Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  12:00:55 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
While I agree with all of the previous posters, I have a couple of ideas that have worked extremely well for me. I like to go to www.indeed.com and do a search of "all jobs" in my city/state. You will find EVERY position available. Indeed collects their material from ALL the sites, and posts them here. (Many of the sites we aren't aware even exist.) When you read an ad, you also have the opportunity to apply for it, right then. I might add, when you read the ads pay attention to the job posting dates also. Sometimes you may clock on a position and it may not be available any longer. There are sometimes upward of 40-70 pages of job openings in various fields of work, but, you'll also find jobs specific to your area and field, in one stop. Another thing I do, is to do a search for employment in my states' website. Each state has their own site, which lists work available. This has worked for me very well also. Both sites give you all the information needed regarding experience needed, description of work, and contact info, and a good many post the hourly pay.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  2:01:59 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I want to clarify a statement I made regarding the mentioned sites. In apprenitisis, I made the comment "sites we arent even aware of", I should have stated, many that " I didnt know exist." I cant give anyone names of the jobsites off the top of my head. They were sites listed with some job postings. I would share any information I had with you, if I had any. I apologize for any confussion.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  10:37:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Also regarding checking out craigslist be sure to look under retail work. If you put in just merchandiser sometimes it will not bring up all the jobs. I know i tried. A number of the jobs i now have were under the retail work subheading and not merchandiser. After i found a job on craigslist i would go here to Volition, see what everyone thought of the company and then also check NARMS. Just a thought to help. Hope it goes well in finding a job!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Shelly C
Trainee

SC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  11:24:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's another one Tara, it's called Start Merchandising.

I like it because they only list merchandising jobs that pay at least $12 per hour. And, they also have contests and a blog.

They're pretty new. I signed up from an email I got from them back in November, and they sent me a lanyard with a litte sharpie.

Shelly C
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  6:22:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shelly,
How do I get to the job listings that you mentioned in your last post? I checked out the site and couldn't seem to find a listing. TIA

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  9:37:40 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shelly ... I signed up. The qualifying questions are so limiting.
Then when searching, they had nothing in either state that I service.
Very fustrating

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Angela Harrington

mid-michigan, MI
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  11:40:31 AM  Visit Angela Harrington's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Signed up but not a single job in Michigan. What type of merchandise? You'd think you could select more than 1.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  3:49:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Go to stores in your area, find vendors, and ask them if they are hiring.

Actually, I don't really recommend this at all as people in this line of work are very scared they are going to lose their jobs or get their hours cut from one day to the next. You will most likely get nowhere with this method. But, then again, there is a small chance you might.

Ultimately, your absolute best bet is to look into another line of work. The only thing lower than a merchandiser is a retailer store employee. That's pretty bad. LOL. But at least store employees get 15 cent raises every year. Most merchandisers get nothing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums