Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

CandiLynn
Trainee

Maryland
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  10:28:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done many, many bank shops for them....so many, I am actually taking a break since I am tired of doing the same branches. I have never had a problem with communication or getting paid, not the fastest, but I have enjoyed working with them.

Candi

CandiLynn
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MicheleinFLA
Star Contributor

FL
USA
334 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2008 :  5:49:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how to reach a human at Ath Power? I've tried contacting a scheduler to no avail. I've done many shops for them and am amazed at this recent ill treatment.

Michele
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  4:07:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never had a problem speaking with a person at Ath. I talked to someone up there earlier this week. I would give you their number but I can't seem to find it right now.
Go to Top of Page

CherylK
Contributor

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  09:51:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ath has listed their most recent payments as 4/15/2008. Has anyone received this round of payments yet? It's been two weeks and I haven't received mine. I've left two messages with the company and neither have been returned. In this economic downturn, I get a little concerned when payments aren't received on time. Especially since I've done several shops for them these last couple of months.
Go to Top of Page

Greta
Valued Contributor

Waldorf, MD
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  10:49:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my check on 4/23/08 for shops completed 3/1 - 3/15.

Go to Top of Page

Val AC
Valued Contributor

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  11:06:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cheryl, I just received my check yesterday from a shop that was shown as paid on 4/15/08.

I think their shops are low paying for what they require. They're platform and they require narrative throughout the entire shop report. All that for about $10-12. They assign their shops last minute (like the night before), so you have a hard time pairing another shop with them. With gas prices so high, I doubt I'll take more of these.

These types of shops used to pay close to $20.
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  11:27:18 AM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my check on April 23 for the shops that stated paid on April 15. I talked to my scheduler about the time lag and found out that they only have one person doing the payroll for all the shoppers. Now, do I know if that is true or not, no, but I've never NOT been paid.

I do agree that the pay is rather meager for the amount of work required. Narratives are easy and I only give them what I am being paid for. I usually only write three of four descriptive sentences in each block.

There are several of their shops in my area and I love my scheduler...she's wonderful and works with me to schedule a route. She'll tweek dates to help me and I will pick up odd shops where someone flaked for her.

I will say that if the pay drops any lower for this company I will only be doing the teller shops and not the platform shops.

Joy
Go to Top of Page

CherylK
Contributor

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  12:16:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never not received payment from this company either. That's why I found it odd that it's been two weeks from their supposed pay date of 4/15 and I've still not rec'd a check. Val, if you just got yours yesterday, I'll hold out some hope yet. It's just that I don't know whether to be upset with the company for not paying when they said they did or with my mail carrier for perhaps delivering my check to the wrong address. If I'm told the pay date is April 15, I assume that's when the checks are mailed. Our mail carrier is not always the most reliable, so I don't know what to do. Was my check mailed on April 15 or on a later date? I wish all these companies would just go to Paypal or Direct Deposit--it's much more secure, in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Jim from PA

Pottsville, PA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  12:31:49 PM  Send Jim from PA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only thing I don't like about this company is after I decline a shop from a scheduler, another would call asking about the same shop. They are very very friendly though, and would help in any way they could.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Val AC
Valued Contributor

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  12:36:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cheryl, my check was mailed on 4/25/08. So, they held the check for 10 days before mailing it.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  1:05:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last week, I became concerned because my shop log had a paid date of 4/15/08 and I hadn't received it, so I e-mailed the scheduler. She responded promptly and said that 4/15/08 was the date checks were CUT, but it takes 5-10 business days for them to be MAILED. I received mine today.

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Val AC
Valued Contributor

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  2:04:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Julie H.

She responded promptly and said that 4/15/08 was the date checks were CUT, but it takes 5-10 business days for them to be MAILED. I received mine today.
I completed my shop on 3/14 and received my check on 4/29; so, it took 6 weeks for me to be paid and it was a paper check. Many companies now pay within a month. I won't be doing any more shops for them, especially for such low pay.
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  05:54:38 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never had a problem getting paid from this company...maybe a little slow, but pretty close to the schedule they tell you ahead of time...

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

CherylK
Contributor

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  11:24:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I finally received my check today. It was postmarked 4/28/2008.
Go to Top of Page

Susan_in_NC

Huntersville, NC
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  6:39:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first 2 shops for them a week ago and have another scheduled for tomorrow. I've yet to get graded on the two...do they not use the grading system or are they just REALLY slow? I've never shopped for someone and gotten no feedback, so I'm a little nervous about how I'm doing (in their eyes).
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  10:06:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've actually grown to like this little company once I understood their quirks. They do not use the 10 point grading system. I sporadically get emails that they reviewed my shops and they usually say something like: "Wow, great job. Thank you." These reviews are not consistent. The other quirk is that the website will say that I got paid on the 15th of the month. In reality, checks are not written and mailed until the 28th of the month. Check shows up just after the 1st of the month.

This appears to be a small company. They are grateful for the work you do. Occasionally they will have fun shops. My recent all paid trip to Six Flags was at their expense.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  10:47:46 AM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a smaller company and they are nice to work with. I rarely get feedback regarding a shop, but when I do it is usually an email or a small posting at the right side of the completed shop. They do pay a little slower than some of the larger companies and they mail checks not Paypal.

My last check (received it 6/27) was postmarked 6/25 and dated 6/15. I always expect it within 2 weeks of when the shop log says paid.

I've completed nearly 400 shops for them and find my scheduler a dream to work with. She's accommodating and will tweek dates for me so that I can do a route of shops for various companies.

Joy
Go to Top of Page

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
488 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  2:54:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have enjoyed my 50 or so shops for this company. Shops are simple, people with the company are normal..not run by a computer program. They do seem to have suspended or stopped doing the shops for the financial company I had shopped for them regularly in NH & ME. I hope these shops resume at some point in the future.

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

MariaPec
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  4:00:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I wasn't paid for a shop that I thought should have been included in one of my checks, I sent an email to the scheduler asking if there was a problem with my report. She got right back to me and said she would forward my question to accounting. I got back an email from the accounting dept. within a day or two with an apology that the shop was missed and assurance that it would be paid on the next check, which it was. I enjoy working for ATH when I can and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Maria
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJ

Pa.
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  09:00:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know a phone number where you can make direct contact with an associate of ath? I have sent e-mail after e-mail to the scheduler who scheduled some of the bank shops I completed for them (the rest of the shops I did were through a scheduling company). To my knowledge, there is just the 800 number and then you have to choose an extension. I have also left a couple of messages for one of the managers listed and I have received no return call as of yet. It would be nice to be able to speak directly with someone. So if someone has another number or any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Additionally, does anyone know, if it shows "Paid on 6/30/08" when it is that I might actually see the check? This is my first payment coming from them.

Thanks for your help!

~ Jennifer ~
Shopping PA, MD, DE & NJ
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums