddenly veer off into a completely different and unrelated product, let's say "body lotion."

I can't get over feeling that, if the jointly-botched survey(s) were technically sound, I might actually get paid for one them. It's particularly disconcerting when the last few questions on the survey revert back to the original topic and ask questions which could only be answered if the topic had stayed the same! As in, how would I know if I'd buy such-and-such "body lotion" for my dog to eat?

Then there are the surveys which I completed months ago which still show up as available on my home page.

I've reported the above technical glitches several times and have never received a proper explanation.

As for the new program we were asked to download, I have several "downloader" programs which screen plug-ins for suitability and safety and, while the AristiScope plug-in was deemed safe, it doesn't work on my computer. Why? Well, the error-report says, incorrectly, that I don't have cookies or JavaScript enabled on my computer. This is definitely a case of PineCone fixing something which wasn't broken.

All in all, reading everyone's comments in the past six months, I'd say that the fine rating PineCone used to have is no longer deserved.

Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  4:31:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not getting much from them these days....
Go to Top of Page

LeaF
Valued Contributor

Brooklyn, NY
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  11:29:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Originally two $5 surveys a month, then one $5 survey a month, now one $3 survey every other month. More prelims & less surveys. It used to be the best.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  07:43:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeaF

Originally two $5 surveys a month, then one $5 survey a month, now one $3 survey every other month. More prelims & less surveys. It used to be the best.
You nailed it exactly.
Go to Top of Page

Anna-L
Valued Contributor

TN
USA
223 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  12:11:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same here, but it's nothing to lose sleep over. $3 every now and again is 3 bucks...it will help pay for the stamp increase coming in May!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  07:49:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow now they are doing sweeps surveys? What happened?

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  10:02:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJLaw1
What happened?
When survey sites do this, it is much more profitable for themselves. Does anyone know anybody that actually has won a PineCone sweepstakes survey? I haven't checked...do they list on their site who has won in the past? Now that it's become part of AC Nielson, less for members.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums