Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

MissEllen
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
150 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  4:12:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Suggestions please........I did a bunch of assignments for them in October, and was paid for all but one. I have emailed the scheduler several times, then left phone messages for her and the accounting department. To date, no one has responded. Is there any other department or individual at ATH that might be helpful?

Ellen
gold certified
Go to Top of Page

LainieShop
Contributor

Myrtle Beach, SC
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  6:11:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't see this company on the Volition list? Do they go by another name?

Silver Certified 76vx3b
Shopping Myrtle Beach, SC! Schedulers feel free to e-mail me with any last minute jobs. I have no life :)
Go to Top of Page

Jahn Z
Contributor

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  10:45:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I only know it by name "AthPower". I do not keep track of what shop payment I receive. I only receive check in total and do not examine to see if there is an error.

Should I be concerned about all this?
Do they make errors frequently?
How do you keep track of all the shops from their pages?

Jahn
Go to Top of Page

KellyH
Star Contributor

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  04:16:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Howdy Miss Ellen,

There is an entire topic on this one. When I did the search, I did not capitalize Ath, so it came up. The search engine can be touchy. Good luck getting a response back...it took me sometime with my payment issues:

http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5391&SearchTerms=ath

Kelly

MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  10:29:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a few bank shops for them, having been paid for one of them already in a good time frame.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  1:58:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just had my first 2 shop assignments with them. One, a platform shop, went smoothly and I got almost instant positive feedback from the scheduler.

The other has me really grinding my teeth. First of all, I got an email at 2 PM yesterday to do the shop yesterday, and the location closes at 3 PM. Obviously that was a "no go."

In addition, the shop instructions are very explicit. The shopper may not do the shop without first getting additional information about the scenario from Ms. xxx. I called Ms. xxx yesterday and she told me that actually Mr. yyy was the person handling all of that. I got transferred to Mr. yyy, who said he was very busy and would email me the necessary information. He did apologize for giving me only 60 minutes notice for the shop. He sent an email changing the shop date but also advising me, again, to call Ms. yyy to get more details before doing the shop.

This morning I tried to call the MSC, and tried several extensions in addition to those of Ms. xxx and Mr. yyy. No one answered and instead of getting voice mail, the system just hung up after telling me that the line was busy or the person was not answering.

I just know that I am in for an email from this company about not doing this shop!

Anyone else out there grinding their teeth about Ath, or did I just have a little black cloud following me around today?

Thanks, Cilla

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

SherrianSmith

Newnan, GA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  2:38:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cilla:

No, it isn't you re aTH Power. I hv done 3 jobs for them
and sometimes didn't find out until the morning of the job!
They do pay very very slowly and unfortunate I had a
scheduler who wouldn't gv me the time of day re when
pay day was, or any answers to the questions a shopper
has when starting out w/a new company. I did all the banks
within my area and even a little farther out. Now, of course
no jobs for like 180 or 300 days I think it is with aTH. So,
I've moved on.
The key is if you hv a good scheduler keep in contact w/him
or her. I found they are more hands off than hands on, so
you may not get a mean email. If you do, just kindly remind
them you were not sent the authorization until it was too late.

SSmith
Newnan, GA

Sherrian
Go to Top of Page

SusanToonces
Valued Contributor

Queens, NY
USA
167 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  07:59:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do they just do bank and apartment shop?

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Bri-in-CA
Valued Contributor

Ukiah, CA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  5:13:11 PM  Visit Bri-in-CA's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first shop for them four weeks ago. It was a phone evaluation for a bank. At this time they don't seem to have any onsite shops in our area. As I was entering the report, the scheduler left a message on our voicemail wondering if I had did the shop & when I'd have the report in by. That's the first time that has ever happened. She had included her email addy, so, I sent her a message. She replied, they were up against a deadline, hence, the reason for the call. I haven't heard anything since.

I'm guessing they don't give comments or scores? I'd like to think it's been reviewed by now. I do appreciate some feedback, especially, the first time I conduct a shop, because, I don't like to request anymore assignments until I know the initial one was acceptable. I suppose I won't find that out until I'm paid.

Silver certified & shopping Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino & Lake counties
Go to Top of Page

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
488 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  5:24:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done 2-6 shops a month for this company for about a year. In my experience they pay in about 6 weeks. I don't get as anxious about it as I do with some companies, because I have no out of pocket expense. I belong to the locations where I shop, so I just complete a normal transaction, make a couple observations and move on. Considering with some companies you have to wait up to a month or more for some shops where you are putting charges on a card and have the potential to run up interest...I have no complaints. I would like the fee to be just a little higher though.

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

Dar
Star Contributor

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  05:07:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done a couple of shops the past few months for this company. The first paid in 30 days. The second looks like it will be about 6 weeks (if they pay on the last day of the month for the previous months shops). I'm not worried about it as the first one paid on schedule.

The pay seemed decent until I did the shop a couple of times. The second time, I whizzed through using all my MS tricks but it still took 3 hours, even though I had improved on my speed. I think the job is underpaid overall, don't know if I'd take another of the same.

BTW, this isn't a bank or an apartment shop.

Dar
MSPA Gold Certified
~ MSing the Southern USA ~
Go to Top of Page

Beth in TheWineCountry
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  06:21:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bri, I had the same thing happen with me! They called me at 6 am the day I was to do the shop to "remind" me to do the shop. I was so irritated! Then I got 2 emails "reminding" me to post my results before I even made the calls. I didn't like feeling "babysat".

Beth

Gold Certified shopper happily evaluating
the North SF bay area
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  06:45:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only completed a few bank shops for them but my experiences have been good. The forms were straightforward, pay was in 30 days, and no unexpected surprises.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  08:08:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Erroneous post removed by poster.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  04:53:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have sent their scheduling department 3 emails, starting 10 days in advance of the shop date, saying that I have to decline a shop that is assigned to me. This morning I got an email from them, finally, reminding me of the due date of that shop.

The reason that I won't do that particular teller shop for them is that I did that shop, at another branch, about 10 days ago. The scenario, as written, does not make sense. The survey, as written does not correspond to the scenario, but it, also, does not make any sense. I think that someone did a "cut-and-paste" job on the platform scenario and survey and ignored the whole issue of continuity and internal consistancy. There are even places where the instructions say something like, "If you answered "no" to question Y, DO NOT answer question Z." But, when you skip question Z, it won't accept the survey.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  06:03:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a phone number for their scheduling department? They have assigned me some shops that I cannot do, after they called me and asked and were told I could not do them. They are not responding to emails requesting either a cancelation or rescheduling.

TIA

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  2:05:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good news!

Today I got a call from a scheduler asking me if I can do a shop that I had requested for August 2. (This is the 6th). I explained that I had just done a cluster of shops in that location today and was booked for the rest of the week.

When I told her my tale of woe about their assignment and communications problems, she asked if I'd like to speak with her supervisor. I would; and I did. It turns out that they have shut down that unresponsive email address for their scheduling department. Someone finally figured out that if individual schedulers weren't being held responsible for their emails, no one would answer emails. From now on we will get assignments from real people, with names and specific addresses.

We also talked about some of the other problems that have been discussed on this forum recently. I suggested that someone from their MSC who was authorized to speak for the company sign on to this forum and explain what steps are being taken to remedy some of the problems that we have seen lately. She was enthusiastic about that and said that she would talk to a VP.

I suggested that she tell the VP that these forums are a great place for them to find out how things are going with their own operations. "Think of us as providing you with free mystery shop reports on the forum." I also assured her that this was not just a place where people come to complain.

Enjoy,

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Bri-in-CA
Valued Contributor

Ukiah, CA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  4:13:10 PM  Visit Bri-in-CA's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
My schedule shows I was paid on 7-31. It was a phone shop & the first assignment I ever had with them. I looked at my PayPal account & there wasn't anything there, so, I'm guessing, they pay by check? Then the paid date must be the date they processed it, not, the date they actually mailed out the check. Otherwise, I would have received it by now. How long does it usually take to get the check? Thanks.

Silver certified & shopping Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino & Lake counties
Go to Top of Page

Michellek39
Valued Contributor

Baltimore, MD
USA
101 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  5:32:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They do pay by check, but it's been a couple of months since I shopped for them, so I don't remember how long it took to actually receive the check.
I'm still waiting to receive my $5 referral bonus. I was told it would be on my next check, but I earned the bonus March 31 and am still waiting. I can't seem to find a phone number to call them to ensure the bonus is paid on my next check.
Does anyone have a phone number? I've sent a few emails with no response.
Go to Top of Page

Erik K
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  06:08:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have always paid me within 60 days. If you have a problem with a particular assignment it always seems to work to go back to that assignment and click on help. That way the proper person gets the email. They may have to pass it on to the payroll department but they should follow up for you and ensure payment is received. One reason why I think SASSIE is better than Prophet - better ability to communicate about an assignment.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums