Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

DaveG

Diamond, OH
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  8:48:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey there, I'm Dave (like that's not obvious by the screen name ) & I have worked east-central Ohio & western PA since August '06.

I, too, would be interested in a get-together for shoppers in this area. Share some stories, etc. If nothing else eat a meal at a casual restaurant without having a report to write when i got home.

Shopping East Central Ohio since 2006
Go to Top of Page

SandyA
Apprentice

Akron, Ohio
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  05:25:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi All I just found this site and i love it so far, Im in Akron Ohio and was wondering if anyone can tell me what shops do merchan and demos in akron ohio?
Thanks

Sandy
Go to Top of Page

JulieBee

Cincinnati, OH
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  10:58:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello All - Im in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area and Im new to Mystery Shopping. I found this forum last week but have been reading the threads religiously and Ive learned alot already but am eager to learn more. Im making my way thru the volition.com "Get Paid Shopping" company list and have signed with about 10 so far (but only 2 of them have available jobs in my area). Im hoping to sign up with two-three companies each day until I come across at least 20 with OHIO shops.....any suggestions?

Julie
Ohio Newbie Shopping the Greater Cincinnati Area
Go to Top of Page

JulieBee

Cincinnati, OH
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  2:02:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ATTENTION - Ohio coffee drinkers looking for some "would have gone there anyway" shops?

Anyway, there are over 300 coffee shops available in OHIO on the Second To None website. I did a zip code radius search and found over twenty-five of them within 20 miles of my home. The avail dates range from 1/19/09 thru 2/20/09. I tried one and it just isnt for me (I think Im too new at MS-ing and have to gain a little more experience before trying to tackle such a multi-tasking shop like this one)

Good luck to all my Mystery Shoppin homeboys & homegirls ,

jb

Julie
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  2:15:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't tried any of them because you have to buy a scale and thermometer for about $35.00 from them.
Go to Top of Page

BradM
Apprentice

Washington Courthouse, Ohio
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  08:57:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. I have been doing MS since 11-08. I live half way between Cincinnati and Columbus. I saw that there are jobs available for Second to None. Where on their website is current openings? I didn't see a job board and have looked all over their website. Also, does anyone know of other MS companies that work out of southern/ central Ohio? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

JulieBee

Cincinnati, OH
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  5:18:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BradM - after you sign into the Second To None website, you have to click on the ASSIGNMENTS tab and select the last option on the list (SEARCH FOR ASSIGNMENTS). This will take you do a different web page with the search options. You have to enter your zip code before you can select the SEARCH BY RADIUS box. By the way, the number of available coffee shops within twenty miles of my home has decreased from 25 to only 13.

As for other companies that offer work in "our" area, Ive only found a couple. I just started doing MS this week so Ive only registered with about 20 companies and the ones that have assignments are: About Face, Beyond Hello, Confero, Feedback Plus, IntelliShop. Just an FYI....Ive found that on About Face & IntelliShop jobs go super fast (like within minutes) so there must be alot of OHIO shoppers already registered with them.

Let me know if any of these work out for you. Good Luck :-)

Julie
Go to Top of Page

BradM
Apprentice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  9:50:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Julie, Thanks for the information. I was apparently going to the wrong website. Is it correct that they send you the scale and thermometer? I am confused because I thought I read that they did on their website but another shopper posted that they didn't do these shops because they had to buy the equipment. Do you think these shops are worth the time even though they're not for you?
As for other shopping sites with clients in Ohio, if you give me your email address I'll email you about 10 - 15 that I have done shops for in our area. I just didn't really want to post them on such a public forum because of the whole confidentiality issue. Maybe we can exchanage website information as we find new ones. It's frustrating to apply to all these shops and then find out that they don't even serve Ohio. Anyway, let me know if you want to exchange emails.
Go to Top of Page

JulieBee

Cincinnati, OH
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  10:01:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BradM - I forgot one...BES (Business Evaluation Services). They offer recurring shops at one of the retail stores out at the Jeffersonville Outlet Mall. That's close to you isnt it?

jb

Julie
Go to Top of Page

BradM
Apprentice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  10:12:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes Julie, I am 11 miles from the Prime Outlets. Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

BradM
Apprentice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  10:26:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie, I appreciate you sending me BES's info. I was already registered with them but had forgot to check their site. I just did and I took an assignment for next week.
Go to Top of Page

JulieBee

Cincinnati, OH
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  11:07:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thats' great!!!! Im glad I could help. I wish I lived closer to the Prime Outlets but c'est la vie

I hope you & I can continue to help each other out.....I havent been able to get much "love" yet (but I think thats because Im so new, and havent learned the importance of guarding one's territory yet ). Im only doing this part-time so Im happy with the leftover crumbs that fall off the veteran's and/or full-timer's tables.

Good luck on your BES shop

Julie
Go to Top of Page

DPacella
Apprentice

Lakewood, Ohio
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  12:13:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone shopping NE Ohio, Cleveland area? What companies should I be looking to apply to. It seems most so far are not shopping here. Sggestions?

Diane
Go to Top of Page

AngelSued
Apprentice

Navarre, Ohio
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  2:30:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Canton area here. I am a newbie.
I am wondering where I can find jobs in my area.

Angel
Go to Top of Page

Brenda918
Apprentice

Cleveland, OH
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  2:28:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HI all I've been doing MS for about 3 years now. I have recently moved back home to Ohio. Cleveland area. Anyone know which companies have shops in this area?
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  11:30:23 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
JulieBee,

How has the mystery shopping been going for you?

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

RachelN
Apprentice

Dayton, OH
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2010 :  8:28:56 PM  Visit RachelN's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
:) Kinda slow in Ohio is it? I'm new, but I seem to be doing OK for myself. Look forward to talking to some of you! I'm in Dayton.

Rachel
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  11:56:49 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
RachelN,

There are only a few from ohio that post on here, but not in this thread. What kind of shops do you do?

Cary
Go to Top of Page

RachelN
Apprentice

Dayton, OH
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  5:45:48 PM  Visit RachelN's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cary, I do whatever I can get my hands on :) I really enjoy the shops and audits in the restaurant industry. I was a bartender and chef, and like the food service shops. They come more easily, I know what to look for!

Rachel
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  06:54:20 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You do this full time? I'm just part time as I got a regular job. I will be up in Dayton this month doing a survey for someone..

Cary
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums