Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  6:29:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have no idea what to tell you, but please report back. There are usually tons of these and I've been leery of taking them.

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  06:04:27 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Quick Service places by typically don't have menus, so I usually just take a few pictures of the menu board and then update the sheet given by the scheduler.

For the sit down dining locations, it's been hit or miss for me. One place let me take the menus down the street to copy them and I mailed in the copies, one went and copied them for me, one thought I was weird and wouldn't let me do anything with the menus.

I stopped doing them about a year ago though as they were a pain in my area. I will still do one quick service place near my house that never gets picked up, but it's pretty easy as things dont change much.

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

SusanWilliams
Contributor

Yorba Linda, CA
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  07:21:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the imput! Are you allowed to say what you are doing i.e. market research? anyone know........I am hoping the ones I have will be kind as I know they are done regularly!

Susan
Silver Certified. Shopping Orange County, CA.
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  07:58:20 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thats one of the reasons I quit doing them....You are told to not say why you are there, to instead make something up...I got sick of going to the same places each quarter asking for their menu and making up a reason why...

If they would just provide you with a letter stating, this is cool, and allow you to identify yourself they would be so much easier and much more worthwhile to me.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  08:01:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
These are easy to do. I usually tell them I am collecting the menus for the quarter. Since they have been done in the past they usually know what you are doing. The last one I did, same location I have done many times, had a new manager. He had no clue, so I had to just explain that they do the pricing every quarter. In the past the manager would just give me the menus to take and send. The last time I had to take pictures. I had both the lunch and dinner and I think it took me maybe 20 minutes to do them both. They are simple to do.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  10:01:05 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have experience with Mintel's Direct Deposit option. I signed up a while back by inputting my information into my profile, but I have yet to receive a DD because I didn't do anything for them from the time I signed up until recently..

I did some stuff in the past couple of weeks and it shows as processed on 10/16 on their website. Anyone that has gotten a Direct Deposit, did it come very quickly after the processed date, did it take a while!? Just wondering if I should be looking for a DD to come thru or if my information didn't get picked up and a check is being sent instead.

Thanks,

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Roger42
Star Contributor

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  1:28:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It takes about 3-5 working days to show up.

Roger
Gold Certified - 15 Years Experience
Specializing In Audits
Covering Mid Atlantic and Northeast
Go to Top of Page

Benedicta

Woodstock, GA
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  2:49:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Roger that! Two-three days. Great company. Prompt payment. Reasonable report.

Benedicta
Go to Top of Page

SusanWilliams
Contributor

Yorba Linda, CA
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  3:26:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Randi for your imput. I feel a lot more comfortable knowing that they are used to and possibly receptive to this being done!

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  07:00:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just did my FIRST job for them, a shipping co, I had NO idea the shipping was that much! ssheessshhhh....

Madge
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  07:17:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Madge, You should delete the name of the client from your post.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Christina
Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  08:28:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The last menu collection assignment I did, I went into the restaurant and explained I was doing quarterly price collections and they gave me one of each of their menus and told me to keep them. I took them home, scanned them in on my computer and submitted them. Very easy.

I offered to return the menus and they told me not to worry about it. The only glitch was that after I got home, some of the menus didn't have prices listed by the desserts and coffee drinks. I called and the hostess gave me the prices over the phone.

I just signed up to do another- easy assignment and great pay!

Chrissy in TX
Go to Top of Page

SusanWilliams
Contributor

Yorba Linda, CA
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  6:44:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Chrissy- Well I hope mine goes as well. I noticed something on the instructions about being able to check online, but picking up a business card from the location? I am not sure about this? I am doing them next week so hoping all will go well. I know these places have been done many times before, but I have never took them, so they may be used to getting somebody in!

Susan
Go to Top of Page

BeverBob
Valued Contributor

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  01:19:17 AM  Visit BeverBob's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought Mintel had a "shopper" login page, but I can only find the client login. Anyone know whats up?

Bob
Go to Top of Page

PennyT
Contributor

CA
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  06:51:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob,
I logged in today and used this address:
https://shopper.mintel.com/user_login.php

Penny in NorCal
Go to Top of Page

LuciCCham
Star Contributor

Shaker Heights, Ohio
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  07:24:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I did my first shop for them. Can someone clarify if you upload your receipts whether you still have to mail them? I was somewhat confused about this.

I wrote the scheduler but have not heard back

Luci
MSPA Gold Certified
Consumer Services Evaluator
Go to Top of Page

SusanWilliams
Contributor

Yorba Linda, CA
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  08:33:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have uploaded them and never been asked to send them in the mail as well. Hope that helps.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  7:42:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You do not need to send in the receipt if you upload it.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

ChristiRose
Contributor

Indiana
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  10:02:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with this company less than a month ago and have already received a check for shops I did on 10/8. The check was cut less than two weeks later - this is definitely already one of my favorite companies! It's so refreshing to get reimbursement/payment before my credit card payment is due. I also really like my scheduler, who has been available to answer questions.

LuciCCham, I also was confused about whether I needed to mail my receipts in even though they were already uploaded. The site is a bit unclear on this point, but I decided to wait a few days to see what happened and my shops were approved for payment without them being mailed in.

Christi
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Christina
Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  11:21:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree Christi- this is a great company that pays more than most and also pays quickly. I try to do all the assignments I can for them.

Chrissy in TX
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums