Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  5:49:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like shopping for CSE, but have had several instances where shops are overlooked when pay time comes around. I have to be diligent to check their shops, especially when I do the airport ones and there are several payments. Somehow, they seem to frequently miss a few shops or reimbusements. They normally pay promptly, so if you don't receive payment by the middle of the month, or beginning of the month, send an email right away.

Other than the missed payments, I've enjoyed their shops very much.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

AndreaGayle
Star Contributor

MD
USA
350 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  6:40:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have definitely found some of the editors are very picky! Sometimes the comments I have gotten do not pertain to my report at all. I get the feeling that there are times when a comment is given and the editor di dnot even read my report. I have found it really varies on who you work with. Some of the people are great and some are not. I now only respond to the people I know are easy and responsive to work with. One shop I did was rejected because the scheduler forgot to get back to me with a question in the time allowed by the client. He freely admitted it was his fault but still only offered me 1/2 the fee. I have not recived the payment yet so who knows? But on the other hand, a female I work with is awesome and answers any questions I have.

Andrea Gayle
Go to Top of Page

JAngler64
Valued Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  12:39:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The company is tops in my book overall. When I have had an issue with a missed reimbursement, they have been easy to work with, and have paid promptly. Also, from time to time a phone call to speak with the scheduler will also immediately clear up any confusion.
In almost four years of working with them, I have never come across anyone from their office that is not friendly, professional, and very helpful.
I am anxiously waiting for the next round of payroll, as I completed a huge number of shops for them the past 2 weeks.

Jeff
MSPA Gold Certified aacxgi
Shopping Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, NY to Washington, DC
Go to Top of Page

AndreaGayle
Star Contributor

MD
USA
350 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  10:46:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Today I just found out about half my shops due to be paid today will not be paid until the 15th. That is somewhat distressing as I was counting on the money. What's odd is some of the shops not being paid are ones I did BEFORE some of the shops I am being paid for today. I was told they got behind processing payments at the end of the month. I appreciate the candor and the gentleman was very nice but I am frustrated since I was counting on those funds as promised. Anyone else having a delay in their payment?

Andrea Gayle
Go to Top of Page

JoanG
Valued Contributor

Anaheim Hills, CA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  11:19:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have the same situation. I haven't been paid for shops done on 4/30 and 5/7. My shops on 5/23 and 5/11 were paid today.

Joan
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  1:24:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shops done on 5/5 that were paid on 5/15, and other shops done in March that show they were paid today. They owe me a LOT of money that is showing up in SASSIE as paid on 6/2, and I haven't gotten a single Paypal email yet. We will see tomorrow...
Go to Top of Page

JoanG
Valued Contributor

Anaheim Hills, CA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  1:50:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got the PP email for my 2 payments. Hope the rest of them get paid soon.

Joan
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  4:51:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My Pay Pal has arrived too. Some of the jobs were as long ago as 3/3.
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  5:27:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got two Paypal payments today for shops done on the 12th of May.

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

AndreaGayle
Star Contributor

MD
USA
350 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  9:00:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For now I am going to just chill and wait until the 15th. My shops are not that old and while I need the money owed, I will give them a chance. Plus, they just gave me a really easy assignment of my fave type. Well 5 actually!!

Andrea Gayle
Go to Top of Page

AnnaZ
Valued Contributor

Burlington, MA
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  09:27:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndreaGayle

I have definitely found some of the editors are very picky! Sometimes the comments I have gotten do not pertain to my report at all. I get the feeling that there are times when a comment is given and the editor di dnot even read my report. I have found it really varies on who you work with.

I have noticed lately the same thing, with new editors. The editor asks questions and dictates a format that is not the one provided as sample in the instructions. I get comments that have no relationship to my report and some are completely inaccurate as I have kept a copy of the report so I know what I wrote. Again, recently the editor returned the report for more comments about landscape, exterior signage, whether all the exterior lights, and all the store lights were on - for an airport kiosk! I have been doing the exact same shops for 3 years so I have the reports cold. The same editor returned another report because the answers were not written in order the questions were asked in the report -again the report sample did not require that.
Go to Top of Page

JoanG
Valued Contributor

Anaheim Hills, CA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  10:26:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnnaZ

quote:
Originally posted by AndreaGayle

I have definitely found some of the editors are very picky! Sometimes the comments I have gotten do not pertain to my report at all. I get the feeling that there are times when a comment is given and the editor di dnot even read my report. I have found it really varies on who you work with.

I have noticed lately the same thing, with new editors. The editor asks questions and dictates a format that is not the one provided as sample in the instructions. I get comments that have no relationship to my report and some are completely inaccurate as I have kept a copy of the report so I know what I wrote. Again, recently the editor returned the report for more comments about landscape, exterior signage, whether all the exterior lights, and all the store lights were on - for an airport kiosk! I have been doing the exact same shops for 3 years so I have the reports cold. The same editor returned another report because the answers were not written in order the questions were asked in the report -again the report sample did not require that.

Sometimes I wonder if the report that is on my screen when I hit "submit" is the same report that is receiving the score and comments. Is it possible to get an edited copy of the report?

Joan
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  5:57:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing late payments. I've had to email and request some of my money, and have not had to do that before...makes me leery to take more.

I recently did one and they would not accept it because I did not ask the required question. I thoroughly explained in my report that I could not ask the question because the employee was NOT available to me. I spent way longer in there then was required but she was flitting around making herself unavailable. I was not happy, but the same job went up again and this time paid $10 more...so I took it again....I figured she was NOT going to get away from me this time.

Madge
Go to Top of Page

JoanG
Valued Contributor

Anaheim Hills, CA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  6:25:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email in the middle of June which stated that my 3 missing shop payments were marked for payment. That should mean this week.

Update: True to their word, all 3 of my outstanding payments posted today.

Joan
Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  11:35:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnnaZ

...The editor asks questions and dictates a format that is not the one provided as sample in the instructions...The same editor returned another report because the answers were not written in order the questions were asked in the report -again the report sample did not require that.

Not only did the instructions not require that, but they specifically stated to give a step-by-step narrative. That means the order in which it happened, not in order of their questions.

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

AndreaGayle
Star Contributor

MD
USA
350 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  07:20:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, if it is the shop I am thinking of, they do want the questions answered in the order they list. The sampl shows that with numbers next to the narrative. It is a little weird but that part was clear to me as far as what they want. But maybe it is not the same shop.

Andrea Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Beth in TheWineCountry
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  1:47:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if anyone has had payment problems lately?

I should have been paid on 10/1 and was not. The scheduler has not responded. :(

Beth

Gold Certified shopper happily evaluating
the North SF bay area
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  5:38:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nope, no problems lately. A shop completed on 9/26 was paid on 10/1. That was a welcome surprise.

Maybe it depends on the client.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  5:43:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No problems with pay, just with an editor....I think I"m done shopping for them, I get sick of the nit-pickey things they dock you for.

Madge
Go to Top of Page

Joyce A H1
Valued Contributor

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  6:27:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

I hear you, I was doing a lot for them to help get the shops done, received 9's and 10's. Since the new editor, who is as you described, now I can't get even one shop in my home town and a scheduling company is helping them out to get them filled.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums