Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

MelindaGraham2000
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  09:26:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am also waiting to be paid for a shop that I did back in June. I know the last time I did a shop for them I got paid within 30 days. I guess they have strecthed out their payments.

Melinda
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  1:36:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My 6/29 shop was paid on 7/31. If you have not yet been paid for June shops, you may want to send an email.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  2:46:19 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, they pay by check and I also show a payment made 7/31/07 for June shops. I do not email my scheduler any more as she stated payment is made within 45 days and I needed to leave room processing and for the post office. Ahhh, the post office.

Anyway, generally payment does arrive within 30 days, but I have found it to be 45 to 55 on the rare occasion.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Cindy2366

NH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  5:27:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I only did June shops for them in the first half of the month. The check is dated July 15 and I received on July 26.

~Silver Certified~
Go to Top of Page

Bri-in-CA
Valued Contributor

Ukiah, CA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  12:57:14 PM  Visit Bri-in-CA's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a check a couple of weeks after the posted paid date of 7-31. I did another phone shop for them & now I know how long I need to wait for payment.

Silver certified & shopping Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino & Lake counties
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  2:06:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It would be nice if they paid more for them.
Go to Top of Page

AJasinski
Trainee

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  06:47:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello, this is my first posting here. I have been shopping since March this year. I have not had the trouble I have had with this company's communication as of yet. I swear that my scheduler was responding without reading my emails fully. My problem was twofold.
1. I did checking account opening shops and they save your profile. Has this been a problem for anyone? I feel like it would be strange to walk into the forth shop scheduled for the month as see three profiles for the same person! The schedulers say that the profiles are deleted monthly.
2. In the course of the shop I accidentally named the investment company they are affiliated with, doh! The banker recommended the service I should qualify for based on the scenario. However, he wanted to look into for me. I told him maybe I was wrong about the company and I would not make him to the work if maybe I was wrong. I told him I would be back so he told be he would save the profile.

I had another shop that day and emailed the scheduler about it. I didn't want to risk my anonymity. The scheduler read my email as me not giving my ss# and if I'm willing to give the required info then I can complete the second shop. She canceled my first shop. I emailed back and retold my story. She tells me to fill in the shop if I did what I said. I emailed back to tell her the shop was canceled. I get email back what shop cancelled? It must have been cancelled because I didn't do the shop on the right day, huh? Well, in the end all my shops were cancelled including the one I completed. I have no answers as to whether I really had a problem or not. But I was told I could just start over next month. Not at this rate I still don't have my questions answered. I'm sorry for the long post, but I sent 10 emails back and forth with the scheduler and got nowhere. My final email was telling them the wrong shop form was up and that got cancelled also with no response from the scheduler. I bet she thinks I'm a moron but I suspect she may not speak English!

Amanda
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  12:20:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No offense but if your emails were anything like this post I would be very confused if I was the scheduler. I still do not understand exactly what transpired.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  12:57:25 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amanda, I don't think it is the fault of the scheduler if, like you said in your post you created such a confusing situation;

"In the course of the shop I accidentally named the investment company they are affiliated with, doh!"

I would recommend doing a simpler shop and making sure to have all details and guidelines clear in your mind. I think the schedulers email of starting again next month, made great sense.

You said"The scheduler says the profiles are deleted monthly." Clear answer and to the point.

I would not suggest taking any of these shops until you know what you are supposed to do and have no questions left.

It might have been simpler for others to understand, if you had separated some of the information. It all runs together and it is truly difficult to clearly see what you are saying.

Keep asking questions here and we will help as much as we can, but of course, we cannot help with the specifics of the shop scenarios due to ICA's.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

AJasinski
Trainee

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  1:14:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, I do see now I was missing parts of my story. My assignment was to get info on opening an account following a profile that included me having investments and see if they recommend the correct account. I walk in, talk with the banker, and give him my ss#. He can see all accounts linked to this ss# (investments and credit cards linked to the bank). My profile included having investments and he asks where the investments were through. I accidentally stated a company name that is affiliated with this bank. Obviously the info is not going to show up as I was following a role. He also mentioned that I had a second profile that was listed with them. I freaked a bit because this was the first time I had done this particular role/type of shop. I explained the situation in the help/contact section. The next I heard, the shop was canceled. I contacted the scheduler about it to see exactly what caused it to be canceled. First reply stated it was canceled because I refused to give my ss#. I replied that was not right and repeated my story. She replied "maybe because it was done on the wrong day?" That was my second hint that my email had not really been read. I restated my story to her and she told me to enter in the shop if it gone as I said it did. I contacted her because the shop had been removed from my log.

This is where part 2 of my problem came in. I had a second shop scheduled that day. I wanted to be clear that having multiple profiles would not be a problem. If it was a problem, I wanted to know what I needed to do to prevent them from saving my profile. I had done 1 other shop this month for this MSC/client. This is why the banker saw the other profile that had been saved from earlier in the month. I wanted to be sure if I did the scheduled second shop I would not be given away by having two profiles saved.

After I told her the first shop was not available on my log, the second shop was canceled without warning along with another shop I had scheduled the following week. So at this point, I have a completed shop that I was told to input, but do not have a way to input that first shop. I will not be paid for this shop, because ???. I was told I could apply again after the 2nd week of September. However, I still don't know if multiple profiles will give me away. If I were to do this again I would just shut up and do the shops and worry about it later. So yes, the story is convoluted and confusing. I guess I assumed that people would have an idea of the type of shop I had done.
If you need clarification, ask. I wasn't the one that caused all the confusion.

Okay, it was my fault. I understood the instructions perfectly, it was a mindfart that made me choose a company that was affiliated. You had the option of saying whatever company you wanted.

Fine, my final questions, have any of you been hurt by multiple profiles being saved. Have you gone into the bank and had a banker go why do you have four profiles if they are deleted monthly. I guess it hasn't been a problem for anyone else. A simple answer of profiles being deleted monthly does not answer my question of whether having multiple profiles saved in a month would hurt my anonymity. So while that may be a clear answer, it does not answer the question.

Amanda
Go to Top of Page

BrianCollins
Valued Contributor

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  1:49:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, all of your previous visits and profiles are saved. Yes, they will see this stuff and try to line it up with what you are saying during the visit. Their first thought might very well be fraud.

You can't do these types of jobs too often. Trying to do a handful of these SSN-revealing bank jobs is like trying to do ten haircut assignments on a single day. It doesn't work...not because you can't act, but because it is so obvious.

It's time to walk away and do some different work for a while. And personally if I can't resolve an issue with three email exchanges, my time is too valuable to continue the discussion merely for the principle of the matter. Especially if you are not out any significant money and only lost the time spent trying to do the job. And, as you might admit, perhaps you botched a line and said the wrong thing at the bank. Accept it and move on. The end of the month is coming and there is other money to be made elsewhere...good luck!

Edit to add: Credit inquiries can stay on various reports for up to two years depending on exactly what you were doing. And yes, this "record of activity" is a large obstacle and might explain why some companies have so much trouble getting all of their jobs filled.
Go to Top of Page

AJasinski
Trainee

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  1:53:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Brian, I just wish the scheduler had thought of that or mentioned it to me when she scheduled four shops for me in a month. How was I supposed to know? The investment company mistake completely aside, my question was valid. It sounds like the scheduler may not have wanted to admit that the profiles would indeed seem fishy and risk me dropping the shops, especially when there are still a ton to do in my area!

Amanda
Go to Top of Page

Dale Fredrick

Bullhead City, Arizona
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  2:31:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amanda - This is the second time in two weeks that I have heard that they DO NOT remove your previous visit information from their computers after 30 days in spite of their explicit promise to do so.

If it's the same one that I have done, it should state in the shop invitation that you are not to shop the same location in less than 365 days. Doesn't help with OTHER locations, though, if they leave prior information in their system!

Dale Fredrick
Shopping NW Arizona
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  6:44:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've completed many shops for Ath with no problems. However, I had a strange occurence this month. I do many bank shops for several companies. I must have applied to one for Ath early in the month. One evening I checked my email and found they had assigned a "Free checking" shop for the next day, with a note "Can you shop on xxx?" This was several weeks after applying. I emailed & called several times (left messages) to explain that my schedule was full for the next day & I would not be in the area of the bank. I stated I could do it the following day. I never received a reply & called several times during the day, hoping I could reschedule or, if necessary, try & squeeze it in, which I could not.

Well, I never received a response and the shop remained on my shop log with the same date. I did the shop the next day & submitted it. It has been received. I did receive a voice mail the next day telling me that the shop was due and I should submit my report ASAP. Duh, don't these people check their email or voice mail??

Anywho, after reading the instructions, I was surprised to notice that it was a requirement to give your correct SS#. Well, I DON'T THINK SO!! Thankfully, the CSR didn't ask & I did not volunteer this info. I have never been asked to give my SS# for a checking a/c inquiry & I certainly do not intend to. In fact, most MSCs will say to avoid giving this info. I do not see the purpose of this. I have completed bank shops for them in the past & giving SS# was not a requirement for those.

Well, that's my long story regarding Ath. I don't intend to apply for any more of their bank shops because I am certainly not comfortable giving out my SS# to a bank I have no intention of opening an a/c with. I did read that they supposedly delete the info, but I don't trust that they will follow through with that. I also do not feel comfortable with their lack of communication and last minute scheduling of the assignment. I found this strange and out of character for them. Has anyone else had similar situations?

Judi
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  11:00:52 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, what a mess! I would seriously consider my other options before applying for anymore of these shops. Maybe you can let the scheduler know you would like to do them, but you would like a phone number to call to have some questions answered first. Good luck!

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

AJasinski
Trainee

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  06:18:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MsJudi,

I just checked my application log. I have a shop I had applied for in the beginning of August. The due date for it is the end of August. It now show up as a September application. That's odd because they make you enter 2 possible assignment dates when you apply. I wonder if I'll get an out-of-th-blue email that I had been assigned on a random date.

Amanda
Go to Top of Page

BrianCollins
Valued Contributor

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  10:59:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amanda, based on what you've posted, it does not sound like the scheduler handled things the best way.

There are good schedulers who upfront tell you to limit your exposure to a lower number of assignments distributed over a longer period of time. I've had schedulers flat out say -- "People keep getting identified on these jobs, so be careful and don't do X or Y!" It is better, in my opinion, to create that awareness instead of blindly sending shoppers into the muck.
Go to Top of Page

JuneRMacK22
Valued Contributor

WI
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  09:25:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've shopped for this company for years with no problem. The other day I did a bank shop. Before I even got the shop entered I got an email stating I was spotted as a shopper. I asked how, but I wasn't told. It's hard to do the shops when you have to give your ID and then you travel. I will really miss doing those shops. What is really strange is that I had not been in that location in a year. My husband says I have shopper written on my forehead, maybe it's true.

June
Go to Top of Page

Kaaron

Central, CT
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  07:06:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped for this company for over a year.I've noticed a change in the past 3-4 months since the scheduler I had been dealing with left the company. I've applied for shops, and then check the site and none are assigned to me. Then the scheduler would contact me asking me to accept shops. When I mentioned it, she said she couldn't understand what happened. I also have noticed that in the past 3-4 months, one or two of the shops that should have been included in a check were overlooked. My emails and voice mails are not being returned by the scheduler that took over for the banks that I shopped for.I don't know if this is an issue with the scheduler or the company. Is anyone else having these same issues with Ath?

Central CT Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MoniJ

Trumbull, Connecticut
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  1:14:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a shop from May that was not paid. I called and sent e mails with no response. Finally,a little over a month ago, I got an e mail back from the scheduler saying that the client stated I was on my cell phone and refused to answer any of the bankers question. This was totally false. I sent the scheduler a copy of my cellphone bill for that day which showed the only call on my cell phone for that day was at 7 p.m. that night. I e mailed and left her messages asking the scheduler to get back to me with a resolution. To this day she has never responded. I even tried to speak with her boss. It seems like all their calls go direct to voice mail. I find this rude and unprofessional. If the company was not going to accept my rebuttal then they should have the courtesy to say that. I will probably never do an assignment for them again which is too bad because I did enjoy their shops and there were plenty in Southern CT.

Monij
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums