Page: of 13

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  2:58:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SandiA -

You didn't say when you sent the emails. My experience is that those at Mintel work from 9 - 5 on weekdays. So if you emailed them over the weekend or late on Friday, they will see it when they arrive on Monday morning (in Chicago). If you emailed reasonably early last week, then I suggest calling them on the phone.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  3:07:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have used the email on the assignment page. I think they take up to 48 hours to respond. They are great, pay super fast!

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  7:50:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, everyone! I finally did get a response, but only one question was answered. I'm nervous because it's hard to believe that such a simple assignment can pay so well! I feel like I'm missing a big section of instructions, but I can't find anything else that I need to do. Can this really be?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
351 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  8:06:25 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
In attempting to submit an application with this MSC, it's my understanding one MUST have a cell phone number. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Debbo
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  05:25:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Engleman

In attempting to submit an application with this MSC, it's my understanding one MUST have a cell phone number. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Bob,
Why don't you give Gelson Rodriguez a call? He is a scheduler there, and is most helpful: (312) 932 0400.

Debra
MSPA Shopper of the Year 2009
Video shopping in the Carolinas and throughout the US
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
351 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  07:55:04 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestion Deb.

We chatted on the phone at least 1 1/2 yrs. ago about video shopping. I entered the field using a PV-500 and love it; unfortunately for me, there isn't much business coming my way. Do you have any thoughts you'd be so kind to share?

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  11:01:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bob,
Deb and others have shared a ton of thought on video shopping on the threads that you will find if you do a search on "video". Enjoy.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Debbo
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  06:26:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bob,
I no longer have your telephone number. Send me a private message, and I would be delighted to give you a ring next week.
Debra

Debra
MSPA Shopper of the Year 2009
Video shopping in the Carolinas and throughout the US
Go to Top of Page

Roger42
Star Contributor

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  2:06:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still wondering what happened to the shipping shops. Anyone have any insight?

Roger
Gold Certified - 15 Years Experience
Specializing In Audits
Covering Mid Atlantic and Northeast
Go to Top of Page

Vonni
Valued Contributor

NC
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  5:19:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roger42

I did a shipping shop for them about 2 weeks ago. It was a little different than ones I've done in the past. I have only done a few shops for Mintel, but I really enjoy working for them. I have gotten immediate responses on any questions. The fees are better than most for the work they require. Unlike many other MSCs, their fees seem to be holding steady.

Yvonne
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SusanWilliams
Contributor

Yorba Linda, CA
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  2:50:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great company to work for if you have the chance and the schedulers are the best in the industry.

Susan
Silver Certified. Shopping Orange County, CA.
Go to Top of Page

CindyLou Shops the South
Contributor

South Carolina
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  2:25:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was entering an application and it looks like they are an overseas company? It would not accept my telephone number. Anyone else have this experience? Thanks

CindyLou
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  3:03:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cindy, they are a British company. You want to enter your phone number as +001-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  3:55:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have an office in the US. I talked to someone in the midwest - I think Chicago.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

CindyLou Shops the South
Contributor

South Carolina
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  7:49:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I was wondering why the number I entered didn't work, I left off one of the numbers in the country code.

CindyLou
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  10:54:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one for them a few weeks ago, and payment was prompt. I wish they had more shops in my area.

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  7:03:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there a secret to getting emails when shops are posted? I used to get them but not in the past two years, although I have missed some good opportunities. All my setting are correct and I emailed to ask but no response. Does anyone know? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

TraveLiz
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  08:25:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think they send emails unless they are having trouble getting a shop filled- that is how I got some GREAT billboard shops last fall. I made a small fortune on those. That is the first time I had ever worked for them. Since then I have just checked their site regularly.

Liz
Go to Top of Page

Heather C.
Valued Contributor

Montreal
Canada
196 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  3:09:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roger42

Are you talking about the ones where you buy new products and ship it to the London office every two weeks? Because I've been doing that for Mintel for the last two months.

By the way, are any of you guys product buyers for Mintel too?

Heather
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  10:00:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I came across a shop that Mintel is offering near me, that I would like to apply for, however since I do not have an account with them, I followed the directions in the shop posting, and went to their website to try to create an account and submit an application. However, since Mintel looks to be an English company located in England, I can not get their system to accept my USA telephone numbers, and it seems that their system only acknowledges European telephone numbers.

Has any U.S. resident had trouble creating an account and submitting their application to them and had trouble entering their US telephone number(s)?

Yet seeing that there is no really recent activity on this company in Volition, I now am wondering how this company pays and how soon they pay, since it appears they are located in England. Do they mail you your checks from overseas to you?

David King
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums