Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  10:28:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As far as I know this company is located in Chicago and pays very quickly (7-10 days usually). I would recommend calling them in the AM and asking for help. I did some shipping shops for them last year and ran into a bit of a snag while on-site. They were very reachable by phone and we resolved the issue promptly. They also respond quickly to e-mails. I haven't tried that particular shop but have had little to no trouble with other shops. Send an e-mail now and follow up with a telephone call and it will all be worked out quickly. Oh, and the pay is by direct deposit and they are one of the higher paying companies for the work required and they tend to do more unique shops.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  10:48:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love this company and they are located in Chicago. They pay very well; the last shop I did was on 8/17 and I was paid on 9/1.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  12:02:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The US branch is headquartered in Chicago. All assignments come from that office. I have always been paid promptly via direct deposit into my bank account. This will take you directly to the application on the US web site: https://shopper.mintel.com/user_apply.php

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  05:13:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I suspect there's a great reason for Volition maintaining all posts in a topic indefinitely... as a tool to look back on past conversations for answers to questions newer members may have.

Where this company is located and how to properly enter your phone number was a mere 7 posts above your question. The time it takes to post a new question is most often better spent reading back on the topic. FYI.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  10:18:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Everyone for your help and feedback on this company, I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so very much JeffInIL, you are just brilliant. I overlooked the post that was 7 posts before mine. MAJOR EMBARRASSED FROWN!!! My apologies to the forum for my blunder.

Thanks again Everyone for your time and help :- )

David King
Go to Top of Page

Vincent442
Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2011 :  10:56:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great company to work for-Fair,easy straightforward if only all MSC's were this way (Hint hint MFI)

Vincent
MSPA Gold
Shopping since 2001
Shopping from Kern County to the Mexican border."from the desert to the sea and all of Southern California".
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  05:47:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Almost seven years after I started this thread, I am thrilled to say that Mintel continues to be a fantastic company to work for! I love, love, love them!!!

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

Heather C.
Valued Contributor

Montreal
Canada
196 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  07:18:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I started working for Mintel last summer but not as a mystery shopper. I work for their London office as a new product buyer and so far it's one of my favorite companies to work for. I buy new products coming out on the market in my city, ship them to Mintel, and they pay me every two weeks. The pay is fair. I know I've asked this before, but are any of you out there also a product buyer for Mintel? If so, I would love to network with you and maybe start up our own group.

Heather
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  08:34:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not a product buyer, but interested in becoming one. Is there someway to apply for it, like we do to shop for them?

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  08:38:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not a product buyer, but interested in becoming one. Is there someway to apply for it, like we do to shop for them?

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

Heather C.
Valued Contributor

Montreal
Canada
196 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  12:25:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
JenGA,

I didn't apply for the new product shopper position. Mintel found my name in their database (I applied as a mystery shopper years ago) and contacted me last summer and offered me the position because they needed Canadian shoppers.

I don't think they have any openings in your area but I sent you an email with all the info about the position.

Heather
Go to Top of Page

Payne

Carmel, IN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  1:17:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Best company ever--Love love..
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1852 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  4:13:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
AdAdora, ITA. Sorry that the secret is out , but happy that they are remaining successful. They are definitely in the top three ever.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
917 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  8:13:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Holy smokes! I did a shop for them on Monday evening, and both the reimbursement and the shop fee were deposited in my bank account on Wednesday. Not PayPal, but actually transmitted to and processed by the bank, less than 48 hours later. I really wish they had more shops around here!

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Ed W
Contributor

Petaluma, California
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  12:33:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mintel...they get it. Great to work for. Kind of a novel idea: I wonder what would happen if we treated our IC's fair and square?
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1852 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  2:07:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It does make me wonder, Ed. How can *this* company pay consistently good fees, hire and keep intelligent schedulers who know what they're doing, and treat their shoppers like professionals? I'm not understanding why every company doesn't run like this [kudos to those others that do]. If they can, I'm not really buying excuses from others who claim they can't.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

EllenNC
Star Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
498 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  3:30:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ain't that the truth?

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  07:52:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always seem to miss their jobs-when do they usually post for the month?
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  08:45:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen the billboard shops in a while. I enjoyed the one I did. Now that I have it down I was really looking forward to another one. Do they still do them? How often and when?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Robin75

NE
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  08:59:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love Mintel, as well! Wonderful company to work with! I have not seen the billboard assignments in a very long time, here either. I really enjoyed doing them.

Robin :)
Happily Shopping Nebraska, the Midwest and beyond....
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums