Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  2:11:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just saw a cute commercial for T-Mobile. It's a guy being held captive by someone who tortures him by using up his cell phone minutes. The final straw is when the captor calls the DMV. I can feel the captive's pain. When I'm running low on minutes, every call I get is torture!

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

VickieM
Valued Contributor

Crane, TX
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  2:12:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the commerical for A-1 Steak sauce where the lady is sitting with a gentleman, telling him she doesn't even know him, then telling him to say something, the telling him to stop eating! So the guy gets up and leaves then her actual husband sits down and looks at her and asks if she ate his steak? You think the first guy is her husband and is typical of a wife being angry then he leave and the real husband shows up. It is funny

Vickie
MSPA Silver Certified wpdtls
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  3:00:42 PM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
For style, I love the Target commercials with all the bright colors and matching/contrasting images. It's hard to describe, but they are just visually very interesting.

For humor I love that AARP one someone mentioned ("You guys brothers?" "No, clones!")

There is one commercial seemingly no one but me remembers, it was shown in the NY area in the 90s and was a commercial for Smith & Wollensky steakhouse. It showed a string of little old men in waiter jackets, reading lines from famous movies... but they were reading them in little-old-man voices, with no inflection... like a little guy with glasses quietly saying "Hey, Stella!" and another little guy saying, "You talking to me?" in a very UN-threatening voice. (Hmmm, as I write it, it doesn't sound that funny, but just watching these guys was hysterical). Anyway, the tagline was something about their waiters being waiters (ie, not actors, like many NY waiters) and their steaks being really good...

Anyone remember this? Anyone? Bueller?
I don't know... I think I need a nap.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  5:49:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a new favorite. It is the Kibbles and Bits commercial where the dog is dancing on his hind legs because he is getting his food. That dog is working it!

Katrina
Part time shopper Rochester, NY
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

CarraSFL

Weston, FL
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  5:02:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Back when David Robinson first started in the NBA, he did a commercial, I can't remember who it was for, but after either showing some clips or stats or something, he says, "Can you say 'Contract renegotiations?' Mr. Robinson can!" As a sports fan, I loved that!

Carra
Shopping Broward County, FL
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SarahH
Star Contributor

MI
USA
313 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  08:14:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I believe it is a kellogs cereal commercial, but I am not positive. The kids- a boy and a girl come into the living room and the boy says "I fed Muffin" then the girl comes in and says "I fed Muffin" and then the mom comes into the living room and says "everybody ready? I fed Muffin!", THEN, the dad comes in and says "lets go! I fed Muffin!" The next thing you see is this ENORMOUS dog waddle up to say goodbye! It gets me everytime! It is hilarious!!!
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  08:34:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw a T-Mobile commercial that I liked but it was different than the one that AdAora mentioned. A woman is looking at her cell phone bill and realizes that the extra charges were run up by her child. She yells the kid's full name , first, middle and last (you know the way mom did when you were really in trouble). Then they switch to several different people in different countries each holding a cell bill and calling their kid by their full name.

Katrina
Part time shopper Rochester, NY
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

KAnderson

MN
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  09:42:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the one for the car company where the children are in the control room with an employee doing the crash test. They run out of cars and the louder kid asks if they can crash the employee's car. It makes my husband and I laugh every time.

Kristin

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

.Dawn DE
Inactive

DE
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  11:52:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love that Toyota commercial too, Kristin. What really makes me giggle is when one of the kids says "Now do the brown one". The guy responds "It's Desert Sand Mica", and the kid says "Whatever, just crash it". My husband used to sell cars (Toyotas, actually) and we always laughed at the ridiculous names they gave the colors. I have seen that commercial dozens of times, and it still makes me smile.

Dawn
Go to Top of Page

ShowAngie
Valued Contributor

Greer, SC
USA
164 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  8:23:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have two favorites from the past year or so:
* The dairy queen commercial where the fumble-talking guy is thinking back to when he got his tongue stuck in the beaters while licking them, and the mixer turn on. I almost can't watch that one without crying...
* The car commercial where the customer sees two new people coming toward the car he wants, so he licks it.
Go to Top of Page

JTaylor1483

SC
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  9:18:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the commercial for I think Frontline or Advantage for dogs. It has the little puppy that has gone off to camp and he is writing back singing about how he appreciates them getting him the advantage. I sing along with the puppy! I just love it!

My husband really loves the Chevrolet commercials with the trunk monkey. The thief tries to steal the car, and this monkey comes out of the trunk and through the back seat. He has a wrench in his hand and looks at the thief and then knocks him over the head. The next scene the monkey throws the guy over the bridge. My husband dies laughing! :-)

Jennifer
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MechelleNga
Valued Contributor

GA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  02:41:24 AM  Visit MechelleNga's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know this is an old one. But my classic of all time, is the Wendy's "Where's the Beef" lady.

Remember when she was driving the car, with the two older ladies in the back. Each time she swerved the car, they went from side to side.

Mechelle
Go to Top of Page

.CTiefel
Inactive

Toledo, Ohio
USA
139 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  1:06:46 PM  Visit .CTiefel's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think the most recent winner would have to be the new Earthlink commercial. They are advertising their spam and spyware blockers. People are talking and walking into a building, when this guy satrts coming up offering free things or limited time offers, and then he runs smack into the door. I laugh every time.
Go to Top of Page

Twila
Star Contributor

TX
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  07:33:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My very favorite one is the Oreo commercial with the little boy and the sippy cup. Big brother is dipping his Oreos in milk and he can"t get his in the sippy cup, But then he turns the cup over and dribbles milk on it. It's when he goes "Ha Ha" that gets me.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  8:44:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You know, a long-term favorite of mine was a Pizza Hut commercial from many years ago. It ran several consecutive years during the weeks after Christmas.

A man is sitting at the dining room table with a Christmas tree in the background. As the meals progress, the tree becomes more sad, dropping needles and becoming scraggly. The guy also becomes more sad. The music in the commercial is to the tune of the 12 Days of Christmas, but the words are changed to, "On the first day after Christmas my true love served to me..." with several dishes, ending with Day 5: Flaming Turkey Wings.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

NikkisPennies
Contributor

New York, New York
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  06:55:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The one out right now where the puppy is at camp and his parents send him k9 advantix. And he is singing. He says "cant wait to show you all my new tricks!" aww.

~nikki~
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  3:03:04 PM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK, this is one that people probably either love or hate - but it cracks me up - the Wendy's "Ranch Tooth" commercial.

RA-AANCH!

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  4:57:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I laugh every time I see the one for Capital One Credit Card with the Vikings who have had to find new jobs now that so many people have switched to Capital One. The one on the airplane is sooo funny!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  8:50:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the Capital One credit card commercial with David Spade and the heavy young guy is being convinced by the woman(David Spade) to make exceptions for her so she can fly on the blackout dates. When the heavy guy says okay, David Spade blasts his ear with a horn and the calamity begins. That commercial cracks me up. I have replay TV and I keep repeating the commercial until my sides hurts.

Also the Office Depot commercial with the Rubber band man dispensing school supplies to the kids. I love to see him doing the hopscotch. Such fancy footwork.

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

CherylMASS
Valued Contributor

Massachusetts
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  07:21:59 AM  Send CherylMASS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Staples back to school one: background song "It's the most wonderful time of the year"; the father is riding a shopping cart through the store!

Cheryl
Central Mass, Providence,RI and Nashua, NH
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums