Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

LuciCCham
Star Contributor

Shaker Heights, Ohio
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  6:32:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback. The scheduler wrote me and asked that I upload and mail the receipts. I mailed the receipts yesterday, my Mintel log-in invoice shows my payment as "processed." today. .

Excellent turn-around and I think I could have saved my stamp

I've added Mintel to my daily checks list.

Luci
MSPA Gold Certified
Consumer Services Evaluator
Go to Top of Page

MrsShort

OH
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  06:40:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up after reading this post. I completed three shops for them. Two of them were processed and approved for payment on 10/14, but I haven't been paid yet. They send paper checks right? So I should have received payment by now? I sent my scheduler a message today asking about the payment. While I was at it, I signed up for direct deposit (didn't realize I hadn't done that yet!), so hopefully I can get paid for these shops soon. Luckily, they are payments, not reimbursements, so I haven't been out $$, but still... all the rave reviews about how quickly they pay aren't ringing true for me!
Go to Top of Page

Susan_in_NC

Huntersville, NC
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  10:29:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MrsShort, when did you do your shops? In the past I have gotten my paper check about two weeks after completing the shop. I just switched over to direct deposit and the money actually hit the account 4 business days after Mintel's website said it was processed and approved for payment. It was also two weeks after I did my shops, but at least I didn't have to worry about a lost check.
Go to Top of Page

PeninaD
Valued Contributor

Stroudsburg, PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  05:07:21 AM  Send PeninaD an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
MINTEL has begun Direct Deposits, if you chose to sign up for it.

Also, on the newest posts of the shipping assignments, you are now given an option to send non-perishable food and toiletry items for food-banks instead of just a box of scrap. Good thinking up in their offices!

I love working for this company. Fair rates, easy reporting, responsive staff, and quick pay. What else could you ask for?

Penina
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

MrsShort

OH
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  05:50:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my payment yesterday by direct deposit. There was a SSN glitch that caused my pmt to be delayed. I really think it was an isolated incident. They fixed it right away and payment came quickly after that. Two thumbs up!
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  05:52:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm really liking this site too.....very very fast pay.

Madge
Go to Top of Page

Shawnrece

Deltona, Florida
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  05:01:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just signed up for my first jobs, and I have a few questions I hope someone will be able to clarify as I also await an email reply from Gelson.

Is it normal to have to send in an invoice for shops that could not be completed because they were not listed on the client's website and therefore per directions should not be shopped?

I need to send something in a small medium sized box. Would that be the size of a shoe box?

For another job, I need to ship standard overnight without shipping express. Given the client, I do not understand how that is possible.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Go to Top of Page

EricFL

Middleburg, FL
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  07:34:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Your package should be overnight regular delivery, not the early bird (8am) option, just "standard overnight", which in most cases, arrives by 10am.
Go to Top of Page

JeannieGA
Valued Contributor

Alpharetta, GA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  08:48:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am confused. If the shop was not listed on the client website I don't think you get paid for this shop. You did not travel or go anywhere so there is no invoice to submit.

If you questions about the various shipping options check the specific mailing places websites for more details.

Jeannie in GA
Go to Top of Page

Kendra
Contributor

Lakeville, IN
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  10:47:11 AM  Visit Kendra's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy working for this company. Good pay, the payment is sent on time, the surveys are not too difficult, and the variety is great.

Shopping Michiana!
Silver Certified
ymixxk
Go to Top of Page

Shawnrece

Deltona, Florida
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  3:29:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Eric. Now I understand.

JeannieGA the shop was listed on mintel's website but per shop instructions because the location wasn't listed on the client's website it was not to be shopped. I had to list it as unable to complete and explain why. After I did, I received a notice that I needed to submit an invoice for the shop. I found that peculiar.

I still haven't received a response from Gelson and the shops are due tomorrow by noon. Helpful advice from anyone else would be greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  4:29:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's Mintel's quirky software. You just click on the invoice link (it's probably in red). Leave the amount at zero and hit submit. It basially closes off the shop for you.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

JeannieGA
Valued Contributor

Alpharetta, GA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  5:37:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mintel is not your "typical" mystery shopping company therefore their employees don't usually work on the weekends. I am sure that Gelson will respond on Monday.

Jeannie in GA
Go to Top of Page

Roger42
Star Contributor

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  11:12:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The instructions say to check the companies website before you head out to do the shop. If it doesn't exist notify them.

You won't be paid for a non-existent location, even if you find out by going there.

Roger
Gold Certified - 15 Years Experience
Specializing In Audits
Covering Mid Atlantic and Northeast
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  11:24:29 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You will be paid; however, if the site is on the website still, but no longer exists...I have had that happen to me before.

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

Christina
Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  12:39:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently was scheduled for one of these shops and the location did not exist on the client's website. I submitted the shop as unable to complete (per Mintel's instructions) and submitted an invoice but was not paid for the shop. I was hoping there might be a little compensation but there wasn't.

Chrissy in TX
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  4:01:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've not worked for this company before and have two shipping assignments. Am I correct to assume (yes, I know about assuming, which is why I'm asking here!) that payment is one thing AND we also get reimbursed for the actual shipping cost? Thanks in advance...

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

Janice-NoVA
Star Contributor

Reston, Virginia
USA
300 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  6:09:43 PM  Send Janice-NoVA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes you get reimbursed for the shipping cost in addition to the fee.
Janice Porter

Janice Porter
Shops Northern Virginia, Maryland and DC
Gold Certified June 2003
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  2:05:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PeninaD

MINTEL has begun Direct Deposits, if you chose to sign up for it.

Also, on the newest posts of the shipping assignments, you are now given an option to send non-perishable food and toiletry items for food-banks instead of just a box of scrap. Good thinking up in their offices!

I love working for this company. Fair rates, easy reporting, responsive staff, and quick pay. What else could you ask for?

I did not see any information on their website about being able to send items for food banks. It does say to send nonpersihable items or scrap paper, but does not specify that good stuff will be accepted and donated. Is this still the case? Certainly a great idea, but I don't want to send good stuff if it's to be tossed out. I often have extras especially of toiletry items that are great for donations.

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

JeannieGA
Valued Contributor

Alpharetta, GA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  8:23:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not sure if they are still doing donations. Just send an email to the scheduler and they will get back to you on Monday. Mystery shopping is just a small part of what Mintel does and their "schedulers" are employees of the company.

Jeannie in GA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums