Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  4:02:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not had any problem at all with this company. I always get paid, and my scheduler is great. He responds to emails, will consider requests, etc. Really a great person and, in my experience, a good company.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

WarnerJen

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  5:22:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done close to 15 shops for this company and I have not received a single rating. Now if I want to do these certain shops again, I have to have a rating of a 7 or higher. Surely this doesn't do me any good. Did anyone else encounter this situation?

Jen
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  6:02:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same here, Jen. 25+ shops later and never a scored report in order to qualify me for self-assigning. Makes no sense. I wrote to the scheduler last night, and have not had a response 24 hours later. I'd like to know how ANYONE can self-assign these shops. As I said in my email to her, if 25 successfully completed shops is not enough to allow me to self-assign, then I want to know what one needs to do for that "privilege".

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

WarnerJen

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  6:11:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jeff, if you happen to find out any info on this please let me know. I just don't understand why I need a higher rating to do these same shops I use to do months ago. I don't know, I'm just dumbfounded.

Jen
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  7:28:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have self-assigned jobs with them, as recent as last week. There was a set of self-assign jobs today, but I got home too late and all the ones in my area were gone.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  7:36:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, there are self-assign shops for the credit card offer project where the requirement is that the shopper have a rating of 5. The shops we were referring to above, you're required to have a shopper rating of 7, which seems unlikely in as much as they don't score any submitted reports in order to move from the "5" everyone starts with. And like Jen pointed out, these are the same jobs we were able to self-assign a couple months ago (up to a max of 3 locations at any given time, I believe). I've written to this scheduler (msantana) in the past. If memory serves, she has never once provided the courtesy of a response. Strange and disappointing to be quite honest.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  06:39:55 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed 93 jobs for them and never been rated either. I checked the jobs in your state Jeff and I could not self assign either. I would suggest calling them if emailing doesn't work. My scheduler Dkahn is great about returning my emails.

Did you apply for the ones you wanted?

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

WarnerJen

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  07:07:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had applied for 3 shops that I do regularly, but was only to get 1 shop. I suppose its better than none.

Jen
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  6:06:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been doing shops for ATH for a few months. I have run into some problems with them. I do not feel their guidelines are clear on some of their shops. Lately I have been noticing they are paying slower than they used to.

My biggest complaint is their scheduling and the requirements to do a shop. Last week, out of the blue, they required a shopper rating of 7 in order to do a shop. How can people have a rating of 7 when they do not score their shops?

Now the shopper rating is back down to 5, but it still seems like you can't self assign any shops. The only guideline this time is that you can't have done the same location in the past 60 days. I have gone to sign up for some shops at locations I have never done and still can't self assign.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  6:55:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I checked my log and have received some grades over the years, maybe 5 or 6. Most don't show a grade. I was able to self-assign a few of the banking shops. I don't know why I rec'd grades for some shops, but they go back a few years and were for bank clients. Maybe they have an internal grading system, as some companies do, which we are not privy to.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

LindainPhoenix
Apprentice

Phoenix, AZ
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  09:35:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a Business Census project for ath end of March and have not been paid as yet. Did anyone else complete the Census project and have you been paid yet? I know many mystery shopping co take months to make a payment; those I tend not to shop for unless something really good comes up. I'm sure they don't wait months to collect from their "clients", why should we wait for payment? This project took a week and payment was in the hundreds of dollars so not something I will let pass. Feedback anyone?

Linda
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  11:13:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If they use an internal grading system then they shouldn't be saying you need a certain shopper rating in order to self assign. How is anyone suppose to know their rating if it is not public? If they will be requiring a shopper rating in order to self assign shops, they the company needs to grading shops. I also fee the company needs to be communicating this with to their shoppers so everyone knows what is going on. I think it is riduclous to say you need a certain shopper rating one week and then don't require it going forward.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  12:23:58 PM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They did basically so that they couldn't be self assigned by the majority of shoppers. I guess they had a lot of issues with dropped shops in April. With this last round they limited the number to 2 for self assigning...I think they are just trying to make sure that reliable shoppers are picking these up....

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

Milla-B

Cincinnati, OH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  1:26:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know what a HELOC certification is? I tried to apply for a banking job but it stated that qualification is a HELOC certification. I wanted to email the scheduler to ask about it but couldn't find the scheduler's email address anywhere in the job posting.
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  1:41:30 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Milla - that sounds like a Home Equity Line Of Credit qualification. Ath has a banking co they shop for that you must be first qualified for. If so, when you go, they offer you a pre-approval of an HELOC, as part of the scenario. You have to talk to a scheduler to get approved first. HTH.

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  1:50:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In order to do those shops you have to have an account with that bank and not have an equity line with them. Only the scheduler could grant you that certification, and it takes a long time because they have to verify your account and no equity line with that bank.
The bank takes a bit to verify that information, it is not Ath power.

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

Milla-B

Cincinnati, OH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  2:22:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gotcha! Thanks a lot!
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  2:34:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Petersen

They did basically so that they couldn't be self assigned by the majority of shoppers. I guess they had a lot of issues with dropped shops in April. With this last round they limited the number to 2 for self assigning...I think they are just trying to make sure that reliable shoppers are picking these up....

I don't know Jason, maybe that's the case. However, I've completed 30+ bank-related shops with them without any issues, and still could not self-assign. Pam (above) has done nearly 100 shops with Ath and couldn't self-assign. If their goal is to ensure reliable shoppers get these shops, well, wow.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  2:55:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed 90+ shops for them. I am only able to self assign on the Credit Card shops which are released about once a quarter.
I have never seen any grades from Ath Power, but I am able to self assign only CC shops.

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  09:00:42 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm over 200 shops with ATH and I could not self assign the teller shops either....I specifically asked my scheduler what the deal was and she said....

"They put a rating of 7 so no one can self assign, we had lots of shoppers taking jobs last round and never did them so we lost a whole week and ended up delivering the program very very late to our client."

There might be people that have a rating higher than 5 from a long time ago, but in the 2+ years I have worked with them, they have not given a rating...

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums