Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Becca_GA

Marietta, Georgia
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  6:44:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I Love:

The Prego commercial where the baby pours the spaghetti bowl all over himself.

All the Johnson & Johnson "Having a baby changes everything" commercials.

The dairy Queen commercial where the dad is carrying the baby in the front carrier, and the baby kicks him in the *area* and then head butts him for the icecream..lol. Too cute

Love lost:

The M&M's commercial where he says "no no no. We dont DIVE in anymore.Insurance claims, lawsuits. No we have to wade in with a buddy". ITS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  12:57:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A lot of the older Purina Cat Chow commercials were hysterical with the dancing and/or singing cats, and all of the Bill Cosby for Jello commercials were good.

I also thought a lot of the "Got Milk?" commercials were very clever and funny. One in particular was when the guy walks in the kitchen for breakfast, tries to pour milk in his cereal bowl, and finds the milk carton empty. He looks at the baby sucking on a bottle of milk, and the cat drinking milk from its bowl on the floor. Suddenly you hear a loud crash, and a screeching "MEOOOOOOW!". You know the rest.

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  07:40:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was a sucker for the Taster's Choice serial commercials. I still want to know if the potential boyfriend ever found out the man at her house was her son, not a lover. I don't understand why that ad campaign was changed.

And as a Star Trek fan, I enjoy the Priceline.com commercials--especially the one where Statner is being told he is going to be replaced, and Nimoy walks in the door. To a lesser degree I like the ones where Shatner is making fun of his old "Golden Throat" recordings. Younger folk who may not know about his attempts at a singing career are likely just irritated at the bad singing, but I like the fact he can make fun of himself.

How about the commercial where a dad is desperately trying to placate a crying baby, trying several computer sites for little kids, and the baby finally responds to the supermodel website? Mom walks in the door and catches them, then it is revealed she is the supermodel on the screen.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Christina WNY
Inactive

Buffalo, NY
USA
305 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  08:26:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love that Pepsi commercial where the guy fixes himself a big sandwich and the doorbell rings. He walks to answer the door and his dog helps himself to the sandwich and of course chases it with a Pepsi. Just before the guy returns, the dog brings in the cat, places it next to the empty plate and runs away. I think I like this commercial so much because Secret Agent Man is playing in the background!
Go to Top of Page

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  4:57:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I laughed at the cell phone commercial that shows the kids on the playground with the teacher telling them, "I need you to tell me how many minutes you are going to use this ball for the next year. Think carefully, because if you use more than you say you will have to pay a penalty, and if you use less, well, that's just a waste, isn't it?" There are other versions out now, too, but I still think that one is the funniest.
Go to Top of Page

KFoy
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  7:23:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just love the California Cows commercial for California Cheese. They are hilarious!! I especially love the snooze alarm one where the rooster comes flying out the barn, and the earthquake one. I know earthquakes aren't any fun, we get them too. So don't mean any offense to anyone who lives in earthquake areas, but the commercial id funny.

Katherine
Shopping SE Washington and Portland, OR, Gold Certified, SQM level 9 shopper
Go to Top of Page

MistyAnn
Valued Contributor

Mt. Sterling, Illinois
USA
237 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  10:26:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This one goes back a few yearsI believe it was a Pepsi commercial (or maybe Coke) but there was a little blonde haired boy playing in the grass with several golden retriever puppies. His laugh still makes me smile. The 'belly laugh' that little ones get when it sounds like it's coming from way down deep and is so pure. I love to laugh like that myself, but it's been awhile. Kids are so spontaneous and without reserve when they're that ageLove it

Misty
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SandyMcMahan
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
1760 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  12:34:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't even know what the commercial is for, lol, I'm laughing to hard when I see it to ever notice! But its the one where the guy is reading the newspaper and he smacks that bee thats bugging him and the bee hits the wall then the floor, then gets up and preceeds to knock the snot out of the guy who smacked him

Then the guys afraid of the bee!

I loved the cheese commercial where the kids are having a birthday party thats boring and the pinata goes flying and hits the electric line. lol. I think its the sound effects that really get me as the pinata is flying through the air

"Hug someone today, it will make them smile"
Go to Top of Page

Melanie_fromNC
Valued Contributor

NC
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2004 :  12:36:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You see a guy banging on a vending machine, obviously trying to get his purchase out, which is stuck. (How many of us have done that?) And then the camera shows the front of the vending machine and you see the little red M&M guy, his eyes are bugged out, and he has his foot wedged up against the glass and is hanging on to the spiral, metal "thingy" for dear life! I crack up everytime!

A man is checking into an apparently upscale hotel and being reassured by the front desk clerk that everything will be to his liking. The next scene is the guy lying in the bed, staring at the ceiling with this "I can't believe this is happening" look on his face because the "complimentary chocolate" on the pillow beside him is a very chatty red M&M guy (who takes up the entire pillow, with arms and legs dangling off) and keeps the guy awake going, "I can't sleep! Can I watch TV?" It's so-o-o-o cute!!

You see what is apparently a Lord of the Rings commercial with the fantastic New Zealand scenery and Gandolf's white horse rearing up and when the camera zooms in, the horse rider is the Verizon guy doing his: "Can you hear me now? Good!" That was definitly the best Verizon has come up with so far.
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  6:12:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Walmart commercial where the older man is talking to the gingerbread cookie man always makes me smile. The guy just sounds so sincere when he tells the cookie that he's as big as he feels.

Katrina
Part time shopper Rochester, NY
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  6:36:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I totally fall apart when I see the McDonald's commercial where the construction workers are having lunch and one guy asks the others what they're eating. They say "Chicken" and the guy says, "I didn't know there was a chicken place around here." And one of the guys says, "McDonald's," and the first guy goes, "They named the chicken place McDonald's?!" OMG, I'm laughing as I type this!

I'll also confess to adoring the commercial for the decongestant where the French or Italian bee is romancing the flower. After taking the medicine (I've no idea what the product is), he comes back and says, "I return to you a changed bee!" LOL, who ever thought a bee could be romantic, but I just adore him.

One of my favorite commercials of yesteryear was one for GE ("We bring good things to light") shown at Christmastime. It had two little sisters dancing, sort of spinning in their own circles, and at one point they bump into one another but it doesn't stop their individual dances. It was just a very sweet scene, and it reminded me a lot of two friends of mine who were sisters and very close to each other.
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  08:21:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the commercial where, I think, this couple is going on vacation and this elderly man--presumably someone's father--runs out of the house screaming, "Don't leave us with the baby! Don't leave us with the BABY!!" I think it's for insurance or something. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

SmileyBecca
Star Contributor

Struthers, OH
USA
289 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  9:19:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There was a commercial years ago, when I lived in Denver. I think it was for a bank or some other form of investment for the future. This little boy keeps drumming on things around the house and his mother says, "Sal, PLEASE!" Then he's drumming at school and the teacher says, "Sal, PLEASE!" After a few of these, they show Sal all grown up and he's the drummer in a successful rock band and the girls in the audience are all screaming, "SAL, PLEASE!"

The other is more recent and I just love these. They're the identity theft commercials for CitiBank. Do they show these nationwide? There are several of them and they show people who have been victims of identity theft speaking with the voices of those who stole their credit cards. My favorite is the elderly woman cleaning her pool and she's talking like a truck driver about how she bought "some of them mud flaps with the naked ladies on them. Grrrrr, Mama-Cita!" Then she laughs this wicked laugh. It's so comical.

Smiles,
Becca
MSPA SILVER CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

Heather86
Star Contributor

Bourbonnais (S. of Chicago), IL
USA
2015 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2005 :  04:30:08 AM  Visit Heather86's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like the citi bank one of he man who jumps on the scale, then gets all ready to work out, runs around the gym once, then hops back on the scale and is disapointed that he still weighs the same.

That is so me. If I exercise, or eat healthy for a day, I want those pounds to drop. My scale even measures .10 of punds so I see even a little change.
Go to Top of Page

SharronH
Apprentice

Houston, TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  11:34:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the new Starburst Commercial.....very funny. The girls expressions are great (cute too) and the boy is very convincing. This commercial is getting a lot of good press. Love the Lionel Richie song......the bust is priceless!!

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  8:42:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really enjoy the AARP commercial where a man decides to clone himself so that he can be of more help to the community. I particularly like the part where he walks into his bedroom and wakes his wife with a flower. She then freaks out since he is standing on one side of the bed and sleeping on the other. It cracks me up every time.

Katrina
Part time shopper Rochester, NY
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

MariaA
Valued Contributor

Bowling Green, KY
USA
214 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  10:07:52 AM  Send MariaA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the Sonic guys -- they crack me up every time.

And the new Dairy Queen girl with all the electros hooked up to her I think the commercial is for the new moo-latte?! Not sure. I'm laughing way too much.

The Mad TV\Sierra Mist commercials.

I think its Citi Bank too (Expect faster rewards) with the fast forwarding through the ladies recorded will to get to what she left him and the lady behind him wacks him in the head....LOL!!
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  04:18:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My new favorite is for some "International" creamer something or the other. It features people who wake up with such a grumpy attitude that they don't want anything happy or good around them, like the lady who throws the button in the trash and the guy who knocks down the office files as he passes. My favorite is the woman who hoses the paper boy as he bicycles by.

I've had mornings - and entire days - like that!

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  7:36:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like the new McDonald's commercial where the office guy falls asleep at his desk and his rival writes "Weasel" across his forehead just before they go into a meeting with the boss.

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  9:25:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Judy in VA

I like the new McDonald's commercial where the office guy falls asleep at his desk and his rival writes "Weasel" across his forehead just before they go into a meeting with the boss.

...and then the Weasel guy goes in and blatantly lies about how he was just landing some major accounts before he was called in. That's the best part.

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

SelenePN
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
942 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  09:38:11 AM  Send SelenePN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are many TV commercials I love, but the one that comes to my mind to post here is a commercial for the football season. I don't really know much about football (not interested in it at all), so I will have to try my best to describe it with the right words.

It started with Jon Bon Jovi opened his door in his humongous mansion. The person at the door appeared to be a football coach. Behind the coach was the entire football team. The coach said to Jon, "Care for a match?" And Jon accepted the challenge. He called out his own team, and both teams faced each other inside Jon's mansion. The game started, the ball flew every where, the guys bumped into each other, the home decorations got knocked off, the wall was run into and broken, the coffee table was smashed.... The coach asked Jon (something like this), "What will your wife say?" Jon looked around at all the mess in the house, and said (something like this), "Oh, she'll get over it."

Unfortunately I can't remember the exact words... I have only seen it once at the beginning of the football season I think. I really would love to see it again but that was a special airing. I don't care for football but I LOVE Jon Bon Jovi (especially after he's all cleaned-up-looking now).

Thanks,
Selene
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums