Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Alysha
Contributor

IN
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  10:08:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a valid email or contact for this company? I tried their online contact form, but when I submit, it says the page cannot be found. I found 2 other email addresses mentioned for them (one on this thread and another on a different website) and neither address works.

Thanks!

Any other recent comments about this company would also be appreciated.

Alysha
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  2:35:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just always contact my scheduler if I have a problem with payment or something. Last time, my scheduler gave me an email to somebody directly in payroll (which of course I can't find now!)P

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

KODonnell
Apprentice

Metairie, Louisiana
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  12:29:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alysha

Does anyone have a valid email or contact for this company?
Any other recent comments about this company would also be appreciated.
This is my contact person. She is very nice and I enjoy working for this company. They should have jobs all over the country right now. Best wishes.

Jenn Sparks
> Account Coordinator, ath Power Consulting
> Phone: 877.977.6937, extension 120
> Fax: 866.474.4161
> www.athpower.com - an Inc. 500 Company
>
Please sign up at our NEW ADDITIONAL site www.athpoweronline.com to view shop locations!
Go to Top of Page

Alysha
Contributor

IN
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  06:34:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I should clarify....I am asking for information on how I can sign up to shop with this company, not contact them regarding pay. I'll try their website again and see if the form submission is working again.

Alysha
Go to Top of Page

KathyTX

Austin, TX
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  07:31:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Try this link: http://www.athpoweronline.com/index.norm.php

Kathy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Tweaka
Valued Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
119 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  08:59:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to read something good about this company. I've been doing shops for them.. and the pay is really good. I guess we're going to have to wait a while for the money though. I was wondering about that becauser they haven't graded my reports.. none of them.

Hmmmm
I'd like to know how I'm doing. I guess if they don't say anything about me signing up.. I guess I'll keep doing it.
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  5:02:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tweaka,
I've been working for them for awhile, and have never received a grade! I don't think they're real "up" on the grading systems.

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

Chrissa

Winchendon, MA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  08:57:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've worked for athPower for about a year, and until very recently, I found them a good company to work with, and my scheduler seemed friendly and appreciative. I've always done quality work for them, done last-minute emergency shops, and have traveled quite a distance when no one would pick up a shop. But ... they never paid me the bonus they offered (they had asked me what would be fair for the travel), and recently when I complained about a significant drop in their fee for a particular bank shop, I received only "attitude." Where I had been paid the "old" fee just a couple of weeks prior, I was concerned about doing the same type of shop for the lesser fee and wrote my scheduler. I was tactful, but I made it clear that I couldn't continue to accept that particular fee, not when I had been paid the higher rate quite recently, and not when they now wanted information both faxed and mailed out (more personal expense). I informed her that I would have to remove myself rather than work for such low fees (understand that I have always been reliable and have gone out of my way for them). She promptly wrote back to say that, oh, they would reimburse for the mailing but that she had "removed" me. Just like that, thank you very much.

Lesson learned: Sometimes it pays to be an exemplary shopper; other times you're just an ID number among the crowd! Dispensable!

Christina ~ shopping the 4 corners of MA and beyond.
Go to Top of Page

VivianSoCal
Valued Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
130 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  1:23:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not performed any shops for this company, but I get their emails (lots of them!) with offers. I have emailed them asking about the shop that requires photos, but have not received a reply.
Can anyone tell me if the photos must be taken covertly, or after the reveal?
Or can anyone give me a "good" email address to contact them with this question?
Thanks!

Vivian
MSPA Silver Certified since 2004
Go to Top of Page

HollyRod

Perry, MI
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  2:16:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I only completed one shop for them, but was apparently spotted so I was deactivated and can't do anymore for that client (the only one they seem to have in my area.) On a positive note my scheduler, Shannon, was friendly and very quick to respond to my emails - I was truly impressed! I was disappointed that I couldn't do any more shops for them, but they are all during the day while I'm working, so I guess it's not that big a deal.

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Lansing, Owosso and Howell, MI (and every town in between)
Go to Top of Page

LaurieBird
Contributor

Albany, NY
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  12:45:11 AM  Send LaurieBird an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have a bunch of well-paying ($40ish) retail shops in my area posted, and some in the town where my parents live (I'm visiting for a weekend this month.) However, there are no details posted for the shop--only the store name, pay, and a notation that it must be performed during a specific time period, which is not given.

Nothing about what the job entails to give me an idea of how long it would take.

It would be nice to have the "time period" details and have some idea of what I'm getting myself into...but there is no contact person listed, and the support@athpower.com address does not work. Any ideas for what I should do? Should I call them?

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Albany, NY and the greater Capital District.
Go to Top of Page

Jackye52

Mitchellville, MD
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  07:18:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love Ath Power. I've done many bank shops for them. The narrative is more detailed than most. I have learned alot about banking since completing their assignments. I was scheduled to do a shop and my purse was stolen over the weekend. I had to spend Monday, getting everything replaced. I was not focused on completing shops. I
e-mailed my scheduler and explained the situation to her. She
e-mailed me back to say she was sorry that happened to me. She said she would be more than happy to cancel the shops for me or extend them a couple of days. She left the call up to me. I of couse extended them a few days. No need to give up the money if you don't have too. I will do work for them anytime. I also got paid one month to the day.

Jackye Wallace
Go to Top of Page

SoCalStacey

OK
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  7:55:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a shop for them last month and have already been paid. I would have no problems doing more shops for them.
Go to Top of Page

ICourland
Contributor

New York, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  08:46:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a threat to close bank shop for ATH. The scenario called for the shopper to visit a banker. Their survey has many job titles that they call "bankers," including customer service reps and tellers.

At customer service I requested to see a bank manager according to the scenario, and was refused because she was busy. This is also a part of the scenario -- whether or not I was referred, and was also noted in my report. I was able to get a validation card.

The scheduler is displeased that I did not speak to a banker even
though they consider a customer service worker a banker, and the fact that I was not referred to the bank manager, even though they ask if I was referred in the report. My shop has been cancelled and I will not be paid.

This is totally unfair, and I wonder if it's safe to work for this
company. I have another shop to do, and having second thoughts about ever working for them again. They seem to decide very arbitrarily whether or not they will pay you for the shop, not according to their guideline rules.

I don't know what to do about this. Please advise.

Ilene
I no longer shop. Stop spamming me with your shops!
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  11:01:38 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
ICourland,
I have done several shops for athpower and have not had problems. I did a bank shop today - probably the same bank as you did, but not a "threat to close." This was a checking account inquiry. In my instructions it says to wait at customer service, and speak with a banker IF YOU ARE REFERRED to one. That seems to imply that if you are NOT referred to one, it should be reported as such, unless the instructions say that you must wait a certain amount of time, or insist on speaking to one, etc. For the bank, refusing to let you see a manager "because they are busy" says quite a bit about their customer service, don't you think? They could have mentioned the wait time, suggested another time for you to come back, etc.

Anyway - I think you should contact your scheduler and ask for clarification - ie, spell out exactly what did you do that supoosedly violated the shop guidelines - especially since you have another shop scheduled and do not want to have the same problem.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

AntonioUTShopper
Contributor

UT
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  03:16:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like this company...I have only done one shop for them but I was treated well and paid within a decent amount of time.

MSPA GOLD Certified
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  11:33:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The bank shops they schedule around here moved to them from another company. I did them for the old company and when I saw the new pay rate, I practically fainted dead away! They went down nearly 50%, with the same requirements as best I can tell.

I won't touch them at this cost, and they seem to be having trouble filling them around here.
Go to Top of Page

Presley
Valued Contributor

Dallas, Texas
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  6:19:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done quite a few shops for this company and have never had anyone tell me they were too busy. I can't imagine telling a customer this. Even the customer service reps will refer you to a banker. I like this company, they are fair and the people I have worked with are great.

Presley, KH
Gold Certified
Shopping Dallas/Ft. Worth & Surrounding Areas
Go to Top of Page

Karen Anderson

San Jose, CA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  07:04:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a job that I did for them in Sept as well. I made many phone calls until I found out that according to them I had already been paid. Apparently they mailed a check and it was cashed. I checked and checked, and verified that I have never received payment from them and informed them so. They were going to look into it, but it's already been a month. I don't know how long it usually takes a bank to verify a signature on a check or to even see what bank the check was cashed at. A month seems a bit excessive to me. I am wondering if they sent the check to another shopper with a similar name and they cashed it in error.
Go to Top of Page

Joy Jean

Janesville, Wisconsin
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  09:19:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't buy it. I hope this isn't one of those things where it is becoming like G3! I am telling you, I wasn't paid for a job from September, and I've contacted them over and over via email and phone. No answer. I WILL Not shop there again unless they clear it up. If they do, I'll let you know. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums