Page: of 6

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  9:16:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh Fran
How could you not like the commercial when the black guy is imitating a young girl who stole his idenity. He is sitting on a bench and singing the Toni Braxton song "Unbreak my Heart". His movements and swaying alone cracks me up.

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  10:13:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No - they creep me out. I know this is effective advertising but I hate these commercials. Worse yet are the toenail fungus guys & the mucus guys - must be same ad agency. I just flip to another station if they are on. Yuck.

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

East Coast!
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  4:31:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm with you Marion!

I love the newest one with the two older ladies whose alter-egos just bought new motorcycles. I especially love the last lines, where one of them says, "It's especially nice, since they was free...shoot." Then the other lady says, "Yeah, shoot."
Well, it didn't translate to text as funny, but I laugh out loud every time I see it.

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page

Chell
Star Contributor

GA
USA
814 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  12:51:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh My Gosh, my husband and I love that one too!

Chell
Go to Top of Page

MysTerri

Westminster, CO
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  9:10:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a new commercial from Liberty Mutual (I think) where a guy picks up a dropped baby toy and hands it to him/her, is watched by another person, he in turn does a good deed for someone else and so on and so on. Wouldn't it be great if everyone was like that?

MSPA Silver Certified~~~eoel5z
Happily shopping the Denver, Westminster, Arvada, Thornton, Broomfield, and Longmont Colorado areas!
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  04:02:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since commercials are better than the shows these days, I have a new one I think is darling - it is for the Toyota (perhaps RMA4) where some young guys at the beach chide another guy that his cool car is a chick car. Sure enough, three "bikini babes" show up to join him in the car, and he smiles and says, "Maybe you're right!" Love it!

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Kelly130
Star Contributor

Tennessee
USA
1929 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  2:33:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the Geiko commercials, mate.

Kelly
Exchanges Rock! Let's Do Another
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  07:40:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the M&Ms commercial where they are on a slave ship and the two candies start singing 'Row Row Row Your Boat' and then 'Don't Rock the Boat Baby.' That is hilarious!

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  08:03:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know, I know. I love the commercials more than the reruns! Doncha love the one where the guy brags that he has a great home, terrific family, new car, all the best stuff, etc., and he is still smiling as he says he is in debt up to his eyeballs. It is so typical! It is for Lending Tree and it is a great commercial.

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  3:36:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen the new commercial for Stanley Steemer with the dog Toby? It's so funny.
Go to Top of Page

KathyinAl.
Trainee

Madison, Alabama
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  2:33:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the Windex commercial where the guy walks right into the glass doors. Then you see 2 black crows in a tree just cracking up. I've actually seen people do that many times at my past job. Not trying to be mean, but you just have to be there

MSPA Silver Certified mg9bgo North Alabama
Go to Top of Page

Dawn Puskas
Star Contributor

Zephyrhills, Florida
USA
389 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  2:39:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The commercials are a little on the crude side, but I like the ones where the people talk about "passing gas". They say how toxic, etc., it would be for everyone if they were to do it indoors. It's about smoking!
Go to Top of Page

KathyinAl.
Trainee

Madison, Alabama
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  2:58:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes Marie, the Stanley Steamer commercial is hilarious. I also like the Toyota Corolla one where the guy pretends he runs out of gas on a date. He thinks he pulls a fast one. The girl just can't stop laughing! What a nerd

MSPA Silver Certified mg9bgo North Alabama
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  3:39:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the commercials with the Nascar drivers...Tony Stewart, Jeff Burton, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Greg Biffle, Kasey Kahne and Mark Martin.
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  5:56:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like the (Cingular?) commercial series about the dropped calls. I really relate to the business employee joking with her boss about a promotion remark that he made. "Hey, there's a new sheriff in town!" she jokes, and then the call drops. Then she says meekly, "...well, I understand I would have to move my way up." Stuff like that has happened to me so many times it's not funny. And there's another one with a woman talking to her daughter who is in Vegas with her boyfriend, and the call drops after she warns her not to marry her boyfriend impulsively while in Vegas. And another when a woman tells her husband that she's pregnant. A person should really break that news in person. I hope this series sticks around.
Go to Top of Page

CindyEB

OH
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  08:23:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The BP commercials get my vote. The little tune is so catchy.
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  3:04:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a new favorite: this model just washed her hair with a Clairol shampoo and is prancing around happily, letting her hair bounce and showing off its new shine. Then she passes the shampoo bottle to this long-haired biker dude, who commences to use the shampoo and bounces around in the same manner as the model, enjoying his shiny, bouncy hair.

This commercial is too cute and always makes me smile.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  8:01:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen the commercial for the Baskin-Robbins Oreo sundaes? Mom, dad, and kid in kitchen. As the son pushes his peas around on his plate, the dad says, "If you don't finish your peas, we're not going to Baskin - Robbins for Oreo sundaes." Then, behind the dad's back, the mom grabs her sons plate and wolfs down the peas for him.
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  05:39:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it is cute in the shampoo commercial (brand? who pays attention???) when the girl is seeing a chiropractor because the shampoo made her hair so springy and bouncy that in competing with another girl who had springy, bouncy hair to "flip" their tresses around, she got whiplash!

I just go crazy (in real life) when celebs sit in an interview and play with their hair, flipping it from side to side. They look like such nervous fools. And the teens (& 20s) today see this and imitate such jerky behavior.

It would be so appropriate for them to get whiplash.

It is so funny!!

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KLynnD

Monroe, WA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  10:53:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the Clear Busy Easy digital pregnancy tests.... "The most advanced technology you'll ever pee on." It's great.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums