Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

CherylEM

Livonia, MI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  6:51:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the late response, but thanks for the info.

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

BridgetCRC

Annapolis, MD
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  08:55:15 AM  Visit BridgetCRC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever gotten the message from Ath Power saying "no one at that branch meets this description, so unfortunately we cannot pay you for this shop?". Feedback please? Thank you :). I certainly wasn't talking to an invisible person! I described her pretty well, and unfortunately she wasn't wearing a nametag. She got a business card, but it was from another co-worker and not hers.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Straw

Independence, MO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  08:58:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got paid, but not until I gave a full description....which I did, the first time. I was asked to give another full description. She was dressed inappropriately, and without a nametag.

Rhonda L. Straw~silver Certified, Kansas City
Go to Top of Page

BridgetCRC

Annapolis, MD
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  09:00:58 AM  Visit BridgetCRC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rhonda. That makes me feel better. I asked them to review the security tapes, if they had any. I reiterated my description to them, she was dressed professionally, just no nametag....though I'm not sure if this branch requires one.

Thanks again for the fast response! It's only $15, but still. I've never NOT gotten paid for a shop before due to that reason. Once, a car shop, but other than that, nothing.

Bridget
Central MD region for mystery shopping!
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Straw

Independence, MO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  09:21:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bridget, I emailed you a reply to your question. I don't have much patience for companies that don't pay with paypal, or with dd. I don't do many shops a month, just enough to pay for my gym membership. This company isn't one of my favorites.

Rhonda L. Straw~silver Certified, Kansas City
Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  5:26:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bridget,
Yes I never got paid for a bank visit; for a similar reason.
It was the last shop I did for Ath. Having completed over 200 shops this year (for several different MSC's) this was the only one in dispute.

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jodi Duffy

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  8:37:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They did this to me too. I sent the description they requested but still was never paid, even though I completed the assignment in good faith.

I am wary about doing work for this company.
Go to Top of Page

BridgetCRC

Annapolis, MD
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  1:50:02 PM  Visit BridgetCRC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi John, Rhonda, and Jodi,
Thanks for your replies! I feel a little bit better knowing I"m not the only one. I have a feeling I know what bank it is too, but I won't say it on here.

Thanks for replying! This is the last time I do work for Ath Power also.
Bridget

Bridget
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  3:33:50 PM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi John, Rhonda,Jodiand Bridgett,

I had a similar problem with a bank shop. The CSR gave me her card, but from a different branch. She mentioned when she handed it to me that she had only been in the branch I was shopping for a week and did not have the correct cards. Ath emailed me stating that I obviously shopped the wrong branch, now understand these two branches are in different towns about 25 miles apart, I KNOW what town I am in.

I emailed back telling the editor what was stated to me about the recent transfer and was paid for the shop.

Over the years I have completed well over 1700 shops for Ath and have been paid for all but 2. Those two were my mistake. One I shopped the wrong employee (How was I to know there were two employees at the branch with the same first name?) and the other was a wrong location. I was supposed to be on North Main and not South Main.....

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  12:23:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Joyce -
I have had a few similar situations arise. "Too new" to have a business card, business card from the wrong location because they moved, etc. In each case, I either then made a deposit (if consistent with the scenario) or got some type of receipt from the ATM. Both served to demonstrate that I was indeed at the right place.

I have had a few issues with phone shops where the person on the phone tells me that they are not normally at that branch but are filling in. Then the reviewer tells me that the person I named is not at that location, and I remind them that I included an explanation in the original report. I have even offered to photograph the call log on my cell phone screen, but it has never come to that.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  08:44:41 AM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh Harvey, I like the idea of the ATM receipt to prove I was at the right location. I have a credit union account that reimburses any fees for an out of system ATM....LOVE that idea.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

BridgetCRC

Annapolis, MD
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  11:40:41 AM  Visit BridgetCRC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Question to all who responded to my initial post....I think it was Rhonda, John and Jodi among others.

Was your report a negative report? Rhonda I remember your answer but I'm curious about the others. Mine was the first negative report for that particular bank, the rest had been positive. Right after this happened, I noticed a lot more shops opened up for this particular branch, also. Interesting.

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Bridget
Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  5:16:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, mine was a negative report.

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  8:32:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
To my surprise, I don't see any shops for "America's Most Convenient Bank" or for the Pennsylvania-based regional bank which is inexplicably named after the inventor of the steamboat? Can anyone else see them?

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Joyce in Maine
Valued Contributor

Maine
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  4:55:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Harvey

There aren't any "convenient banks" listed here either --- I looked at the scheduler's note and it did say "last day you can do this shop" -- I thought it meant for the month -- but maybe the contract is over? I was really suprised that they shopped some of the smaller rural shops weekly, there usually was only one or two CSR's that worked that location. I really did not like doing these shops.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

LisaStevens

Carmichael, CA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  11:26:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have some interesting shops, and I have always been paid on time.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

YClayborne
Contributor

Gloucester, VA
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  2:50:36 PM  Visit YClayborne's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the business census for Ath Power. Are these also paid in the same cycle as others. I showed interest but it seems really confusing to me.

Yolanda
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  08:54:50 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess I missed the Census email. I have done it the last 4 years. It takes a while to understand it, but it is not too bad. I always take pictures of the area if there are shops on the street. It is good money if you have the time. I would recommend it. It takes a while to get paid, but they are fairly regular with pay.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2012 :  06:05:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get emails from Ath but when I try to sign in I find that my email address is not registered....go figure...

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  12:27:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone here familiar with the "health services" shop that Ath has listed on their Job Board? This appear to be only in NY state, but I'm not sure about that (the sort function is not behaving). I ask because the description given for the shop is, well, completely useless: "Easy In-Person Health shops in your area!" That's it. Nothing else. I have no idea what kind of "health services" this might be. Anyone know?

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums