Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

DebbiM
Contributor

Redondo Beach, CA
USA
88 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  09:39:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a shop for them in June and did not realize until the end of August that I was not paid for the shop. I emailed the scheduler and within 24 hours I had an apology for the delay and payment for the shop deposited in my paypal account. I was very impressed with the quick response. In reviewing my past payments from this company I was usually paid within 2-3 weeks which I think is great for an MSC.

Debbi
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Beth in TheWineCountry
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  2:57:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the shop at the shopping mall that can take up to 90 minutes? I'm wondering how difficult it is to find the targeted employee. Any thoughts are appreciated!

TIA

Beth

Gold Certified shopper happily evaluating
the North SF bay area
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  09:21:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beth in TheWineCountry

Has anyone done the shop at the shopping mall that can take up to 90 minutes? I'm wondering how difficult it is to find the targeted employee.

I have done a similar shop last year, and it was really not that bad. The mall I evaluated was quite big, but it was easy to spot the target and perform the required interactions.
And it was bonused!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Susan_in_NC

Huntersville, NC
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  3:59:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am intrigued about how you got it bonused. Did you wait until they offered it with a bonus or did you ask for one?
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  5:35:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Susan, I assume it was because it was getting close to the due date.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

LoraM
Valued Contributor

Eau Claire, Michigan
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  05:35:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone doing the fast food reveals for them this month? They look like a lot of fun if/when the employee does the right thing.

Loralee ~Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Patty in NY

Rockaway, NY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  10:10:44 AM  Visit Patty in NY's Homepage  Send Patty in NY an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't see any of those for my area. I would have done a few. Either they were taken right away or they haven't received any for us yet. It's been a long time since I've done a reveal shop.

I'll have to watch for them.

Patty
Office Manager by day and a Mystery by night (and weekends).
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  1:11:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
wow you are lucky, they don't/won't bonus the one here, they told me they'd just not do it. so, hence I didn't bite, it was a date I couldn't go. did you have to buy the mall gc?

Madge
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  8:53:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did that same audit this year again and it was offered from the get-go with a bonus. The one I am referring to is a mall security audit, where you spend a long time in and around the mall, evaluating seurity. This past December, my assigned day was the day Will Smith was at the mall... Security was outstanding!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  05:21:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
yep servanne, that is it, but has NEVER been bonused here...maybe because our mall is not huge?

Madge
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  05:31:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
madge, I did the audit at two different malls here, neither of which is huge. The mall of America is also owned by the same company, but it was not posted this year or last. It'd take way more than the fee for me to do the MOA anyway!!!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  09:49:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
About ten years ago I did a shop for another company at the Mall of America, walking around, getting info, talking to security, etc. And it was actually a lot of fun. I added a few other shops, buy and return, which are easy to do at the mall (buy something and start walking, by the time you get back around its been an hour) and it will worth my day. I don't recall the amount of pay, but with adding some other stuff and making a day of it, it certainly worked out well for me.
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca Hendrix
Valued Contributor

Headland, Alabama
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  09:29:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done several audits for this company. The editors are picky, but they pay when they say they will.

Rebecca
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  10:46:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They opened a new mall out here (The Glendale American mall), it is fabulous, and CSE had many jobs out there, including one of my favorite restaurants. I did not get paid for the restaurant, and as soon as I discovered, wrote them, I got a letter of apology and my pay. They don't have those shops on the board this year, wonder why!!

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

CarrieMK

RI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  8:11:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done any of their golf shops?
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  5:26:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, they are fun. They reports are quite detailed, but not so bad that you can't enjoy your round of golf. I sure wish they would include the greens fees and cart for the guest though. Some of these courses are pricey and that eats up the profit.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  08:37:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They seem to be not quite on top of things as they once were, at least here. I applied for two shops, the due date passed, and they are still on the board, and on my appt. list??

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

Milla-B

Cincinnati, OH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  9:19:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did a job for them less than 2 weeks ago and got paid today! Super fast payment!!! Sending the receipt via mail is a little bit tacky wish they accept scanned receipt, but not a big deal since they reimburse postage too. More jobs here please!
Go to Top of Page

EricNY
Contributor

Long Island, NY
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  07:54:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CarrieMK

Has anyone done any of their golf shops?

Hey Carrie, I agree with MSJudi in that the golf shops are awesome! I have done nearly 25 of them over the past few years and they are hands down my favorite shops. The relatively long report is well worth it if you love to golf. Being in the mystery shopping minority (guys...LOL) I was out of my mind happy when I found out there were GOLF SHOPS!!

They are much better if you golf alone though since you only get the greens fees for yourself. The flip side is that I get to play a couple of courses that I normally wouldn't play because of the high greens fees. Can't beat the free pro shop purchase and free food either!! Happy golfing!!

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified and shopping NY/NJ
Go to Top of Page

CarrieMK

RI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  09:04:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info! My husband did do one of these, and while he found that even after writing a thorough review he was contacted several times to re-answer the same questions, he still was happy with the outcome of being able to play golf for free! He is definitely interested in more shops in the future.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums