Page: of 18

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  4:33:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Richard,
You may still be deactivated. They will not respond to you if you are deactivated. I mysteriously got deactivated also. Took me two months and several emails to find this out. I found an old email from a nice scheduler and he confirmed I was not active. Turns out I got deactivated from a scheduler who does not even schedule the shops I preformed. I still have no idea what the problem was.
But if you are not receiving a reply, I would say you are not active.

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  05:25:35 AM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if these guys do the bank call-center shops on a regular basis? I picked several up a couple of months ago, but haven't seen any since--unless I'm just searching incorrectly on their job board. Thanks.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  09:47:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Harvey S.

I have had excellent dealings with this MSC. The assignments are reasonable in scope and payments are always on time. Occasionally, the assignment are bonused.

They were a good company when I first started with them but within a matter of a couple of months it went downhill for me. It was becoming increasingly frustrating dealing with the schedulers with this company.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  09:49:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EKimak0930

Richard,
You may still be deactivated. They will not respond to you if you are deactivated. I mysteriously got deactivated also. Took me two months and several emails to find this out. I found an old email from a nice scheduler and he confirmed I was not active. Turns out I got deactivated from a scheduler who does not even schedule the shops I preformed. I still have no idea what the problem was.
But if you are not receiving a reply, I would say you are not active.
I got the deactivation problem resolved but I cancelled my account after some other problems arose. This is really a lousy company. It seems no one at this company has any idea what is going on. My biggest compalint toward the end was that you could write to the scheduler and never get a reply or when they did reply it would be two weeks later.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Margie Nyman

Union, KY
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  11:20:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done over 150 shops for ath, they used to be my favorite company.
Y first scheduler, Maria Santiago, was awesome. I had her cell number. And would call her from the road to see if anything was available. I would outright schedule 15- 20 shops a month. The new scheduler limits to 5 a month and makes it difficult to set up a route. Everything is an issue, and I have had to go over her head several times. It's not worth it. The pay for platform shops is well below par - I used to do them to help out, but now I refuse. Some sour grapes here, I admit, but just because I know how good a company they can be!

Margie Nyman
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  12:41:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to say that this is one of my favorite companies to work for. The scheduler I work with has been great and works with me to get the schedule/route I need, adding in gas money with (usually) little argument. The only issue I have is with the bank client, not ath. It's the client that limits us to x shops per month and 1 per day, and there's nothing ath can do about it. Their forms are straightforward and not a lot of narrative required.

I have never had a pay issue with them. They pay on time and accurately. Yeah, the dates on the website/check/envelope don't jibe, but it does follow a schedule.

I understand that each area and situation is different, and I'm sorry to hear of the problems others have had. I just wanted to jump in to say that not everyone has had a bad experience.

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Mike Krieger
Star Contributor

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  6:51:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the client that limits one per day isn't the best. Actually, both the teller and the platform shops were at another MS company for $18 each ($18 to shop one or the other) during July). Another thing is that the supermarket branches can be not the best with service since there is usually only one CSR on duty; maybe 2 during busier times/more popular locations. So, it can amount to a very long wait to speak with someone at the CSR desk. But the best strategy for that is to try to plan the shop with your weekly grocery shopping (but of course this bank is in rather the more expensive grocery stores in my area) and pick up a few items if you see the bank is busy and then do the shop.
Go to Top of Page

CarrieMK

RI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  09:10:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is the typical pay period these days?
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  10:00:10 AM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was paid on 9/12 (received check that was cut earlier) for shops completed on 7/17.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

CarrieMK

RI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  11:17:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much!
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2009 :  06:48:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wish their shop postings had more details regarding what is involved in the customer bank shops. No info is provided as to whether it is a teller shop, drive through evaluation, check cashing scenario, etc.

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  06:30:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone done the credit card "shops" at the coffee chain? Technically they are more of a merchandising job. The posting said they are looking for route shoppers so I applied last week. They are all for one day, next Monday, and still haven't been assigned. Normally I would be frustrated it was taking so long, now it's more like I dodged a bullet. I need to read better, you have to make a purchase and it is not reimbursed, it comes out of the $6 fee. I don't think this store sells anything for less than $2.75!

They also had some type of banking shop due today. There were no details, but I'm on my way to that area. I applied and put in the notes I needed to know before I left for the day and then followed up with an e-mail. I never heard anything and the job is still on the board. Oh well.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  5:48:03 PM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Judy in VA

I wish their shop postings had more details regarding what is involved in the customer bank shops. No info is provided as to whether it is a teller shop, drive through evaluation, check cashing scenario, etc.

You can tell what type of shop it is by reading the little blurb in the screen where you sign up...at least the banks I do I can tell that way. Platforms shops pay in the $11.75 and up to about $14; teller shops are around $10. Phone shops are between $3.50 and $5 in most instances. I have seen very few drive thru shops. Teller shops for the banks I do, does not matter if you make a deposit or cash a check. If you cash a check you still need some dsort of "proof" you were there, so pick up a brochure while there to scan as a "receipt." I personally find it easier to make a small cash deposit and use the depsoit receipt as my proof.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  01:56:43 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Over the weekend, I had a "must be done today" kind of shop (purchase and optional return). My report was a half hour before the bonus deadline EDT. Ath has not posted a grade nor acknowledged the shop was done except on Sassie, all is well there except the grading. I just wish Sassie included the time stamp.

My other sassie MSC has graded their routine shop.

What kind of turnaround do they usually have before you know the shop is reviewed on their system? It's my first shop for ath and I want to know if they were as pleased with the shop as I will be with the promised bonus.

UPDATE: 11/18/09 --Received check for amount offered including nice bonus.

I could easily be available for another one of those.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
917 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  03:38:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think they use the grading system. At least, of all the shops I've done for them over quite a few years, I've never gotten a single grade. I suppose it is possible that it is client-based, but... don't hold your breath waiting for one.

no questions + payment received = good job

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

LuciCCham
Star Contributor

Shaker Heights, Ohio
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  06:50:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi I think you are correct.

The last two months I have conducted ten shops for Ath Power. None of them received a grade. My bonuses were paid as promised in the checks that I have received.

Luci
MSPA Gold Certified
Consumer Services Evaluator
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
917 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  12:01:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
payment is still slow but consistent. I have work scheduled for them this week, so I'd recommend them.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

CarrieMK

RI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  2:49:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is involved in the credit union phone shops? There is absolutely no info on the description page.
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  7:13:14 PM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CarrieMK

What is involved in the credit union phone shops? There is absolutely no info on the description page.

You will make a call using the number provided and ask about a product. I like to ask about savings accounts or CDs, but you can ask about checking accounts. Some of the shops are targeted, others are specific products such as first time home buyer, auto loan, home equity.

Calls take abnout 5-10 minutes and the report about the same.

Go to Top of Page

ChicagoMike

Chicago, Illinois
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  8:05:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have found their grading to be very spotty... over 90% of my shops for them have not been graded, and the ones that were are all over the place for essentially identical reports.

That being said- if you are willing to work within the rules and become a regular for one of their schedulers, you can end up with a decent enough route every month, and most of their rotation cycles seem to be only 60-90 days, so in a larger metro area, you can find plenty of work with them.

Mike
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums