Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Games, Entertainment, Travel, Food & Food for Thought
 Travel Info and Ideas
 Anyone know of a company that makes travel kits for kids?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  8:00:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I was pregnant 3 1/2 years ago I read a magazine article about a company that makes up travel kits for children. You provide information regarding the child's age, child's interests, and the date of the trip. For a small fee (I think it was around $25) they send a box of goodies that you can use to entertain the child as you drive cross-country.

I am planning to drive to Tennessee, pick up a friend, and proceed to Florida in August. I'm figuring about 24 hours of actual driving time one way. It sure would be nice to have such a box--and convenient to not have to seek out the contents myself with my daughter in tow. I like the idea of letting her be surprised every so many miles with a new diversion. (But then again, Leap Pad has headphones--maybe I should just invest in several educational programs).

However, I have lost the article (no big surprise, I guess). I thought the name of the company was Hugs and Kisses--but a search on Google provided around 32,000 hits that I have not been able to successfully narrow. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Jnanne
Silver certified

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  8:43:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's the web site you might have had the name wrong, it's called "Sealed with a kiss".

http://www.eswak.com/tp.asp

Here's another good one:

http://www.momsminivan.com/bigkids.html

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  9:09:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Stephanie--thank-you so much. I believe you are right and I misremembered the name. Sealed with a Kiss sounds right.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  11:12:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Glad to help out

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  5:43:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just sending this forward in time, in case it is useful.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Forum Tip:
Go to Top of Page

The easiest way to get back up to the top is to look to the lower right corner of the posts and of the whole page and click this: top

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums