Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  09:22:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do they still do the bank phone shops in MD? I have not seen them in quite some time?
Go to Top of Page

CherylK
Contributor

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  10:38:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I now have a rating of 10 with this company! However, I had the usual 5 up until a couple weeks ago when the 7 requirement to self assign came out. But, one of the schedulers sent out an e-mail advising that whoever took a certain shop would receive a shop grade of 10 (AKA a hero citation)--I think someone flaked on it and it was a last minute thing. I jumped on it and did the shop and now have a 10 rating. I've done over 150 shops with this company so I'm glad to now have some sort of official recognition that I am reliable. I'm wondering if they got a bunch of new shoppers this last go round and they flaked leaving the company in the lurch.
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  11:30:56 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
i have a hero citation, but no grade still...oh well...not too worried about it, I can still pretty much get assigned whichever locations I would like..

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  11:52:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HELOC is their way of saying you are approved to do their shops for a particular large bank.

This is a stupid way of saying you are approved for these shops because in order to do these particular bank shops, a shopper can not have a Home Equity Line of Credit/loan.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  11:55:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I signed up to shops for the same bank with another company, I was approved within 24 hours. I have since tried to sign up with ATH for these same bank shops and have not received any type of response. I don't understand because I have heard from other shoppers that are doing the same bank shops with multiple companies.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  11:57:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Petersen

I'm over 200 shops with ATH and I could not self assign the teller shops either....I specifically asked my scheduler what the deal was and she said....

"They put a rating of 7 so no one can self assign, we had lots of shoppers taking jobs last round and never did them so we lost a whole week and ended up delivering the program very very late to our client."

There might be people that have a rating higher than 5 from a long time ago, but in the 2+ years I have worked with them, they have not given a rating...

If this was the case, then don't say the shops are "self assigned".

If this company would just communicate with their shoppers alot of these problems can be avoided.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  06:10:01 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can't say I have ever had a problem communicating with anyone at this company. All 4 of the people that I know respond to my emails, can move shops, assign shops and help with issues that I may have.

And Richard...you're not supposed to post the name of the client in a public forum like this...

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

LuciCCham
Star Contributor

Shaker Heights, Ohio
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  07:11:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jason, I thought HELOC was the acronym for Home Equity Line Of Credit. Not a client name. Is my assumption incorrect?

Luci
MSPA Gold Certified
Consumer Services Evaluator
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  07:31:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HELOC does stand for home Equity Line Of Credit and is not proprietary to any one bank.

I do shops for this company in Maryland regularly.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  1:20:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichardS

When I signed up to shops for the same bank with another company, I was approved within 24 hours. I have since tried to sign up with ATH for these same bank shops and have not received any type of response. I don't understand because I have heard from other shoppers that are doing the same bank shops with multiple companies.

Richard, I have shopped this bank with other companies too and it only took 24 hours or so to be approved. With Ath for some reason it was over a month and a half.

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  6:16:45 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I shop for this client with a different MSC as well. It took sometime to get authorized through that MSC as well. If I recall it was about a week with the other MSC.

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  1:29:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EKimak0930

quote:
Originally posted by RichardS

Richard, I have shopped this bank with other companies too and it only took 24 hours or so to be approved. With Ath for some reason it was over a month and a half.

The company I am currently doing these shops for only took 24 hours to be approved. With ATH, it is now over 2 months. So much for their "speedy approval process". If the client doesn't want a shopper to be shopping with more than one MSC then the client should give this as a reason for the denial instead of keeping the shopper wondering what is going on.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  05:17:09 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
HELOC is home equity line of credit...he had the name of the bank in a post. It has since been removed...

ATH just recently approved me in a matter of days...Approved my wife pretty quickly as well a couple of months ago.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  04:08:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else been having payment issues. For some reason they are skipping payment of shops for me. Example: I had a bank shop for 4/17 left unpaid but a different bank shop marked as paid for 4/25. Ugh very frustrating. I also have a shop from a bank where they could not read the receipt from the up load. After the request for the transaction slip, I emailed it twice. Still no payment, this one is from February. I use to shop two different banks for them, one of them stated they identified me but from the description the scheduler gave me it was not me. Since then, I have not been able to get any shops for either bank. The questions have been dropped and I have not heard from anyone about the shop. Just find it funny, I am no longer assigned shops with them. I use to do 10 plus a month for them.

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  04:16:46 AM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do between 30 and 40 shops per month with them and had had issues with maybe 7 shops in nearly three years, or nearly 1000 shops. I have an excellent scheduler(s) and all but one has been resolved. We are currently working on that one.

Email your scheduler about the issues; I am sure (at leat I hope so) that s/he will address the issues. Email me privately if you need phone numbers or email addresses.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  8:50:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got a notice from JobSlinger of available bank shops in my area but the link provided in the email for the teller version says "Teller visits for customers only!" I assume this means I need to be an account holder with the bank but they don't tell you the name of the bank, only the address. I think I figured it out by searching the address but can't be certain I am right. You would think they would reveal the name of the bank if they want only customers to apply. (I may have figured this out by doing a regular job search in Sassie for this company. The Job Search results do show the name of the bank. I guess this is a glitch with the JobSlinger system).

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  2:38:46 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ken, another way you can figure out the name of a company when only an address is provided is by going to Google Maps. Type the address in and Google will usually also provide you with the name of the business at that address or the name of the business(es) near that address. It works for me most of the time.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Kathy69
Contributor

AZ
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  5:17:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Google maps usually gives the phone number also even without a name. Makes it easy to call and find out.
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  08:48:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I decided in July never to do any mystery shops with this company again. This company was a huge pain to deal with. I was promised a check on two seperate ocassions by the owner of the company and she never followed through.

In June I was finally approved to do the bank shops that had the HELOC requirement. I then sent an email to the scheduler to get shops assigned to me. The scheduler then told me my account with ATH was de-activated but could not tell me why. I then sent ATH an email and received a call back a few days later and got the account situation cleared up.

I sent another email to the scheduler to ask for an updated list of bank shops that were available. I did not hear anything from her for over a week. The scheduler then sent out an email mid July with a list of shops that were available. I replied with minutes of her email requesting a shop on that list. The scheduler got back to me two days later saying the shop I requested was already taken by another shopper.

I found out the next week from a friend who also is shopper with ATH that the scheduler sent out an email requesting help with shops that were still available. The shop I requested and was told it was not available was in that email.

This was the last straw that made me decide to cancel my account with ATH. This company and their schedulers do not get back to you, there shop instructions are not clear and now they are taking over two months to pay.

I would avoid this company like the plague.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  4:30:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had excellent dealings with this MSC. The assignments are reasonable in scope and payments are always on time. Occasionally, the assignment are bonused.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums