Vera

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  2:52:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Vera,

I've completed dozens of shops for this company and have found them friendly and easy to work with. Of all the companies I work for, they are among the slowest to pay. But, they follow their pay schedule religiously and I've never had to chase payment. Work performed in January will be paid March 10th-20th and so on. I would do a shop for them in a heartbeat!

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Western Michigan
Go to Top of Page

.Beckee.Keney.OH
Inactive

OH
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  2:57:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shops are easy and painless, but don't count on getting paid in the near future. In my experience, they seem to change their "payment guidelines" when it suits their needs. Each time, they fall behind AGAIN. Yes, I have always eventually gotten paid. Unfortunately, some of us like to have some idea of when payment is coming, especially career MSers such as myself.

So, if and when I do shops for them, I never count on the check coming when they say. I just leave it off my spreadsheet and then act surprised when it finally shows up.
Go to Top of Page

Harriet
Apprentice

Nashua, NH
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  11:19:35 AM  Send Harriet an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do lots of work for them and they always pay, though usually 6-8 weeks later. They are a friendly, easy to work for company and I'd recommend them anytime. Harriet
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  10:13:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been trying to get a valid username and password since March. No luck. They finally told me what my username and password should be. The problem was the combination did not work. What's worse is their not replying to emails. The worst example of poor communication is their not replying for 2 months. Another time, they did not reply for over a month.

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

.AmandaNY
Inactive

Rochester, NY
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  11:31:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done many shop with them and I've always been paid. Not quickly, but I always know it's coming. In fact, as soon as I can drag myself away from the computer, I will be doing a shop for them today. They are really good about letting you change shop dates and I've never had trouble getting in touch with them. I usually call them instead of using e-mail. I know that they like you to use e-mail, but I my issues always seem to be last minute things. I have always found them to be friendly and helpful. I'm sorry that some people have not had the luck with them that I have had. Maybe we are doing different shops or have different schedulers.

Amanda
Go to Top of Page

SaFiorille

Columbus, OH
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  6:40:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been shopping with them for about 2 months, and have done nearly 15 shops (if not more!) for them. I haven't had too much contact with them, but when I have it's been great. They've responded quickly and been very friendly and helpful!I've yet to receive my first pay, but based on what I've read, I know I'll get paid - it just may take a bit longer than anticipated. (and when it does come on time, I'll be pleasantly surprised!).

I wouldn't have any hesitation to accept another shop from them - and I hope to do so soon!

I'm happy to be Gold Certified (cwhy2s)and shopping all over Central Ohio!
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  10:03:10 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Based on current positive comments about them, I am adding them back to the Volition.com Mystery Shopping Companies List. It seems they have cleared up all the past issues and problems.
Go to Top of Page

Laura P.

Gilmanton Iron Works, NH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  3:00:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My opinion of them has gone downhill in recent months. They are slow to pay (like 8 weeks), I once e-mailed the scheduler with a question and never got a reply. When I was waiting for my first paycheck and wasn't aware they are slow payers, I tried calling their 800# and you're supposed to put in the first 3 letters of the person's name, and the directory didn't come up with the name I was looking for. I tried e-mailing again using the link they provide and it came back to me.

Then back in Oct- I did about 12 shops for them, I didn't get paid for about 5 of them. On their paystubs, they just list the shops as "January payroll"- so I have no clue what shops I didn't get paid for. And both means of communication with them are deadends for me.

Laura
Silver Certified
#vv2xm
Go to Top of Page

RandyRice
Contributor

Providence, RI
USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  11:04:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My experience with Ath Power has been positive. I don't really like the shops. But...that's why they call it work.

Randy Rice
Gold Certified QSWQKG
Shopping up and Down Route 95 in Providence and Boston
Go to Top of Page

JennyB

Williamsburg, VA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  1:58:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one job for them last summer and had to contact them to receive payment after 2 1/2 months. The payment arrived within a week however.

The job was the easiest one ever and I might consider working for them again if the right situation came up.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  5:04:18 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never had a problem with the company. I had a problem with their "threat" shop. They signed me up for a couple of those, and told me I didn't have to have a account in order to do it. ya right. That one totally bombed! They figured it out on the spot! (One did), and reported it!! When Athpower called bout it, I talked to them about it, and they had told me I didn't need a account in the first place..so it was kinda their fault...they did pay me for it though.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

BevJH
Contributor

Palm Beach County, Florida
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  6:53:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what their affiliation is with Courtesy Counts? I went to sign up with CC and found myself at an ath power page.

Bev MSPA GOLD Certified -in Orlando-July, 04
Shopping, merchandising and using my Nikon for digital camera audits in Palm Beach County, FL and beyond.
Go to Top of Page

Jackie Co
Valued Contributor

West Hartford, CT
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  7:00:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My understanding is that Courtesy Counts merged with Ath Power a while ago. However, Courtesy Counts still uses their company name.

Jackie in CT
MSPA Gold Certified

Jackie in CT
MPSA Gold Certfied
MSPA Shopper Panelist Washington, D.C.
Go to Top of Page

.SaraS
Inactive

NH
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  04:16:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really like the shops I do for Ath, and I like the scheduler with whom I've spoken as well. I think this is a great company with which to deal.

Sara
Silver MSPA
Go to Top of Page

Payne

Carmel, IN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  05:27:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As a banker in my "previous life", I love these shops. They are quick, easy, and I enjoy sitting at a desk having an interesting conversation. I love my scheduler-Debbie-and she is always on-line whenever I have e-mailed with questions. There is always a substantial amount of work in my area. I have never had to call about payments, although they do pay a bit slow.
Go to Top of Page

L1lly

CO
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  1:27:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a bank job available in my area. It states you cannot have an account with the bank (so far, so good). If you want to get detail to e-mail them. The e-mail address gives a Delivery Failure notice.

I went ahead and signed up for it. So, we'll see!

Does anyone have another e-mail besides support@athpower.com ? Seems odd that they would have an address that is not functioning.
Go to Top of Page

CMilton
Star Contributor

North Haledon, NJ
USA
379 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  4:51:13 PM  Visit CMilton's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love working for them; they made it very clear that I had to have an account, and I actually opened a brokerage account with a branch who worked to save my 'threat to close'account. They pay on time, and they pay well.

c.

celia milton
Gold Certified 2004, nzcy0k
Go to Top of Page

KMClayman

Waukesha, WI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  04:27:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love working for them, and the schedulers are very friendly and easy to work with! The shops are easy to do and I have never had a poor experience with this company. One of my favorites!

Kristy
MSPA GOLD Certified enqyfs
Shopping all of SE WI
Go to Top of Page

KWolford
Valued Contributor

Riverton, UT
USA
100 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  1:06:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got a check yesterday from a shop I did in mid-February. They pay in 30-45 days, just like clockwork. I should probably open an account with the bank they use in the Threat to Close scenarios because I'm missing out on a lot of shops.

The shops are reasonably simple and the pay comes consistently. They get two thumbs up in my book.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Laura P.

Gilmanton Iron Works, NH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  4:56:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Slow paying, but you eventually do get paid. You wait 6 weeks for your check, but you do get it. They are reliable and I like that they're self assign.

Laura
Silver Certified
#vv2xm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums