Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Teresa CO

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  09:35:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was a member with SS for about 6 weeks when I "caught on" that the service was not helping me. I chose to activate the reimbursement clause which was offered at sign-up.

Charles Tinsley initially responded to my request for cancellation and refund with a request to "give it a little more time" as they were adding new employers all the time. He gave me a figure of 550 employers who scan the sight for IC's. I thanked him for his response but still requested a refund. Charles graciously complied and I had the fee back on my visa with a few days.

Here is his contact info.
Charles Tinsley
Charles@ShadowShopper.Com
817-282-4818

This transaction took place about 3 1/2 weeks ago so I know the contact information was valid at that time.

MSPA Gold Certified
"It will work out." "It will? How?" "I don't know, it's a mystery."
Go to Top of Page

Lisa_SF
Valued Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  1:09:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shadow Shopper was filling up my inbox with jobs available in every state but my own. I had to email them and ask them to stop sending me job notifications. They did immediately. I only have the bronze membership which is worth about.....nothing, except that companies can view your data.

Lisa Krieger
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping The San Francisco Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  1:44:14 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, one of my messages from Friday did get to a person who replied. The message to 4guys.com which is the hosting company is the one they finally got.

Here is his answer in part:

quote:
Ray, we didn't get any emails from you on any of our ShadowShopper email accounts. My name is Dave Nienberg and I'm one of the new owners of ShadowShopper. Three of us earlier this month (on September 6th) bought the site from Charles Tinsley after working on the ShadowShopper site for about a year as his web developers, business and technical consultants (Charles is still a minority owner though). For the last 6 weeks we've been working day and night on redesigning the site, cleaning up the database and writing new content and advice articles to help out shoppers. We should have the new, and vastly improved, ShadowShopper site online next weekend. After that we've got some great ideas we're going to work on to continue to improve the site; and ultimately, the mystery shopping industry!

I'd love to speak with you. I know Charles speaks very highly of you. I had planned to try to get in touch with you, as a matter of fact, after the new site had launched.

You can contact me at dave.nienberg@shadowshopper.com

I look forward to speaking with you!

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Marti

AZ
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  7:26:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an e-mail from Shadow Shopper 2 days ago announcing a shopping opportunity in my area. When I went to the web site, it was the same old thing--I would have to upgrade to silver or gold to be able to read any information about the shop.

The return e-mail address is jobnotify@shadowshopper.com . I did not try to respond to this e-mail address, as I am no longer interested in this company.

I'm glad to hear the are improving their web site, but the one BIG improvement they really need to consider is to NOT charge a fee.
Go to Top of Page

NanaWilliams

Atlanta, GA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  03:53:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up as a shopper with Shadow Shopper with the hope that I would receive more jobs. I did get a couple but it did not warrant the $30 fee. When I received an email stating that my membership was ending, I neglected to call them and not renew it. I did not realize that they automatically would renew it. When I saw the $59 charge on my credit card I was floored. I did call them and asked them to credit my card because I was not renewing my membership. They were gracious enough to give me a refund. Please respond to any emails you receive from them. In the contract it states they will automatically renew your membership each year.
Go to Top of Page

CandaceAL

AL
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  03:19:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up for the free bronze membership and have only received one job notification in three months.

BUT ... I did get a phone call from a scheduler a few weeks ago who needed some urgent bank shops done. They paid a nice fee and bonus! She found my name from ShadowShopper!

I still refuse to pay for it, but it is possible to get jobs with the bronze membership!

~CANDACE~
Shopping Eastern Alabama!
Silver Certified #yrrbqq
Go to Top of Page

BeyondHelloTasha
Valued Contributor

Madison, WI
USA
189 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  11:07:28 AM  Visit BeyondHelloTasha's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Shoppers,

I just thought I would add my also! I have posted on Shadow Shopper before, but it was only after I had posted here and the MSPA site and it was posted on our own site.

So most shoppers that have posted here are correct, you usually can find the shops elsewhere first.

Tasha
Beyond Hello
Go to Top of Page

Angela Great Horton

Lockhart, TX
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  12:05:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's nice to know from a scheduler Tasha. Thanks.

AHorton
Silver Certified: krvehs
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  3:47:34 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to update everyone that I've talked to Dave Nienberg today and all the things promised for the new site are up and running. If you are a member you should stop by and check out the new layout and information.

Shadow Shopper

Schedulers: You can have posts here on Volition.com automatically go out to their database. If you want to be put on the list (or specifically do not want to be on the list) you can email him at Dave.Neinberg@ShadowShopper.com or call his cell at 1-713-409-4867.
Go to Top of Page

NancyFL
Contributor

FL
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  1:17:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received 10 generic listings titled "New job opportunity".

I can't believe they're charging $10 per month, which totals $120 per year...just to get notification of available jobs. The $10 monthly fee supposedly includes cruise line job availability, but at $120 per year---that's a good size deposit towards your own cruise.

I do know that I just received one of these same emails yesterday referring to a specific named cruise line in our city. We do not even have cruise lines in our city. It named the cruise line, and it definitely is not here. Of course, the generic emails don't include the MS company name. The email listed our city and the cruise line name.

I already new about the 10 bank shops that were available (and referred to in the email.) With over 3 years MS experience, it's easy to know exactly who the MS company is. In this case, I had already received actual job offers for the same 10 banks plus more, in my email earlier this week.

I just can't believe shoppers would be willing to pay $120 per year to see postings, that would most likely be posted on Volition also.

5 yrs Mystery Shopping
East/Central Florida
*Silver Certified*
Go to Top of Page

LoriJennings
Star Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  2:15:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have received one job notification from Shadow Shopper since I joined. (bronze) It was actually a job to shop a cruise line. (Probably the same one Nancy was referring too.) Go figure. It's extremely hard for me to believe that a job like that would even be advertised to the general MS public. Not to accuse anyone of anything, but just seeing that cruise line advert. really set off alarm bells. I really hope that the jobs they are advertising are truly available jobs and not just enticements to make $ for themselves. I've seen enough of those kind of people come and go in my 3 years of mystery shopping.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl NC
Valued Contributor

Fairview, NC
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  07:47:49 AM  Send Cheryl NC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just yesterday I received a job notification (the half filled out freebie announcement) from SS. I usually delete these with hardly a care because I already know about the shops anyway. This time was different... the word "Cruise" caught my eye.... and then my town, Fairview, NC. I was a little shocked I have lived here for 7 years and have never noticed a port of any kind! I think one would really stick out since I live in a small MOUNTAIN town. Lake Lure is the only body of water near here and the limit is a 14'fishing boat. This would be an interesting job... touring around a small lake in a cruise ship.... but I wasnt interested enough to fork out the $$$ to find out more I think the "Cruise" jobs on this site are just to lure shoppers into purchasing their membership....since that does happen to be everyones dream shop!

MSPA Gold Certified
Merchandising in the Beautiful Mountains of Western North Carolina!
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
662 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  08:45:25 AM  Visit Dee in AZ's Homepage  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
That Cruise line must be really big because I got one for Tucson Arizona too! Imagine that here in the desert.

Dee
Ardent Services
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  11:05:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are even in Saskatchewan as well. Man the ships are getting bigger and bigger. We dont even have a lake except our little manmade one that is now being emptied to deepen. ahhh now I see it, its for the cruise ships. Anyone know if 26 feet will be deep enough??

Dan

Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

NancyFL
Contributor

FL
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  2:47:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is so funny! I guess they're just sending these "Cruise" postings out to everyone who has the free membership, in hopes that you'll spend $120 per year to get the detailed info regarding the cruise shops (in Arizona, Central Florida, and North Carolina)

The postings include Cruise and then the city,state that the shopper lives in.

It'd be interesting to hear from the Gold shoppers at this company, who've actually paid the $10 per month for the detailed info. Have you actually signed up and completed one of these "cruise" assignments??? The posting I received actually included the name of a well known cruise line.

5 yrs Mystery Shopping
East/Central Florida
*Silver Certified*
Go to Top of Page

DarleneFL
Star Contributor

Tampa Bay Area, FL
USA
343 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  1:24:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have read at least two posts on other MS message boards/groups/lists by shoppers stating that they have Lifetime/Gold Shadow Shopper memberships and that they did not receive any notifications about available cruise line assignments. This makes me suspicious about the validity of the notification and makes it appear that rather than there being such jobs available, this may be a marketing ploy to get bronze members to upgrade their memberships. [susp Gee, I hope that is not true ...
Go to Top of Page

PhyllisM
Valued Contributor

Las Vegas, NV
USA
119 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  5:35:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always post jobs for Chas Levy on Volition, but Shadow Shoppers used a method ( called a spider ) to take the posting from Volition and put it on Shadow Shoppers. I do not find this to be ethical from any viewpoint. And , the best part is that Shadow Shoppers is sending old postings to their clients ( paying or otherwise ).

Phyllis Monkiewicz District Supervisor/Las Vegas
Source Interlink
Go to Top of Page

Carosell
Star Contributor

Virginia
USA
286 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  8:04:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I’m wondering if when you indicate you no longer want to receive their ‘hot’ leads (always cold in my book) if they indeed will stop filling up my mailbox. I just received 4 tonight…….it’s getting to be annoying… and yes, I got the one about the cruise too and I live in a valley!!!!!!!!
MSPA Silver Certified

Cholle
MSPA Gold certified
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
662 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  9:30:25 PM  Visit Dee in AZ's Homepage  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I question why a reputable site such as Volition has any association with Shadow Shopper?

Dee
Ardent Services
Go to Top of Page

Paula Kutka
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1671 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  12:26:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was curious on these cruise shops so I contacted Carnival Cruise Lines to see if they use mystery shoppers. The answer was, "We do not have mystery shoppers on our cruise ships." Just an FYI for everyone. Maybe since everyone wants to go on a cruise so badly, we should have a mystery shoppers meeting on a cruise ship....LOL Cya, Paula
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums