Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Kim Michelle

MA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  5:00:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tina,
Their payment policy is not posted anywhere. My scheduler e-mailed it to me after I requested it. Basically the work done before the 15th is supposed to be paid on the 15th of the next month. That being said I have not received my check for the shops I did in January which according to their site was issued on 2/20. I have only been working with them for a few months. I do like the work and the schedulers so I will wait and see.

Kim

Kim Michelle
Go to Top of Page

MariaPec
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  01:15:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kim,
I have the same question - my shops are showing as paid on 2/20, but I have not received the payment. I know they post before they pay, but I was expecting payment by now. Anyone else? And now what?

Maria
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  04:38:27 AM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped for them for a few years and one of the problems is that there is only one person to do the "payroll". The date shows when the process starts but there is often a 10 day or so lag from showing paid until the checks are physically mailed. I expect to see something this week for those shops.

Also, be sure to check the date. I had to mail my last check back due to the date typed as 2008!

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  05:43:56 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Also, doesn't usually matter, but it's work checked in by the 15th..If you complete a shop on the 15th and its received by them and approved by the editor on the 17th, you won't get paid until the payroll cycle at the end of the following month...

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

MariaPec
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  6:35:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My shop dates range from 1/2-1/8 with a 2/20 payment date. All other payment dates I've had were either the 15th or last day of the month, so the 20h seems odd. I've always received payment within two weeks after the paydate on the site, and that would be this Friday, so I'm waiting to see what happens.

Maria
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Kim Michelle

MA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  6:50:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I emailed my scheduler today. She got right back to me with:

Please give it to the end of this week. It takes about 7-10 business days to receive it in the mail.

I am wondering if the delay of our checks has something to do with the date issue that Joyce and others mentioned. My guess would be that they issued them on the 15th as usual only to realize they were dated 2008 and had to reprint them.

Kim Michelle
Go to Top of Page

MariaPec
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  02:30:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My jobs are still showing a 2/20 payment date, but I have not received payment. Does anyone else have an update?

Maria
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Hunter is shopping now
Contributor

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  08:15:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for them on 7/2008.. I still haven't been paid.

They emailed me a form to fill out and I have filled it out and they still haven't responded.

It was grocery store study. I don't think I will be shopping with them again..this was my first shop.

Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Michellek39
Valued Contributor

Baltimore, MD
USA
101 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  09:16:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maria- I had that problem before. My shop showed as paid on January 15 but I still hadn't received the payment by January 26. I ended up getting it closer to the 31st, so I think there is a delay from what is showing in Sassie and when they actually mail the payments.
Go to Top of Page

Kim Michelle

MA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  3:36:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still no check. I am sending another e-mail to the scheduler.

Kim Michelle
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  8:35:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sometimes they never pay at all which is why I won't shop for this company any longer. In order for me to go away, the scheduler wrote a check out of her personal account to pay me. Despite sending in about 10 copies of my receipt for reimbursement, the accounting department would not pay me. The scheduler should NOT have written the check, but she didn't know what else to do to see that I got paid.

Bottom line, be a pest if you want to get paid.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  3:18:25 PM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just a "heads up" for everyone waiting for a check from Ath. I redeived mine today for the entire month of January. I had received a check for January 1-15, but it was dated 2008. I returned it to the company (as I am aware many shopper did) and received the replace $ in with the check that was for the last half of January.

Checks were late this month, but I believe that was because all the stale dated ones needed to be voided and the entire check run redoine.

Still, one of my favorite companies.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Kim Michelle

MA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  3:29:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received my check for the January shops. It was dated 2/15/09. Regardless of the reason for the delay, the professional thing for them to have done would have been to send out and e-mail or put a messeage on the log-in page to notify shoppers and appologize for the delay.

Kim Michelle
Go to Top of Page

MariaPec
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  7:14:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also received my payment in the mail today, with a date of 2/15/09.

Maria
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  7:35:06 PM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree Kim Michelle, they should have sent a bulk email or posted on the log in page about the problems. Now, the checks for February shops will likely be late from all the rewrites they had to do.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Cassada
Valued Contributor

Rio Grande, NJ
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  12:59:58 PM  Send Jennifer Cassada an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for them on the 12 and it shows as received, but there are no comments or grading. I'm not worried about a grade, but this is the longest that I've ever waitied to have a shop submitted for this long without anything further. Is this the norm?

Shopping the South Jersey Shore
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  1:08:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer Cassada

I did a shop for them on the 12 and it shows as received, but there are no comments or grading. I'm not worried about a grade, but this is the longest that I've ever waitied to have a shop submitted for this long without anything further. Is this the norm?

I've done quite a bit for Ath and have never received a rating or review. If it shows as 'received' and they haven't contacted you for any clarifications within a few days of submitting, my experience is that the shop was accepted and will be included in the next round of payments. So to answer your Q, yes, this is the norm.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Cassada
Valued Contributor

Rio Grande, NJ
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  1:15:05 PM  Send Jennifer Cassada an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
thanks Jeff! It seems like all of the new companies I've been trying out have a different way than all of the rest of my "normals". I wish that they would make it easier for us to know what's going on, ya know.

Shopping the South Jersey Shore
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  09:09:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got a check in the mail for a 2/2/09 shop.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

AngeliaEinFL
Trainee

Pompano Beach, FL
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  10:20:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a new shopper and one of my first shops was for this company. I didn't receive any feedback on the shop, but it was accepted and I was paid within 4 weeks. I found the process easy and the company easy to work with.

Angelia
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums