Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  9:02:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know! I've been checking every day. I did a huge number of shops for them in February, and am looking forward to doing more great shops with this company.

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  04:26:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A ton of their bank shops are available in my area today, but they are all due on Monday and I am booked

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Debbo
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  09:37:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, the only ones we have here are for the bank scenario you can perform once every 21 days. Rats -- really enjoy working for this company.
Cilla, write to Gelson or Natasa -- they have always extended dates for me when I have seen a job on the board that I wanted.

Debra
MSPA Shopper of the Year 2009
Video shopping in the Carolinas and throughout the US
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  7:33:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Someone please tell me how you do the menu shops.

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

JBuntin

Pleasant Hill, Missouri
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  9:55:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only done one of the menu shops. I was given a choice of how to capture the info, which is all menu items and descriptions along with prices. One way is to take pictures of the menu. These pictures have to be clear enough to read every word. The problem I had with the pictures was the glare that the plastic menu jacket caused made it impossible sometimes to read the menu. The other choice was to have the menu email to me in a word format, print and take with me and simply go down the menu checking off all current items and marking off those that we no longer available or make change where needed as well as adding any new items with description and price.
I was never asked what I was doing but I certainly felt the Indians circling the wagon. Kinda funny! I would do another.

Johnna
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  09:37:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one of the menu collection ones and did feel quite strange. I took my camera out and started shooting. When they questioned me I said I was making a project about healthy eating habits for my students in Health class. They didn't have a problem with it & I took extra photos of the adjoining, non-required, food place to make it look legit. I still felt conspicuous doing it and although the project was simple, I don't enjoy feeling uncomfortable doing assignments. I might do another using the menu checklist thing.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Benedicta

Woodstock, GA
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  10:03:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just snagged a handful of those menu collection shops. Anyone have creative ideas about what to say to the manager or an associate before taking pictures? It's a shame that they (Mintel) don't really furnish you with some sort of "permission" letter for these shops. What if the someone says "NO!" You can't take pictures????

All feedback would be appreciated.

Benedicta
Go to Top of Page

LisaCDuffy
Contributor

Vallejo, CA
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  4:12:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've completed several billboard surveys for Mintel and have been receiving my payments via direct deposit within a week of completion! I LOVE Mintel! They are on my list of favorite companies. But I haven't seen anything in my area in a few weeks!

LisaD - Certified MSPA Gold member shopping since 2005 and LOVING the high-end and entertainment shops!
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  07:34:56 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If they say no...they say no..great...

You still get paid for trying, but most of these restaurants and used to it by now...This has been going on for a long time every quarter, so when you ask, they are happy to help.

Most places also have a copy machine and if you go at a slow time, they are willing to copy everything they have for you.

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

Bambi
Valued Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  08:09:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The location I did the menu copies for actually were so used to the shop they just gave me a menu for each time frame. Very nice and friendly too.

Bambi
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  08:14:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same here Bambi. I go in and go I am here to do such and such and need to see a menu to copy, the manager usually just hands them to me and says, you can have them.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

.Rhonda Reid
Inactive

Carrollton, Georgia
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  08:25:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've heard some good things about this company which sparked my interest. Can someone give me their website address? Do they have shops in the Georgia area? I would like to sign up with them.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Go to Top of Page

PennyT
Contributor

CA
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  08:41:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is one of my favorite companies. Fast pay! I wish they had more jobs in my area. I have been able to pick up one per month. The forms have been easy. I wish they would pay me to take pictures of all the billboards I see

https://shopper.mintel.com/user_apply.php

Penny in NorCal
Go to Top of Page

Christina
Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  4:18:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for them not long ago. It was a fun shop with a very short/simple form and great pay- which I received quickly. I just signed up for two menu shops- also with great pay. I'm looking forward to doing more shops for them!

Chrissy in TX
Go to Top of Page

ErikaParton
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  3:45:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did my first menu shop for Mintel last week. Two scenarios, same location. Great pay, and payment was processed today!

Erika
Go to Top of Page

CarolynV
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
255 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  12:23:31 PM  Visit CarolynV's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good company to work for. I just wish they had more shops in my area :)

Carolyn
Gold certified MSPA shopper in Oklahoma
Go to Top of Page

Laurie
Valued Contributor

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
USA
108 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  3:02:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Absolutely two thumbs up!!

MSPA Gold Certified yxelnt
Shopping Florida's Treasure Coast and Palm Beaches
Go to Top of Page

Rose Whigham
Apprentice

Vallejo, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  4:57:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just recently started shopping for Mintel. Completed a billboard shop (which I really liked doing) and audit shops and have been paid for both!! Looking forward to future assignments.

Rose W - MSPA Silver Certified Shopping Northern California - loves shops/surveys which require digital photos.
Go to Top of Page

MrsShort

OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  08:19:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up for them last week, not really expecting to find much in my area. I completed 2 shops last night and will do one today. I love these shops!! They are easy compared to some, and the reports are very straightforward and simple. Thanks to everyone for the glowing recommendations :)

Go to Top of Page

SusanWilliams
Contributor

Yorba Linda, CA
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  4:22:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Mintel for years but I have never done the Menu Insights and just took 3 of them as they were in the same area. Are they easy? How many photos do you need to take? Is it easier to take a list that appears available from the scheduler and make any differences? How long do they take to do about? Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am in the dark on these!

Susan
Silver Certified. Shopping Orange County, CA.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums