Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  08:08:55 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CherylMASS

Staples back to school one: background song "It's the most wonderful time of the year"; the father is riding a shopping cart through the store!
This describes exactly how I felt on Wednesday evening while my kids were bouncing off the walls. All I could think was, "THANK HEAVEN SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!!!!" Well, only one of them is school age, but it sure helps... by the end of summer, bedtimes were getting later and later and he was getting wackier and wackier!

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

JanetBurchfield

Vandalia, OH
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  1:53:52 PM  Visit JanetBurchfield's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the Capital One commercials! The big, dumb looking guy is a hoot!
Go to Top of Page

.CTiefel
Inactive

Toledo, Ohio
USA
139 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  08:56:00 AM  Visit .CTiefel's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
What about the back to school one that shows Alice Cooper, in full makeup, going school shopping with his daughter. He gets all into it and his daughter is like, "I thought you said school was out for good?" He reminds her, "No, it's scholls out for summer" Am i the only one that cracks up?
Go to Top of Page

GailGibbsYoung
Star Contributor

Salem, OR
USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  6:28:29 PM  Visit GailGibbsYoung's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
My new favorite commercial is the Healthy Choice commercial where the Dad is doing the housework and taking care of the kids.

I especially like the shot where he is cleaning the baby with the dust buster and the shot where he is cleaning the house with a leaf blower.

Both scenes make me

MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED dejlg4
Go to Top of Page

Andi
Star Contributor

FL
USA
740 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  6:37:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if the ad is for a credit card or an insurance company or whatever, but I LOVE the one with the home movie of the little boy in a Batman outfit flexing his muscles until his arms are about to fall off!!

Andi
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Central Eastern Florida
Go to Top of Page

HeatherLynn
Star Contributor

Lynn, MA
USA
1881 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  1:14:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i get teary eyed at the commercial, i think it is for an investment company, i don't even remember, but they play that song...everyday it's a getting closer, going faster than a roller coaster by james taylor. it's the daughter through all her stages,a baby,a kid, graduating, moving out, getting married, having her own baby. oh it just makes me all choked up...maybe because i just moved out...

does anybody else think the burger king guy is scary? i hate those commercials, if i ever woke up and he was in my bed, i found freak out!

does anyone remember that commercial where the guy quickly drinks the milk out of the carton and the wife is sitting there and then the guy starts throwing up in the sink and the wife says, oh yeah, the milks bad. hilarious.
Go to Top of Page

ShawnaL
Star Contributor

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  9:33:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I usually do not watch commercials, but I love the Tic Tac commercials where the girl is juggling the candy on her tongue to some cute music. Simple and fun.

Shawna
Go to Top of Page

HeatherLynn
Star Contributor

Lynn, MA
USA
1881 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  12:34:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the one i was referring to is actually fallon community health plan. there is also a version where a young man is starting a job and it goes through the different stages of the job until retirement.
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  6:02:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The new Capital One card where David Spade has a voo doo doll and has the young trainee doing all kinds of things. The best part is where the young trainee is standing in the aisle doing the Saturday Night Fever dance and spanking his behind.

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

DeborahH
Star Contributor

BC
Canada
804 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  09:00:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't ruin the suprise but coke came out with a new christmas commercial with the polar bears, Way to cute and adorable don't know if on tv yet, saw it at the theatre doing open checks
Go to Top of Page

Dawn Puskas
Star Contributor

Zephyrhills, Florida
USA
389 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  08:07:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My favorite right now is the one with Kelly Rippa for Tide. It's the
one where she is in a restaurant with her husband, and he has spilled
wine on his shirt. She takes out her Tide to Go pen, and starts singing
"Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Good-by" as she removes the
stain. Her husband asks if she always has to sing that song when she uses
her pen, and she nods yes.

I always end up with the song stuck in my head!

Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  7:29:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's a new cute one for Sears tools (I think) where the men are trying to fix things and singing a Christmas song with new words to it - and one guy knocks out the power in the house. Great commercial.

I hate the British gecko. Bugs me. But I love the Aflac duck. Always clever and creative ducky commercials. Gilbert Gottfried is a wonderful duck!

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Donnabella
Star Contributor

Peoria, AZ
USA
369 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  07:43:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for mentioning the AFLAC one Fran. My hubby works for them and we LOVE the duck!!

The other commercials I think are HILARIOUS are some of the beer commercials. I don't drink the stuff but occassionally sit down with hubby when he's watching FOX or ESPN. The one I remember from last night was one where some guys were playing football with a girl and they tackled her basically throwing her in the air (no females harmed in the making of this). They say a witty thing...can't remember what. Then at the end they guys are in the bar and the girl comes in and does the same exact tackle on the guy. It was either for Coors Light or Bud Light. Guess it wasn't very effective in name branding:0)

Donna
Shopping the Metropolitan Phoenix Area
Go to Top of Page

Misha
Star Contributor

NV
USA
827 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  4:15:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My favorite is Mountain Dew's "Be Nocturnal" (http://www.benocturnal.com) campaign.
Go to Top of Page

Chell
Star Contributor

GA
USA
814 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  04:38:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
love the geico-gecko

Chell
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  07:31:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another one that I love is the car commercial where the family has packed up their SUV for a camping trip. Then Dad drives the car directly to the empty lot across the street because gas is so expensive. That is as far as he can afford to go!! It's so true that it is sadly funny.

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KellyBear
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
1198 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  09:12:17 AM  Send KellyBear an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the Apple computer commercials. My favorite one is where they're talking about iPods and iTunes, and the Mac guy says that he's got all of iLife with every computer... and the PC guy says "I come bundled with some pretty cool "apps" myself..." The Mac guy says "Oh yeah, like what?" and the PC guy says "You know... clock... calculator..." I about fall on the floor every time I watch it!

You can see them all here: http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
Go to Top of Page

Sherri A Myers

Napoleon, Ohio
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  1:54:22 PM  Visit Sherri A Myers's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The two comercials I like right now is the GE where the elephant is dancing too singing in the rain. And for some reason Bridgestone has made wheels sexier with dancers. I like the new jello "jiggle" jingle but the comercial is not quite right.

I absolutely dispise these
Formula 9
Burger king where the stupid guy is running around the football field in that horrible costume

Sherri
Go to Top of Page

.CTiefel
Inactive

Toledo, Ohio
USA
139 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  2:15:02 PM  Visit .CTiefel's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the Burger King commercials with the 'The King'. I find him deliciously creepy.
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  7:43:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the elephant too - his steps are so similar to Gene Kelly's! And I totally loathe those awful and scary identity theft commercials. They creep me out. I am not crazy about hearing all the contraindications for all those meds they push on TV (bloating, liver damage, diarrhea, death, yikes - maybe it is better to have the diseae than to take the medicine!)

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums