Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

JennyK22

Marietta, GA
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  11:29:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My other half has just begun night sets with them. They have paid as agreed - way on time, if not before - and he is not required to have worker's comp to be a temp employee with S&S. His scheduler is out of this world! Regarding his first check, they did not received the faxed time sheet, but he refaxed with the previous confirmation and they got it out to him on time. They have just been great. Good pay and mileage and GREAT communication! That's what really makes things work!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Helen Jean Harris
Valued Contributor

Mesa, AZ
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  2:21:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SASS is a great company to work for; however, I haven't worked for them this year. Most work in my area requires 40 - 50# lifting. Too much for me. My experience in the past was positive. They did pay me an extra $1 or $2 per hour if I drove at least 40 miles one way. (80 mile round trip.) All teams I worked with were fine and they pay very timely. No complaints, just phraise from me.

Helen Jean
Go to Top of Page

Douglas05
Contributor

Shelby, NC
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  04:46:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a 2 day reset for them a few months ago. The pay was fair and on time. I get qyite a few e mails from them for more work but I am doing a full time merchandising job now and can't works nights too. I have found them to be easy to work with.

Silver certified...Shopping NC. Charlotte Metro and Upstate SC.
Go to Top of Page

Chrissy Roosmom
Contributor

Lufkin, TX
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  08:50:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done several sets for them. Expect the first paycheck to take 3 weeks but then all others in 2. I was never asked for workmans comp. They get around the mileage part by factoring it in to the payscale. I was paid very decent hourly and always made overtime. They are a great group to work with and you will be paid.

Chrissy
Go to Top of Page

AudreyB
Valued Contributor

West Plains, Missouri
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  12:33:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've received quite a few e-mails from them and have just accepted my first job (Night time reset). I received e-mails and a phonecall from the scheduler and he explained all the required paperwork to me, including the I-9 notarization requirement.
He also explained that the first check will take a few weeks, but other checks would be arriving weekly.
The pay seems to be fair and there are incremental increases for places that are further away. I will get my hourly pay, plus another $1.00 per hour because I will have to drive more than 50 miles to the jobsite.
I hope they keep me busy enough so I don't fall asleep, I haven't worked nights in over 10 years.

The only thing I don't like is that I get an e-mail a day asking to confirm the assignment. I already did that after I received the first e-mail, so far there have been five others asking for the same thing.

Audrey

Audrey
happily shopping southern Missouri and northern Arkansas
Go to Top of Page

HeidiTi
Contributor

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  5:46:46 PM  Send HeidiTi an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The web interface is relatively new. It sends me a lot of email!

I did a set about a month ago. The web interface worked for the first day of the set, but I couldn't find a way to enter the second day. I just explained what happened. My pay was prompt and correct.

Ms. Heidi
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  8:09:44 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If its vanities you definately won't fall asleep. ugh! The painting is fun though, just don't wear new clothes to the set..

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  07:18:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a set with them. It was not too bad. I just think it more a guy job. I am useless by hour 11. Thats about my limit. They email me every day.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Allen

Sheffield, AL
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  08:16:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy working for SAS. The projects sometimes require heavy lifting, so I weed out the ones I take and the ones I do not. It is great experience, as Lowe's does ALOT of work inside their stores with I/C's. You can learn alot on an SAS project. The one thing to remember is that if(on Daily basis)your mileage is more than your wages, you do not get paid wages, only mileage. If wages are more than mileage, you get paid both wages and mileage. I reinterate, I enjoy working for them, the pay is on time and usually right, IF you understand the wage/mileage business. The night resets fit in with my daily jobs, as I can schedule my "dailies" around the nights. Also, when SAS sends you an offer via e-mail, the sooner you can reply, the better your chances of getting assigned the job. They also keep reps on hand as back-ups, which I like. If you don't mind "jumping and running", that is! I keep all my tools in my car and ready to go.

Sharon S. Allen
Go to Top of Page

PeggyOH
Trainee

Akron, OH
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  08:44:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for SASS for over a year. I have liked the project work, because it works with my schedule. They do pay promptly, but I do not like the fact that they deduct the mileage from the total. I think that it's wrong. However, I have been happy with it until they started assigning work from their website. Now the team lead has the chance to choose whom he wants, and I have not gotten any work for several months.

I now work for another company that does resets in a different store, pays a higher hourly rate and reimburses for miles over 20 on top of the wage. I made almost three times as much from just two resets, and the schedule is better, as well. I still get emails from SASS, and if I manage to get a spot, that's great. If not, that's fine also.

Other than that, they are a great company to work for.

I don't remember them requiring my own workers comp insurance. If I would get hurt, which has not been an issue, I would just take care of it through my husband's insurance. Worker's comp is too many headaches, any way.

As far as my own tools are concerned, I did not have my own tools on the first day, either. I went to the dollar and discount store and purchased tools, and they work just find. I didn't spend a great deal of money on them, and if I forget and leave one, it isn't a big deal. I personally don't have a problem taking my own tools. Actually, I prefer it, because then I don't chance breaking someone else's tools that I would feel obligated to replace.

To the person who said, "they lost a good person, as far as I'm concerned". You really should throw the baby out with the bathwater. There are downsides to EVERY job. There is not PERFECT job or company. Every job and every company is going to have disadvantages. One of the other disadvantages to this is that isn't steady enough, but I can't imagine being able to go to a local store and make $550 and for two days of work. You can't beat the hourly rate and the schedule. I can work part-time and still homeschool. It's ideal.

Another thing to consider is that if you can work every day, they will keep you busy. They seem to prefer people who can go to all of the resets they have scheduled. They never used to have any on Fridays, and they didn't have any around the holidays. However that has changed. One of my disadvantages is that I have children and I homeschool. I can't work every day. I don's seem to respond quickly enough to get the slots available.
Go to Top of Page

Carol 25
Apprentice

Baytown, TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  08:51:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently took on a Garden Merchandiser position with S&S, at first it was peachy, but after finding out that the District Manager was a true Jerk, it became a nightmare! My problem was I emailed my scheduler and made him aware of the situation at hand, yet received NO BACKING by S&S! I'm guess when it comes to a company who is generating business for them opposed to a peon such as myself, the company out weighs the peon who is just a contractor! This Dist. Manager on a daily bases harassed me even though my work was done, yet I was still Nit-Picked by him, opposed to his pets in the company who had not yet had their duties done. I was required to work in the rain(thunderstorms) & cold, and sick at that, and was slammed for going home early. This was on a weekend, I had informed this D. M. that I was ILL on my day off which was the day before I was to go back to work, he could careless, yet he stayed home the week before sick. On sunday when I got home he called only to harrass me again for leaving early again, yet had no concern about my being ILL. That evening(sunday), I received an email from my scheduler stating that I was not to report to work on Monday, and when asked why he stated that it was because they were waiting for the weather to warm up, which was a total lie, because I contacted a co-worker who informed me that they brought guy from another temp service in. I was truly hurt to know that as hard as I had worked and was praised by Home Depot Managers for my work that I was replaced for basically not kissing this Dist. Manager's rear. I feel if I were slacking then I would deserve it, but I wasn't, and had H.D. Managers who would back me. As a matter of fact after being in the one store for only two days I was offered the Garden Dept. Head position, which like a fool turned it down, this was before becoming Ill therefore thought my position was stable, little did I know. On the Monday after working the weekend sick, I finally went to my Doctor and found out I had Pneumonia, yet S&S, nor Retail Plant Services had any concern, the only concern that S&S had was about me writing a letter or two to the Dist. Manager asking him why I was canned! I guess you could say this is a prime example of the old saying, MONEY TALKS AND BS WALKS! I feel that some employers these days don't take their employees welfare seriously, as it seems to some of them we are only subhuman there to perform just labor, not quality work and to be treated as if we are animals. I believe if you are hired to perform a job do it to the best of your ability and then some, not just a laborer, but add a little flair while doing it!
I refuse to work for another employer who doesn't have their employees best interest at heart, for I know I am a great person who performs at an awesome level, therefore I deserve to be treated like a HUMAN, not a DOG!! S&S only sees Dollar signs not a contractor's welfare!

Go to Top of Page

.Colette P
Inactive

Virginia
USA
124 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  5:43:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent info on this company?
Thanks,
Colette

Colette P
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  7:35:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not work for them and I do not know anyone that does but they sure did send me a LOT of emails for work in my area. I have enough work with my present companies to take on more.
Go to Top of Page

HeidiTi
Contributor

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  11:37:29 AM  Send HeidiTi an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't worked for them in some time. I had good experiences on several projects and one set that went badly. The schedulers names on the emails I receive has changed, so there has been some turnover since I last took on an assignment with them.

Ms. Heidi
Go to Top of Page

Jane Walshing
Valued Contributor

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  4:03:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The entire company had restructured a while back. The old, OLD comments do not apply to this company today.

You are an employee and you do NOT have to buy your own insurance. You are not an IC.

Pay is way higher than $9 per hour! They also pay a fair mileage compensation depending on how far the store is from your house.

Yes there is a lot of work in home improvement stores, as well as grocery stores, and several other types of stores.

These very old posts really shouldn't be rehashed because they are completely not relevant to the company as it is today. It's a completely different company and great to work for.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

Terri Kilcrease
Apprentice

Knoxville, TN
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  9:35:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What type of tools do you need to work for this company?

Terri
Go to Top of Page

Mel D

Ohio
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  06:51:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any 2008 feedback for this company?
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  08:41:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have Lowe's kitchen resets for them all next week. I can lift 40 pounds, but not over my head, so we'll see how it goes. They're paying $11 to start, which if fine with me since they've never met me, and it's day work - 8-5 or whenever, depending on how long it takes.

I had a question about the instructions that said, "Bring standard tools," so I emailed and got a reply fifteen minutes later! They defined "standard tools" as a ratcheting screwdriver with bit set, hammer, pliers, cordless drill & bits if I have one.

They also said if I didn't have a Lowe's vest, I need to buy one for $10, which they'll reimburse.

I'll keep you posted how the pay and such goes.

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Hair & MSPA Cert: Silver (70 - the new 30!)
"Retired" and LOVING it (mostly)!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  5:47:06 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just applied as they have work in my area. Here's hoping I hear back!

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

GregThim
Apprentice

Enumclaw, WA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2009 :  12:50:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Set and Service Resources going on 2 years now and they are great to work for. The pay is always on time every week!

Don't look to them for steady work. They provide employees to Companys that need extra workers for ReSets and other jobs.

You go to their web sight and apply for jobs that are posted.

For an example, I have worked a short 4 hr reset at Lowes now and then to working 2 weeks straight setting up a new Lowes store. I have remodeled several PetSmart stores, worked Home Depot, Safeway, WalMart and many other stores for SASR.

Great Co. for part time work!!!

Greg Thim

Greg
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums