Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

LauraFL

Tampa Bay, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  5:22:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love PineCone! I happily complete every survey they give me, even though I wish they still paid $5 each.

Laura
Shopping the Tampa Bay area since 2004
Go to Top of Page

BethMomOf2
Star Contributor

Cornelius, NC
USA
304 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  06:27:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still love Pinecone too. I love trying new things for them.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

CortneyMaul
Apprentice

Red Bluff, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  08:40:14 AM  Send CortneyMaul an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been a member of PineCone Research since November 2008. Since then, I have gotten paid for 6 surveys. I receive paid surveys every other month or so.

Cortney
Go to Top of Page

VivianSoCal
Valued Contributor

Hawaii
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  10:37:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not doing Pinecone surveys anymore since they take waaaay too long and most of them only offer a sweepstakes entry anyway. No thanks.

Vivian
MSPA Silver Certified since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Carolll
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
118 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  05:40:47 AM  Send Carolll an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't do them anymore either.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  09:31:35 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
PineCone Research is growing and we invite you to help! We are offering select members the opportunity to recommend membership to a friend or relative who is NOT a member of their household.

http://www.pineconeresearch.com/signup/RR570DS1.asp
Go to Top of Page

Cennet
Contributor

Winston Salem, NC
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  1:26:25 PM  Visit Cennet's Homepage  Send Cennet an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow ive been a member for quite some time and i've gotten tons of paid surveys and at least 2 product tests. I've earned well over 50 dollars.

*Cennet*
Go to Top of Page

ColleenInME
Apprentice

Rome, ME
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  2:46:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi. I have been doing surveys with Pinecone for a few years, but no more, and I am confused. A couple of years ago, I started looking into Mystery Shopping, and did one assignment maybe 2 years ago, but none since. Last month, I asked Pinecone if doing mystery shopping was an issue. Immediately, they decided that that was my profession, and could no longer be with Pinecone. Is it wrong to do mystery shopping and surveys? I would rather do surveys than any mystery shopping assignments I have seen so far.

Colleen
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  07:25:38 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ColleenInME

Immediately, they decided that that was my profession, and could no longer be with Pinecone. Is it wrong to do mystery shopping and surveys? I would rather do surveys than any mystery shopping assignments I have seen so far.

Many survey companies ask if you work for a marketing company. Mystery Shop Companies are considered to be marketing companies by the survey industry and others. When you answer "Yes" you are often disqualified from taking the survey. The fact that the survey topic has nothing to do with your likely clients or targets does not matter to them.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

ColleenInME
Apprentice

Rome, ME
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  09:16:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So, even doing one mystery shop, over a year ago, makes me an employee of a marketing company/department? I haven't worked for so long that I don't even say I am employed any more.

Colleen
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
179 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  9:10:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mystery shopping companies state over and over again that people who do "shops" for them are not employees of either the MS company itself nor of the company being shopped. It is not up to any survey company to decide your employment status, it is yours. You are an independent contractor who works as a "consultant" for a wide variety of firms. If you're not working for an advertising agency, or for a polling company, or for any specific marketing agency, then, IMHO, there's no conflict between doing surveys and doing mystery shopping.

Further, when mystery shopping, you're not asking other people for their opinion, nor are you doing any advertising; the professional designation in industry which comes closest is "quality control."

However, if you still feel conflicted by this, and you genuinely do so much mystery shopping that it IS your full-time profession, then I'd say, given the choice, you certainly don't need the slight amount of income generated by surveys anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  06:29:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just curious-Has anyone on this board ever won their sweepstakes?

ADMIN NOTE:
Just deleted a stream of posts which just said "I did not."
Please only post if you did as no one wants to read 1000 posts saying "I did not."
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  12:15:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Fed Ex delivered a product test today resulting from a survey taken this week. Product is annoying so far.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  11:53:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the follow-up survey for the product test, received second payment the other day.

Today I received an email that the company wants the product test back because of my complaints about the product. I'll be happy to send it back...wish I could talk about it. I'll get compensated again for my time since I have to take it to the post office, etc.

I really like PineCone, I miss the $5 days though.
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
Star Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  12:18:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been getting 4-5 paying surveys a week from Pinecone now that I have moved to an urban area. Most of the checks are the $3 deals but I do get a $10 one here and there for doing follow-ups. The checks usually hsow up within a week of my taking the survey and I haven't had a single complaint.
I have no idea about the Sweepstakes but as long as they keep sending me checks I'll keep taking surveys for them!
Go to Top of Page

B. Mary

Denver, Colorado
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  5:43:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, Sheila!

Demographics are everything! I also live in a metropolitan area, but, at my "advanced" age, my opinions are obviously not of interest to PineCone, as I get about 10% of the volume of paying surveys that you report getting.

Given that "50+" people are becoming an ever-increasing percentage of the U.S. population, I continue to fail to understand why marketers and advertisers do not understand how much spending power they're ignoring with their continued insistence on only heeding input from a younger demographic.
Go to Top of Page

Anna-L
Valued Contributor

TN
USA
223 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  11:42:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought they pay by paypal only?

Anna
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  12:36:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Anna-L

I thought they pay by paypal only?
PayPal is an option.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  9:14:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love these guys. This is the only research company that has paid me. And they pay right on time too,no problems!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  6:51:54 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pinecone Research is sending out emails asking members to pass along the emails to encourage others to become Pinecone Research members.

It's not as great as it was a few years ago. The pay is less and they only pay about 1 out of 5-8 surveys. The others are qualifiers or pay a drawing entry which so far is of no value to me.

I get my pay via PayPal (optional-not required) which is a big improvement as I was not cashing all those little checks they used to send out by snail mail.

I recently had a survey that seemed to last forever. I finally gave up and emailed to tell them so.
Surveys pop in my email about 1-2 per week. I'm in the over 50 crowd.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums