Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Pat A
Star Contributor

Gulf Breeze, Florida
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  1:24:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the Arby's where the monkeys do the Irish dancing and the people are to busy staring at their sandwiches to notice. It's priceless!

Happily shopping the Pensacola, Destin area and all of the beautiful Emerald Coast of Florida.
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Kelly130
Star Contributor

Tennessee
USA
1929 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  6:04:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am growing particularly found of the Mike Wallace's Geico commercial... I love that boy!

Kelly
Exchanges Rock! Let's Do Another
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  6:44:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Marie
I like that version too but my favorite is the one where the little Asian girl is crying and her grandfather asks what's wrong? She tell hime that Mom won't take them to Baskins-Robbins because she got a F on her math paper. Grandpa changes that F to an A and tells the child "Meet ya in the car." Priceless. Yeah for grandpa.

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

AnitaTNShopper
Star Contributor

Nashville, TN
USA
704 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  7:11:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the new commercial where the guys are tailgating. And one guy is painting the other's chest. The guy asked can he do it any faster, and he responds No. All over the parking lot, others are getting their bodies painted super fast. I just love this commercial. I can't think what the advertisment is for. Maybe high speed internet? It is funny.

MSPA Gold Certified 2006
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  7:47:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really like the Jeep Liberty commercial where the man driving the vehicle is singing " Rock Me Gently " and the animals in the vehicle
start singing with him.

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Terri_Indiana
Valued Contributor

IN
USA
215 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2007 :  5:20:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Manning commercial with Peyton and Eli when their dad is out in the backyard with "Matty" LOL! Really any with Peyton in it. I really like the ones from last year, I think it was Visa when he was in the coffee shop and the guy gets steam in his eyes, falls down, and Peyton tells him to "rub a little dirt on it" or They aren't saying "Boooo" they are saying "Mooovers" while the guys are moving furniture.
Go to Top of Page

RobertW
Trainee

Charlotte, NC
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  2:57:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Milwaukee's Best Light beer commercials are my favorites.
"The Dog" and "The Trampoline" are some of the best.
http://www.milbestlight.com/tv_spots.aspx

-Robert in NC
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  1:20:04 PM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My new favorite is the Kia Motors one where the car salesman does the "Flashdance" dance to the tune of "Maniac"... complete with him leaping over a car... and at the end, another sales rep dumps a bucket of water over his head... (My kids like this one and they don't even get the joke...)

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

VeronicaMesser

TX
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  2:16:35 PM  Send VeronicaMesser an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well me I'm in between places right now waiting to buy a house. I don't have a TV in My Room and I don't watch much TV on the TV in the living room. I am pretty much in my room. But I do watch TV shows News and ect on my computer. Some of the shows I watch are on www.abc.com, www.cbs.com, www.nbc.com & www.fox.com and they have a few commercials in them. I like the one they had were you could throw snow balls. They were at first Booorrring but now they are becoming more entertaining. Oh and I like the one for the Royal Cruise Line that you mouse over the huge water slide and it gives you a view like you are going down the slide. Pretty Cool.

-Veronica :0)
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MariahS
Star Contributor

IL
USA
507 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  9:03:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm with Corrie - I love the Kia Flashdance commercial. I also think the Starburst "Berries and Creme" commercial is hysterical. You can see it on youtube.

Mariah
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  7:20:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
from AnitaTNshopper:
quote:
Has anybody seen the Arbys commerical where the guy asks the cashier to explain the 5 for $5 deal. He then repeats the items into the phone, and then he closes the phone and says (seemingly) to the cashier "I love you".

This commercial kills me because #1 why can't he read the menu and see the 5 for $5 items for himself? #2 Does he really need to be in the line ready to order on a cell phone? #3 How does he expect the person on the other end to 'hear' him say "I love you" when he has clearly closed the phone. Sure it is a little off that the cashier would return his I love you... BUT he is clearly saying it to her.

I know that most people don't watch commericals anymore, but I still enjoy some commericals.

I love Arby's! We just got our second one here last month...Yeah! This one is on my side of town.

But, I haven't seen any commercials yet. I guess we are so small (just over 100,000) that word-of-mouth gets the job done for them. I know they are always crowded when I go there.
Go to Top of Page

LoriAnneA
Trainee

Huntington, WV
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  04:44:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
"I love" that Arbys commercial too.

I like the "alltel" phone commercial, with "Chad" and the kids at the amusement park , "Trying to save money, for cell phone bills"...

although, I'm getting quite tired of that cheesy "glade" woman tryin' to impress everyone with her "designer" scented home...

Something simple to look forward to.....freebies
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  06:38:13 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the rivalry between the Verizon FIOS guy and the Cable guy, especially the one where the Cable guy pushes all the elevator buttons at once...

Someone mentioned not liking the FreeCreditReport singers. I like those ads, but the service is more or less a scam (for actual FREE credit reports, no strings attached, go to http://www.annualcreditreport.com )

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  04:37:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really like the one with the despondent large sized dog and the loving caring best friend Jack Russell (I think) who wants to make his larger friend happy. He swipes a soccer ball from kids, & he brings all kinds of toys to try to get the pooch to get up and go. No luck. Finally, he digs up his very special hidden bone and brings it to his 'pal.' The friend is up and lively!

Don't ask what this is for. I only watch the dogs!! But it is priceless.

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  10:17:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marie In Chicago Posted - 05/30/2007
Has anyone seen the new commercial for Stanley Steemer with the dog Toby? It's so funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOtqw_IEGh0

It must be popular, this commercial still plays in the Chicago area.
Go to Top of Page

KellyNY
Star Contributor

Long Island, New York
USA
630 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  10:07:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's a Minute Maid commercial I absolutely love...a girl on an escalator says to a guy, "Excuse me I think you are the father of one of my kids" and he thinks for a second and says something like "oh...cancun, spring break 99..." and she's like "No!" and then the announcer cuts in and says "Oops, looks like somebody forgot to boost" and they flash to him drinking the juice and when the girl makes the comment this time he says, "Oh! My daughter is in your art class, Sister Mary Catherine!"

I'm not doing it justice, its so cute...here's a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOBdTP9ZB-I

Long Island, NY
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  11:08:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another doggy commercial that is first rate is the one with the shaggy dog who has a bone to hide. He thinks of various places but worries that a passing cat or a bulldog might want it and steal it. He goes to great lengths to hid it, even taking a bus and going to the bank to store it in a vault. Then he has nightmares about some animal stealing it. Finally he takes it out of the vault and goes home. The commercial is for the insurance company with the big red umbrella logo. It is priceless.

Oh and the one for Toby and Stanley Steamer is gross!

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2010 :  5:15:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
These Geico commercials are getting cuter.

New GEICO Commercial - Piggy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F_G2zp-opg

New GEICO Commercial with Woodchucks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjGwusHrOtk
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  04:19:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's funny that we often don't remember what the commercial is for.

There is a really cute one with a cartoon chicken and egg debating who's first. Don't know what it's for, though.

"Keith Stone" is entertaining in a stupid way, "Here hold my stones" cracked me up.
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

East Coast!
USA
883 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2011 :  12:16:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am really impressed with most of the Geico commercials. My text message alert is the "Hey you dang woodchucks, quit chucking my wood"

But my favorite commercial now is the Geico commercial with Foghorn Leghorn, where he is reciting War and Peace..."It was the best of times, it was I say it was the worst of times...."

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums