Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  06:20:49 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is the only company I work for that takes quite some time to pay. I never have any out of pocket expenses and they always pay. I once was unable to do a job on the date required and emailed the scheduler to request an extension. She responded, "Ok." That was it, no small talk, no threats, just "Ok." I liked that!

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  5:04:07 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Check your Job Board for this company. There is a new to me project in several states that looks interesting. I would go for it, but I already signed up with another company's 10 week project.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

SueNVa
Contributor

Chantilly, VA
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  10:16:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I dunno... the only new project I saw on my board was one that was described as a "very very hard job" ... for $12.00/hour....No thanks.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  10:20:25 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's what I said too.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  12:57:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did one of these last round... failed miserably (in my opinion) and did not complete by due date. Still they paid me for what info I did collect and report.
If I could get an area close to home, and if i had time, I would try again, now that I understand what they're looking for. My problem was that I made it harder than it actually was.

These take a lot of energy and "people skills", but the pay was pretty good, since they pay by the hour.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
362 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  3:05:21 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff Hix,

Thank you for sharing; I pitched my name in the pot for consideration. At the end of the job, I'm assured of either being sad or glad I applied for this "very, very hard work."

Bob
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  6:29:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am passing on that "very, very hard job."

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  6:12:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does ath ever let you self-assign? I haven't had many opportunities to shop with them but when I do I never see self-assign.

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  7:23:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The pet store shops are self-assign. I think that's all they've had in my area in a couple of years, so I don't know about other shops.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  1:54:39 PM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
All,

The $12/hr projects are a pain, but the pay can be good. If the areas are close to your house, she can send you the map and you can go check it out then confirm it or pass. Usually the one day gigs have paid about $300. It is detailed, but after the first store you get the hang of it. As I was told, take your time and do it right. Do all the paperwork before leaving the store (finishing in your car) since you get paid by the hour. The client wants full details and does not argue with the pay. I drove 100 miles each way for two days. Got paid Milage and $12/hr for the drive time, also lunch time. If you have any questions, just give her a call. I forget her name, but it should be on the emails or the request page on the website.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

JillinMichigan
Contributor

Washington Township, MI
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  11:05:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Some of the bank shops are self-assign.

MSPA Gold Certified shopper - shop and merchandise in Metro Detroit and Port Huron areas
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJ

Pa.
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  1:04:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi All:

Have any of you received your checks for shops that show "Paid On: 6/19/10"? It is not my concern whether or not I will get paid. I have done over 300 shops for them over the past two years and have always been paid eventually. It's just that the payment guideline dates seem to be ever changing and take longer and longer. But I was wondering if anyone had received their check yet. Thanks!

~ Jennifer ~
Shopping PA, MD, DE & NJ
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  04:10:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JenniferJ

Hi All:

Have any of you received your checks for shops that show "Paid On: 6/19/10"? It is not my concern whether or not I will get paid. I have done over 300 shops for them over the past two years and have always been paid eventually. It's just that the payment guideline dates seem to be ever changing and take longer and longer. But I was wondering if anyone had received their check yet. Thanks!

I have not received the "6/19/10" payment yet either, Jennifer. But in all fairness to Ath, it probably does take THREE weeks to rubber stamp the check and meter the postage. I mean come on, it's only 2010, it's not like such highly complex processes can be automated. What do you think this is, Star Trek?

I take less shops from Ath these days, and will probably lop them off my list completely. I continue to notice a trend in their payment schedule where checks go out a little later each time. It's an obvious result of floating with cash flow. This is why a company that shops mostly BANKS (the irony forthcoming... are you ready?) does not offer direct deposit. They don't want to be tied into a specific pay date every month lest they be bombarded by shopper emails inquiring about late payments. Much easier for them to fake the pay date in Sassie and then sit on the checks for weeks while they gather together sufficient funds to cover those checks.

They're playing a risky game, and the only ones who will lose in the end are us.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  08:38:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was getting a bit concerned over my $10 (LOL) payment from a shop done on May 7, but I received a check from them yesterday, 7/10, so you all should be getting yours soon. I also do far fewer shops for them due to the late pay. Geez, it was posted as PAID 6/19. Give me a break and all for $10. Their jobs just don't look enticing when you think about how far down the road the pay may or may not arrive. If they'd stick to a schedule I could believe, I would trust them more. But don't post it as PAID and hold the checks for 3-4 weeks. They need to be honest about their pay schedule. It seems they are holding the pay for "processing" longer than they used to.

Intellishop has PAYMENT PENDING listed for the shops to be paid, not PAID. They take a long time to pay too, but I know they will pay reliably and don't have to worry about when and if the check will arrive.

Now,OTOH, a company that will pay me that $10 in the next week (Trendsource, CRI, Cori, Mintel) or two I will definitely consider since I like to keep the cash flow moving toward my end.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  4:20:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a check yesterday 7/11 for shops completed May 1-15. The top of the stub says 6/15/2010. I'm beginning to become disenchanted with this company too because of the growing lateness of payment. They used to be one of my favorites, and I really like Jason, my scheduler. Thankfully I have enough merchandising work that I don't need the money immediately, but like MsJudi said, the time between shop completion and payment is getting ridiculous.

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

MariaPec
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  4:35:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having payment issues? My July shops have a "paid on" date of 9/02/10, but I did not receive a check in September. (And you would think with all the banks they service, they would use direct deposit!) My August shops are now showing with a "paid on" date of 10/01/10. Thanks in advance.

Maria
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Deep South Tom
Valued Contributor

Jackson, MS
USA
134 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  4:56:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My July project with a paid date of 9/2 was received 9/20.

Tom
MSPA Silver
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  5:20:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a check on September 21 (dated September 2nd) for shops completed in July. There has "always" been at least a week delay between the check date and the postmark date.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  7:55:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if they are losing one of their big clients. I noticed that BIG NAME client is being shopped on a limited basis by someone else. There don't seem to be as many jobs listed on their job board.
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2010 :  09:47:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is the turnaround time for payment with this company? I completed a shop on October 14th and haven't been able to get an answer from the scheduler.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums