Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  2:48:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, this company, which is a new one for me, just made the top ten list. Did two mailing jobs on Feb. 19 and my check was in the mailbox on Feb. 26!

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2009 :  10:23:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I absolutely love this company. Unfortunately they don't have a lot of shops in my area but I do some now and then. They are easy to work for, easy reports with no narrative and payment in a few weeks. I wish all companies were like this one.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Marion
Contributor

Goochland, Virginia
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  10:55:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Highly recommend this company. Directions are clear and form is direct and short. Payment is the fastest I have ever experienced.

Marion
Go to Top of Page

DocLloyd

Salem, CT
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  7:21:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have found Mintel to be reliable and honest. I recently did a office supply shop for them to send a package. They made an error and sent me to a warehouse location. So..........they made a mistake, no one is perfect. I had a nice ride through the countryside for nothing....But they were honorable and paid me for my time. Better than most who will give excuses why they cannot pay. I will work for them anytime.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  9:27:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, Doc, you got lucky I think. I'm familiar with those shops and they all require you research the address on the respective shipping company's website before going to the location. If it's on the website as a valid location, then you complete the shop.

I had self-assigned a location recently, but when I looked it up on the website it was no longer listed. The shop could therefore not be completed. Report was accepted as "unable to complete" for that reason, but there is no payment in that case.

So I wouldn't suggest anyone do as the Doc and drive out to a location without first following their instructions and confirming it on the shipping company's website.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  10:03:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Jeff. It stated very clearly in the instruction that we need to check the address against the website first.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Shopper John

Myrtle Beach, SC
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  08:16:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently signed up with them when I saw a shop in my area. I performed the shop by visiting the location, but the target company had gone out of business. I photographed the location, and documented the address by getting a business card from the company now occupying the target location. Both of these were submitted back to Mintel, only for them to tell me that because the business wasn't there, I wasn't going to be paid. They failed to check to see if the assigned location was still in business.

John Stillwell
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  08:37:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shopper John
They failed to check to see if the assigned location was still in business.

John, if it was a shipping shop, like others have explained above, it is the shopper's responsibility to check that the address is valid AND hosts the correct business. It is spelled out very clearly in the instructions.
If it was another type of shops, then I do not know what their policy is. I've only done shipping shops with them.

BTW, do they have any other kind of shops? Around here, all I've ever seen were the shipping ones.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  12:02:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne, around here they have a few types of shops.

They have the shipping ones as noted above (which the instructions are clear that the address must be checked against the company's website first, yes).

They also have a menu project where you have to obtain pricing and pics of restaurant menus. Covertly.

They also threw up 50+ Chicago area night clubs for next week. The night club/bar shops were to confirm the presence of collateral material for a particular beer's ad campaign in the WOMEN'S restrooms. They said they preferred females take the assignments, but offered a letter of authorization to present so anyone could do them.

The other job they offered, albeit briefly, was a mail campaign where you submit scans of certain types of junk mail and inserts. A monthly project, but they recently canceled it a couple months into my participation.

Apart from those four assignment types, I haven't noticed anything else in the past six months or so.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  10:10:09 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JeffInIL

Servanne, around here they have a few types of shops.

They have the shipping ones as noted above (which the instructions are clear that the address must be checked against the company's website first, yes).

They also have a menu project where you have to obtain pricing and pics of restaurant menus. Covertly.

They also threw up 50+ Chicago area night clubs for next week. The night club/bar shops were to confirm the presence of collateral material for a particular beer's ad campaign in the WOMEN'S restrooms. They said they preferred females take the assignments, but offered a letter of authorization to present so anyone could do them.

The other job they offered, albeit briefly, was a mail campaign where you submit scans of certain types of junk mail and inserts. A monthly project, but they recently canceled it a couple months into my participation.

Apart from those four assignment types, I haven't noticed anything else in the past six months or so.

I took the plunge and signed up for them through JobSlinger...and as Jeff noted, they put up yesterday the Bar Shops they prefer women to do...I also noted the shipping MS as well but the ones I was interested in had you sending them wine glasses....hmmm

Anyway I am looking forward to working with them since all I've read about are positive comments from you guys...thanks for everyone's comments!!!

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

Joyce in Maine
Valued Contributor

Maine
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  08:23:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree that they are a great company to work for and they pay very fast. I have done several of the regular shipping shops for them which are pretty easy. This month I have done I think four of the wine glass shops. These take a lot more time -- you have to wait for the item to be packaged which can take awhile and there are several other questions they want info on. I think the wine glass shop should pay more than they are paying. It's not a great shop to start with.

Joyce

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  10:14:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I remember seeing the menu shops now! I had forgotten about those. They have not been around in a while though.
All around, they're a good company to work for.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Milla-B

Cincinnati, OH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  2:23:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also love this company. They pay fast and on time too. Communications with the scheduler are always promptly responded. They fix any problems very quickly. Too bad there's very few jobs in my area, please send more jobs!!!
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  8:01:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The wineglass shop also involves purchasing the glasses, which would make it a 2nd trip and should pay more $. I decided not to take them. Mintel had different types of shops, like billboard pictures and a credit card company. I like them.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Robin75

NE
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  09:42:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Could someone be able to offer me the Mintel link to the website.
Thanks!

Robin :)
Happily Shopping Nebraska, the Midwest and beyond....
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  10:13:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robin75

Could someone be able to offer me the Mintel link to the website.
Thanks!

https://shopper.mintel.com/user_login.php

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  8:48:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found one of the menu shop jobs. How feasible is it to covertly take digital pictures (without glare) of every menu type with 100% readable prices? Without a kid, how do I get a kid's menu? Another alternative is to "correct" menu printouts which Mintel can supply, but covertly? And option #3 is to take the menus with you and mail them (if I could take the menus with me, why wouldn't I just scan them?).

Does anyone have practical experience and/or advice?

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Roger42
Star Contributor

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  12:59:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tell them you're in charge of planning an office party with a large and assorted group and you need prices. Ask them if you can have a menu to show your boss/owner and volunteer to bring it back.

If they think it will result in a large sale, they'll cooperate. If you get resistance just say "My boss wants to bring everyone here but if he can't see the prices I guess we'll go to [fill-in a name] nearby"

Roger
Gold Certified - 15 Years Experience
Specializing In Audits
Covering Mid Atlantic and Northeast
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  4:01:16 PM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just completed one of their new customer banking shops this past week, and they were quick to respond to queries. Payment already shows as pending, so apparently that will be prompt also.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

Lisa97

St. Louis, MO
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  2:35:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know when their shops are due? I have looked on my shop notes and their FAQ and cannot find anything. It just says my shop is due two days from now. Do they really give you that long after you have done the shop?

Lisa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums