Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  08:23:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow...I think I'll pass too! I just read the instructions and can not figure out how to be discreet about it... Some of the stores here are pretty small. The information required is detailed and plentiful. For the other pet store audits with Ath Power, I have been approached by the store personnel. They will surely be on to the shopper in no time with this one.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  4:28:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My bank called me and said the check from ath was not signed by them. How do I get in contact with someone at the company? Thanks.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  5:33:22 PM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
ValricoConnie, here is the email address of one of the supervisors
jslayton@athpower.com I don't know exactly how he can help you. You may need to mail the check back to get it signed.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  4:53:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ValricoConnie

My bank called me and said the check from ath was not signed by them. How do I get in contact with someone at the company? Thanks.

That's a trick broke people use all the time. It causes delays until they get their money together By the time you get in touch with someone, mail the check back, they sit on it a few days, then mail you another check - they should have enough to pay.

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  8:52:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company is now off my list of good companies. I have been emailing several weeks in a row to find out when they will reimburse me and I get no answer--these are for shops done months ago and should have been paid. No other company has avoided communication and cooperation as much as this company has. I did like them and I had done alot of shops but now I'm mad.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

SJAmos
Contributor

Columbia, SC
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  04:00:39 AM  Send SJAmos an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amy, I'm with you on that one!

Sallie
Silver Certified in SC
Go to Top of Page

Aileen M.
Star Contributor

Naperville, IL
USA
410 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  11:55:04 AM  Visit Aileen M.'s Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
A few days ago I received a check dated 8/31/08 for a $3.50 phone shop I completed for them in July.

Aileen Mullee
General Manager
Ann Michaels and Associates
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  12:04:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I emailed them a few weeks ago about a payment that I had not received. It was from 6 months ago and I had overlooked the fact that I had not been paid. It appears it was an oversight on their part as I had been paid for all the other shops done in the same time period.

I received a handwritten check within several days. So, I have no problem with them.
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  6:43:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quinn

I emailed them a few weeks ago about a payment that I had not received. It was from 6 months ago and I had overlooked the fact that I had not been paid. It appears it was an oversight on their part as I had been paid for all the other shops done in the same time period.

I received a handwritten check within several days. So, I have no problem with them.

Quinn, Do you have a contact email address? I received an unsigned check and I am not getting a reply. TIA!

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  04:36:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't seem to locate it. I originally clicked on that help/contact button next to the job on the shop log and sent an email to the scheduler. The scheduler wrote me back with the email address for a payroll issue. So, I would try that help/contact link.
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  09:31:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do several bank shops per month for them. Have never had a payroll issue in about 3 years of this. Keep trying.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  09:40:33 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did everyone get paid and have the issues resolved? I was just checking their site and have completed 85 jobs for them in the last year, with not one payment issue.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  10:35:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company has become my first black listed mystery shopper company. I am still doing battle getting my expenses paid for shops I did at the beginning of July. One was a bank shop. I couldn't shop the target banker and ended up shopping the teller. The guidelines did not provide ANY instructions for handling a shop where the target wasn't present. I performed the shop and wrote exactly what happened in my report. I received a note from the editor that in the future, I should shop the target without acknowledgement that I had explained this in my report. The shop was not paid without explanation.

I emailed repeatedly. I received one response that the shop was rejected and the person attached a copy of my original shop evaluation. I shot back a reply with the information I included above. Again I heard no response. After hounding them several more times, I received an email that a check was cut to pay for this shop. I received this email only last week. I'll believe it when I see the check.

I have not had success with getting paid for another shop. I did a shop at an amusement park earlier this summer. I was told I would be reimbursed for the entrance fee and parking. To date, I have not been reimbursed for the parking. I have sent the receipt mulitple times and they still have not paid it. They've told me that they didn't receive it which I no longer believe cuz they have no trouble responding to my emails. My last 3 emails have been ignored.

When I wrote polite and professional emails, I was ignored. It was only when I changed to a more beligerant and nasty tone did I start to get responses. I am getting exascerpated beyond belief trying to get my money back for expenses I incurred doing their shop.

I enjoyed working for this company and they were appreciative of my excellent reports. Now, their deceptive and unprofessional interaction with me has reversed my opinion of them and I won't ever deal with them again once they pay me. Otherwise, I will remain a thorn in their side.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

MariaPec
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  12:18:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also do only bank shops for ATH and I'm surprised to hear about these issues. I had one shop back in May left out of a payment check and when I emailed from the website, the scheduler said she would bring it to payroll's attention. I got an email that same day from the payroll department apologizing for the oversight, and telling me it would be included in the next pay cycle, which it was. Other than that, I've received payment within six weeks. Thanks to those willing to share their different experiences.

Maria
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  2:57:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a check 10/4 for all my August shops. That is right on schedule.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  5:18:06 PM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed well over 500 shops for this company and only once was there an issue with not being paid. I brought that to my schedulers attention and it was included on the next check. It is worrisome that some are having such issues.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Kim Michelle

MA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  3:04:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
According to my understanding of ath's payment policy a check for my early December 08 shops should have been issued on January 15. Do they mark the shops online as being paid or send an email that payment has been issued? I live in MA where the company is based so there should not be much of a delay due to mailing. I just started doing shops for them. I like the work and the schedulers have been very helpful. I could use the money sooner rather than later but from reading earlier posts on this topic I am getting nervous.

Kim Michelle
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  3:28:59 PM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kim Michelle, they mark the shops as paid (mine say that) and you received the check several days later. I expect to see my check around the 24. Remember there was a holiday yesterday and no mail and many places not working.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Kim Michelle

MA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  5:03:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you, I see they have just updated my December shops today as paid on 1/15.

Kim Michelle
Go to Top of Page

LoriB23
Valued Contributor

Louisiana
USA
110 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  6:35:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was deactivated from this company, because one of the Bankers I shopped gave me a card from another bank she worked at before she transfered to the one I shopped. The scheduler did not believe me and she deactivated me. As if the bankers don't get transfered. This happened years ago.

Lori
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums