Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

JBuntin

Pleasant Hill, Missouri
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  8:29:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
same here. If you try to go through their home page it is VERY frustrating and almost impossible to navigate to the login screen.

Johnna
Go to Top of Page

Beth in TheWineCountry
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  06:19:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm still unable to log in. I've had at least one other person pm me and tell me the same thing. :(

Beth

Gold Certified shopper happily evaluating
the North SF bay area
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  1:57:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
By the time I got an email back asking for a copy of the "error message" I was getting when I tried to log on, I was able to log on. They told me they had been having problems. So, I guess try again.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

LadyMiller

Newark, OH
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  07:52:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I just checked into Mintel's site for available jobs, my zip code brought up shops in other states! Something is sure messed up!

Silver certified in Ohio
Go to Top of Page

JenNova
Contributor

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  8:52:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love this company. Their forms are easy and straight forward with many pull down menus. Their time frame and pay is more than fair.
Go to Top of Page

SJAmos
Contributor

Columbia, SC
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  10:42:11 PM  Send SJAmos an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was registered with them a couple of years ago. I quit MSing for a while. I would like to get back in with them. To make a long story short, I need to e-mail or call because they say they have no record of my e-mail address, and when I try to re-apply using that address, they say someone else is already using that address - ME! Can someone help?

Sallie
Silver Certified in SC
Go to Top of Page

Debbo
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  06:01:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's the main switchboard number for their Chicago office:
312 932 0400

Debra
MSPA Shopper of the Year 2009
Video shopping in the Carolinas and throughout the US
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  10:40:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is Mintel's payment schedule? How often do they pay, and I'm guessing from the earlier response they still pay by check?

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  2:00:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They pay pretty quick, and yes, it is still by check. Most times the date on the check is within 2 weeks (usually less) of the date the assignment is performed. I had one only once that was 24 days, but I think it was my own fault for not completing the "submit invoice" procedure online after inputting my report. They didn't notify me though, I discovered the problem on my own and fixed it (after realizing my payment seemed to be taking a long time), then the check arrived promptly.

I also had to have them reissue a check after the USPS severly mangled mine. It arrived with a portion missing in a "we are very sorry" envelope. I called Mintel and they immediately voided that one and reissued a new one the same day.

Gold Certified in Central Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  1:46:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Lynn! The invoice thing messed me up at first, then after a few days, I realized I should probably just go ahead and submit a $0.00 invoice. Viola!

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

ShanaS

New York, NY
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  02:49:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep, they are very quick and reliable. Also, when you login to your account after you've completed a shop, there's a column that says "payment processed on x/y/z date." I've found that to be a legitimate date, and usually receive payment (via US mail) within a week or so of that date.

The invoice thing is a little odd--I emailed one of the schedulers about it when I first encountered it. Of course, I checked the FAQs on the site after I sent the email, and the answer for what to enter on the invoice is in there. Duh.

I've posted my praise for Mintel before, but I think they really are great. I've always had great communication with the schedulers, and one was very kind to me when I needed a little extra time. I liked that there was a shipping shop near the holidays where, if you wanted, you could send along some toiletry/care items in your box for them to distribute to local shelters--that was really nice.

Honestly, if I could do shops for them all day I would. Of course, my full-time job may have something to say about that...
Go to Top of Page

Edwina

Owings Mills, MD
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  4:25:58 PM  Send Edwina an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed 4 bank shops for Mintel over the course of two weeks. They have the fastest payments of any company I have ever worked for. They processed my payments within one week of when I posted my reports. I love this company and I will sign up for as many shops as possible with them.

Edwina
Silver Certified
Happily Shopping in Maryland
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  09:33:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another question: When you are tracking your payments, do they move on to a "Processed" date after an "Approved" date?

I've got this: "Payment was approved on Feb 21 2008 08:09:11 PM and will be processed shortly" and then another approval date for the 27th for shops done after the first batch. Will it move on to showing a "Processed" date, or should I just start waiting for my check?

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  10:33:20 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
For each shop that has had a check sent, it will show, Processed: $X.XX on 2/29/2008. I just received my check yesterday for this shop, so takes me close to a week once I see processed..

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

Jen in Raleigh

Raleigh, NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  3:24:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had difficulty logging into their site as well. Here is my "fix"--perhaps it will help someone else, as well.

Each time I tried to log on I received a notice that said my username and password combination did not match a registered user. I knew the combo was correct because I only use a few variations as I am too dumb to remember any more than 2 or 3.

I went again to the site, but this time I attempted to re-register as a new shopper as this often forces a password reset or a password forward from the site.

Even better, in this case I received a direct link to "automatically" log in and now it knows who I am.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  10:47:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My shops are all approved, but still not processed. I've got a batch from the 21st and a batch from the 27th.

EDIT: Everything was processed yesterday! This is the sound of me breathing a HUGE sigh of relief - I did a lot of shops for them!

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

WenR

Eureka, CA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  8:51:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done 5 shops for this company, and they all went great. I was excited to find them, but as of the beginning of April, I see no jobs on the job board. When I search for jobs in the whole state, I see a few...but it seems strange that all the other jobs disappeared.
I never know when it is ok to contact a scheduler to ask questions like this, so I thought I'd check here first. What do you think? Are they just not offering any shops right now, or are they not offering shops to me?
Thanks in advance...
Wendy

Wen
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  08:03:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't see any shops either right now.

Back in February, Gelson called me to ask if I would take some bank shops. We talked for a few minutes, and he mentioned that in the future there would be more shops. So hopefully that will happen soon.

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

Laurie
Valued Contributor

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
USA
108 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  12:28:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to do a number of other shops for them that don't appear to be available this year. I don't have an account with this bank and I really miss the other shops. Mintel is one of my favorite companies to work for.

MSPA Gold Certified yxelnt
Shopping Florida's Treasure Coast and Palm Beaches
Go to Top of Page

PeninaD
Valued Contributor

Stroudsburg, PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  8:21:14 PM  Send PeninaD an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Where are all the jobs?
Nothing within 50 miles of me...and I even plugged in a zip code for Manhattan (NYC).
Zip, nada, zilch.

I had so many good assignments through Mintel, it's almost like worrying about a friend.... are they sick? What's up?

Penina
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums