Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  07:51:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a rather brief email today from this company, asking if I could help out with a bank shop, and they were willing to give a bonus.

So I headed over here to Volition, and based on the feedback, have turned it down.....in my reply email, here is what I wrote (don't know if it will do any good, but companies SHOULD REALIZE that feedback on Volition is IMPORTANT to us shoppers, and we DO take it into serious consideration before accepting a shop!!)

No thank you!

Based on the feedback on Volition, it seems this company either does NOT give out enough information and/or has payment issue problems.

There was even one posting of a shopper who was accused of talking on her cell phone during the shop. She SENT A COPY OF HER CELL PHONE FOR THAT DAY, showing she WAS NOT on her cell phone during the shop in question. She has been IGNORED and has NOT EVEN BEEN PAID YET for this shop!!!

NO THANK YOU!!!

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  08:15:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
While I value the feedback on Volition and my fellow MSers' advice, I still like to make an opinion for myself.
More often than none, negative feedback is easier to give than positive feedback. You see a lot of posts about bad experiences with shoppers sharing their experience and more or less venting. Less common are the posts letting you know a company did just what they were expected to do. Nothing more, nothing less, but just what was supposed to be done.
In your case, and while respecting your decision, I probably would have either tried the job and formed my own opinion, or just declined the job without mentioning your reasons to do so.

As MSers, we are supposed to be objective and unbiased, based on our own observations and not hear-say.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  08:37:29 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for this company on a monthly basis and I am paid fairly and on time for my work, except waiting for the post office.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Jodi Duffy

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  09:54:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been treated with rudeness and disrespect several times by this company. I have been stiffed and shorted on pay. I have found it difficult to communicate with schedulers.

I have also been treated with courtesy and kindness. Unfortunately, it is the negative experiences that stand out in memory.

Any negative feedback that is circulating is grounded in actual, repeated incidents. It has definitely been part of my ongoing experience with this company. I have completed hundreds of assignments for them. The volume of work is the reason I have put up with the rudeness and occasional nick when it comes to fair pay.
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  3:31:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only completed about 6 shops for this company but they paid on time and I had no issues.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

AndKnapp
Contributor

Valparaiso, Indiana
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  4:13:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never had a problem with getting paid from them before now. I didn't get paid for a shop, a bank one with two parts. I emailed several times without anyone answering me back. I called, no one called back.

Then I realized that I probably didn't get paid because I'm 99% sure that I shopped the wrong bank. There's two on the same street with the same number for the address too, I think I did the south one instead of the north one. I have no problem with not getting paid if that's the case, but no one will get back to me about it.

Also, I was wondering if anyone else noticed that a very easy bank shop of theirs hasn't shown up yet. I did a whole bunch of them in November and some in December, but now they're not there. Does anyone know if they're run monthly or quarterly or if they even still have them?

Angie
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  9:13:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only done one shop for this company but I had no problems with them at all. I'd do more but they only have one assignment available in this area & I can't be trying to open a bank account at the same bank every month.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  06:25:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only done 2 pet store audits for them. The first one was a breeze, the second one took close to one hour. However, given the generous fee on those, it was well worth it. I got paid as expected and did not have any communication porblems at all.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  6:30:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Servanne

While I value the feedback on Volition and my fellow MSers' advice, I still like to make an opinion for myself.
More often than none, negative feedback is easier to give than positive feedback. You see a lot of posts about bad experiences with shoppers sharing their experience and more or less venting. Less common are the posts letting you know a company did just what they were expected to do. Nothing more, nothing less, but just what was supposed to be done.
In your case, and while respecting your decision, I probably would have either tried the job and formed my own opinion, or just declined the job without mentioning your reasons to do so.

As MSers, we are supposed to be objective and unbiased, based on our own observations and not hear-say.

I recently asked for feedback on this company to asses whether or not to take a series of jobs offered. I am very capable of making my own decisions. Nonetheless, I have learned in this business to read the feedback of other experienced shoppers before working with a company. If I had done that, I probably would not have been a victim of G3. Based upon what I read, I decided to not take the jobs. If I see a positive trend of comments for a few months, I might review the situation again. Until then, I'll let those that have positive experiences with this company keep the jobs.

BTW, I've only had major problems with two companies (G3 and a low paying company still active).

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2008 :  07:20:56 AM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just today had a February shop cancelled by them with no explaination. Earlier in the month I had a group of shops cancelled at the last minute...stating the client changed their mind about having the shops.

This is distressing when one plans their schedule by the month and works shops around each other as most of us do..

Now, I have never not been paid by them, nor has my check ever been late or not the correct amount.

Joy
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2008 :  2:22:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rita Collins
I recently asked for feedback on this company to asses whether or not to take a series of jobs offered. I am very capable of making my own decisions. Nonetheless, I have learned in this business to read the feedback of other experienced shoppers before working with a company.

That was my point Rita. While I highly value experienced MSers opinions, I make my own decisions.
BeverlyAnn wrote the company and told them she did not take the job because of other's bad experiences and went on to quote a specific incident. While it was her decision and I respect that, I was merely stating that as MSers, our job is to be objective and unbiased. Therefore citing other's experiences as a reason to decline a job is not somehting I would do.

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

Kaaron

Central, CT
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  6:42:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently learned that a large bank client in the CT area of this MS company has not renewed their contract for 2008.
Go to Top of Page

AndKnapp
Contributor

Valparaiso, Indiana
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  6:48:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it the bank whose name is made up of numbers? If so, does anyone know if they went to a different company or just stopped altogether?

Angie
Go to Top of Page

Kaaron

Central, CT
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  6:53:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No - the name is not made of numbers. The bank is large in the New England area only as far as I know.

Central CT Shopper
Go to Top of Page

SaraB
Contributor

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  02:22:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What do you think about the new credit app. assignment? You fill out the application, but they don't process it?! The shop details state it won't change your credit, but for the risk and SSS # being given out why is the fee so, how shall I say, unworthy? Why play with your credit when you don't earn enough to be reimbursed to check your credit report and confirm they are telling the truth?!
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  05:11:01 AM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They lost two big clients. Both are New England based. One is the bank their checks are drawn on and the other the name of a famous dictionary. They have also reduced their pay by $.25 per shop. I still do the deposit shops since it is my bank and I would be there making a deposit even if not shopping.

It is just worrisome with gas rising and as reported in the Boston Globe this Sunday that food prices are rapidly inflating due to production costs (fuels). It seems everything is increasing EXCEPT shopper renumeration.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Kam
Valued Contributor

MA
USA
115 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  2:20:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I usually do a lot of the teller only shops for this company, because they were very, very quick on location. I never enjoyed the report because I felt it was extremely repetitive, but they weren't difficult. When I received the sign up email for them, I noticed the reduced fee and decided it really just isn't worth it. I complete bank locations for other companies for twice and three times that fee and the forms are simple. The cost of living just keeps going up, but wages are not keeping up.

Kam
silver certified
shopping SE MA
Go to Top of Page

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  11:26:16 AM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote

Hmmm.. I have an account at one of the clients they lost. I don't have clue if anyone picked them up or not so maybe I should close my account. Does anyone have a "hint" on if these clients are still being shopped?

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page

AndKnapp
Contributor

Valparaiso, Indiana
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  2:54:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if they still have the bank with numbers as a client still?

Angie
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  3:37:36 PM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Guy,

I know the dictionary one is being shopped internally. As for the other I do not know. They do have another client that was just listed today that sounds interesting. You may want to check the website.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums