Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  10:07:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am performing my first shop for them tonight. I have enjoyed speaking with my scheduler and he has always been easy to contact. This is a great paying job so I will cross my fingers the payment comes through. I will post an update when it does.

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  4:42:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I loved the shop I performed for this company two weeks ago. However, I have emailed my scheduler three times to determine their company's current pay schedule. I could not find anything online. He won't email me back. Does anyone know how they have been paying recently? Should I expect 60 days? 90? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

L.K. Eells
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

JessSK
Trainee

Brookline, MA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  4:49:24 PM  Send JessSK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
For my last shop with ath, it took 2 months, nearly to the day, for me to get paid.
Go to Top of Page

Laurie B
Apprentice

Lebanon, CT
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  5:09:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for this company in December. According to my shop log they paid me on January 31. Their website says they pay via paypal but Paypal doesn't have any record of the payment. I have sent them several emails and no one gets back to me. When I finally do get paid, I doubt I will ever waste my time with them again.

Laurie
Go to Top of Page

LisaRose
Contributor

Ronkonkoma, NY
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  10:46:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It took me a little while to get paid the first time too...but more recently, I have had no issues and I love working for them.

Lisa Rose
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  11:12:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am getting a little worried. The week leading up to my first shop, I was emailing my scheduler and getting responses within the hour. Now that the shop is completed, I have emailed him to ask the company's payment schedule, because I wasn't sure when to expect payment. He won't email me back. I have sent three emails, two using the online form and one directly. He won't get back to me. I don't know what to think now.

L.K. Eells
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  03:37:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Their payment schedule is posted on their website. I saw it last night when I was printing my paperwork for today.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  10:39:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just completed the shop and the information was on the bottom of my guidelines.It states: Shopper checks are cut at the end of the month following the month of your shop.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

JanetMA

Ocala, FL
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  10:45:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ath Power is not on list. What is it exactly called? Thanks.

Janet

Janet
Go to Top of Page

SalaPace24

Silver Spring, MD
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  5:41:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company is pretty good. They pay on time and I have had no problems contacting them to answer any questions. Great company.

sala pace
Go to Top of Page

ChristaSnyder
Apprentice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:40:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had great experiences with ATH. I have been working with them for about 5 months. For my jobs completed in the month of December, I will received my check around February 12th so they run about six weeks for payments. Schedulers are friendly and flexible - I work almost exclusively for them and love it!

Christa
Go to Top of Page

Karen Anderson

San Jose, CA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  5:57:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am still waiting for my payment from Sept.
Go to Top of Page

LisaRose
Contributor

Ronkonkoma, NY
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  10:49:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jen, one of their schedulers, is one of my favorites...excellent communication, and helpful when you have questions!
:)

Lisa Rose
Go to Top of Page

ICourland
Contributor

New York, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  06:44:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorrieS

ICourland,
I have done several shops for athpower and have not had problems. I did a bank shop today - probably the same bank as you did, but not a "threat to close." This was a checking account inquiry. In my instructions it says to wait at customer service, and speak with a banker IF YOU ARE REFERRED to one.

If you've never done a "threat" shop they're a lot trickier than a simple inquiry shop. Firstly, the scenario is kind of bizarre, because normal customers don't enter a bank with the intent to close a checking account by asking for a branch manager. So there's one strike against you.

Second, the banks don't care to follow the scenario the company gives, and you have to twist arms at times to get them to do so. Like if you go up to customer service and ask to see the branch manager they go:
"What for?"
"To close a checking account."
Customer service lady gets out a withdrawal slip.
"All you need to do is to fill this out with your total balance, and we'll close the account for you."
"But what about the branch manager? Is he or she available?"
"I'm not sure, but you don't need to speak to a manager to close your account."
"Can I speak to a banker then?"
"You'll have to wait, but to close the account just fill this withdrawal slip out. Do you know your balance?"
"Can I at least get a business card from a banker?"
"What for?"
"Uh, maybe to talk about a CD."
"Hold on, let me check."
Lady hands me a card. (This is the tricky validation part.)
"Is this person the branch manager?"
"No, I don't think we have a branch manager." She turns to an associate.
"Mildred, is John the branch manager?"
"What do you need to speak to a branch manager for?"

And around and around we go. The shopper groans.

I have done loads of banks asking to open an account and very rarely have problems, but this threat thing is very tricky as you can see. The guidelines are open to interpretation, and people in the branches very often do not cooperate.

I get a lot of second-guessing from the company after doing these, and I don't know how many more I will do. My stomach just can't take it.

Edited to add:
I have had no problems getting paid by this company. They pay by check, but I usually see payment in about 4 weeks. They are also very prompt about answering emails.

Ilene
I no longer shop. Stop spamming me with your shops!
Go to Top of Page

Karen Anderson

San Jose, CA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  11:21:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Update - I received payment for my Sept shop. Apparently, there was a glitch and it had been sent to the wrong shopper. I am pleased that it got resolved and I was paid. Thank you Ath Power.
Go to Top of Page

CMilton
Star Contributor

North Haledon, NJ
USA
379 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  2:18:45 PM  Visit CMilton's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also love this company, and I just finished doing a round of shops for them, but I have also found the "threat to close" shops problematic. Very often the teller is more than happy to do that without contacting a manager, and I don't know that a "normal" customer would want to talk to anyone else; they would just want to close the darn thing. I have never had one rep offer to let me talk to a manager. They pay great, but I've stopped doing them because I just feel so weird about the scenario.

celia milton
Gold Certified 2004, nzcy0k
Go to Top of Page

LisaTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  06:13:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really liked this company until I performed one of their bank shops and, although I completely memorized the scenario, the employee didn't ask me for the correct account. This had not happened before, but to no avail, in Ath's eyes it was my fault, not the bank employee. I reported this to Ath and was questioned on why I wasn't asked for a certain account. I responded correctly and honestly and was told that I needed to read the guidelines.

I was really miffed. I read the guidelines completely, and performed my part perfectly. It's not my fault if the bank employee is an idiot. Needless to say, I wasn't paid for my visit. I really went out of my way for this one which I now regret.

The moral of the story - if you accept an Ath banking assignment, don't you dare report that the employee doesn't ask for the specific account. It would appear that neither Ath nor the client wants to really hear what is going on at the bank.

Lisa
MSPA Gold Certified and happily shopping in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

ChristaSnyder
Apprentice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  10:09:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ATH has switched to a twice monthly pay schedule. I just got paid on 7-20 for shops completed between 6-1 and 6-15.

Christa
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  11:44:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa, I don't know how I would have handled this as I am not familiar with the shop instructions. Perhaps one could have hinted around about the particular account in hopes that the person would talk about it.

I suppose one could just ask about that account, but I assume that is not allowed.

It is an interesting dilemna, indeed. As far as bad reports go, many companies seem to question the bad ones. I would prefer all shops put the employee and company in a positive light. It makes my job easier, but this will never happen.

Based on what you posted, I don't know what else you were supposed to do.
Go to Top of Page

LisaTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  10:28:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Quinn. I really appreciate your feedback. I, too, try to take the high road and mention the positives. And, funny enough, I not only hinted about the account, I even mentioned the name of the account to the representative and said that it sounded interesting. He still didn't take the bait. To no avail, Ath just didn't want to report anything negative to the company in question. Kind of makes you wonder what the client is paying for.

Lisa
MSPA Gold Certified and happily shopping in North Texas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums