Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  10:46:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are in a fabulous large new outdoor addition to an older mall at two different sites in L.A. They usually offer at least 3 jobs at the same location. They are never bonused here, hardly any companies offer bonus's here, even at the end of the month. The pay is adequate for the work, although the reports are a little cumbersome, I jump at the chance to do these jobs, try and get a lunch job as well, and have a great day!!

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

MichelleM

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  7:13:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any experience with the circuit shops at airports? I am interested but would really love some feedback from someone who has done one. Any details about the ease/difficulty of the shops and the type of reports required. I have yet to do something like this and would appreciate any iput. Thank you!

Michelle
Go to Top of Page

JAngler64
Valued Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  03:27:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The circuits are a great way of being able to do multiple shops in a short amount of time. The shops themselves are straightforward, and CSE typically give 48 hours to enter the reports. The company requires a detailed narrative for each shop, which to me is the most time consuming part.

Also, the typical airport has many stores, is shopped on a regular basis, and needs multiple shoppers per round, giving a shopper the opportunity to complete circuits on a consistent basis.

Grab a travel bag, comfortable shoes, and give them a try.

Jeff
MSPA Gold Certified aacxgi
Shopping Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, NY to Washington, DC
Go to Top of Page

MichelleM

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  04:30:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much Jeff for your thorough explanantion. I think I will take your advice and give them a try....

Michelle
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  06:40:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Jeff. I do these at two airports about 6 times a year. The narratives are quite short, as are the shops themselves.

Just add some Ziplock bags and small plastic containers to your travel bag, to take home the excess food!

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  8:56:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to disagree with Cilla on the narratives being short. I find the required information to be extensive for these shops and the reports seem to take me forever to do. I do them because it's a great opportunity to get a bunch of shops without driving all over.

The schedulers are a great group of folks who are very helpful and pleasant. But, I find the reports to be demanding and extremely time consuming for the fee.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

MichelleM

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  12:07:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Seeking additional information regarding the airport circuits...
I e-mailed the scheduler twice about 2 weeks ago to ask questions before signing up for a circuit. She did not reply to either e-mail I tagged one with a read receipt and have not even gotten confirmation that it was read. It was the e-mail address listed within the guidelines for the shops. I went ahead and did apply for a circuit-the shops are still pending for early next month. Does it generally take a long time to find out if shops are assigned and is the scheduler responsive to e-mails? Thank you in advance for any information.

Michelle
Go to Top of Page

JAngler64
Valued Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2009 :  03:18:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michelle- It depends which airport you applied for. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks to get the appplications assigned based on the dates projected. Also, many of the emails I send do not generate a read receipt. But I know the schedulers have gotten the emails.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2009 :  06:58:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michelle,
You might not hear from the the first couple of times you apply, since they have an experienced cadre of shoppers for most of their airport, I think. I applied several times before I got my first chance. Also, this is the end of a reporting period and they are still working on getting this month's shops accomplished. (Not a good time to get a scheduler's attention about next month's assignments.)

In addition, if I remember correcly, I think that they are one of the MSCs that gives priority to Gold Certified shoppers.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  5:31:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy doing their shops but find it hard to get over an 8 on my reports. They are a stickler for such things as putting a comma in front of quotes. They want narrative on each question, whether it is yes or no and although I believe I am addressing all questions, the editor usually says that I did not do so. They don't tell me which question was lacking description so it's hard to improve next time. They also want actual quotes from employees. I wonder how it is possible to accurately do this unless one tapes the conversation. Maybe I should just be satisfied that I can get an 8 and I will get paid.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2009 :  04:15:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ken,
I know you cannot use a recorder in CA. What I do for exact quotes is, as soon as I leave the area, I make notes like HiHCIHU which means "Hi, how can I help you?" if that was the greeting. There are so few people who use more than the standard 3-4 greetings that I suspect that I could just assign numbers 1-4 to them and make my notes even shorter.

You are right about their editors being sticklers. However, I have had a couple of long conversations with schedulers and understand that the whole corporate policy for editing is under serious review based on shopper feedback. In the meantime, an 8 is a highly honorable score under the current editing regime there.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

JAngler64
Valued Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2009 :  07:19:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have found the methods used by CSE to score a shoppers reports is based on the editing guidelines. For the projects I shop, the schedulers attach both the shop guidelines and the editing guidelines. This way, I am able to provide them with the information in the narratives, and not have back and forths with the editors. Oh, and yes they are sticklers for grammer/ punctuation.

Cilla- I do the same thing as well with greetings/ endings.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  04:13:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KenASch

...They are a stickler for such things as putting a comma in front of quotes.

Yeah. They probably want a period after each sentence, too!

KenASch and Cilla: Are you sure you may not use a recorder when in public? If the person doesn't have an expectation of privacy, it might be okay. Are you sure the law does not refer only to phone recordings?

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  06:01:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The various state laws are quite specific. I know for sure, for instance, that the Maryland law, and most others, refer to audio recordings of any kind of conversations between or among two or more people. You are quite free to record yourself muttering tmings into your DVR, of course.

You do have an expectation of privacy in public places in states with two party consent states when it comes to audio and video recordings of a person's actions and statements. That is why most states require that signs be posted if CATV is being used, say in banks, etc. And, the laws are much more strict for audio than for video that does not include audio, hence the two party consent laws. People sometimes get these state laws about audio recording mixed up with federal prohibitions on phone tapping, hence the common misunderstanding that the law pertains only to recording phone calls.

News reporters have to be very careful about these laws. Here is a summary of the state laws regarding "in person and telephone" recording that they use as a reference. http://www.rcfp.org/taping/quick.html

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  09:08:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got feedback from another shop and once again received the same comments about not putting a comma in front of quotes, not providing narrative for each question, not providing enough quotes, etc. I went back and checked my narrative again and I definitely did put commas in front of every quote. I now think the editors just cut and paste the same critique no matter what the "infractions" may be. I guess I just need to accept that I am an "8" (sorry I omitted the comma here) writer and be satisfied that they still assign me shops.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  10:06:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ken, don't feel too badly. I received a comment to NOT put a comma before the AND in a compound sentence. News to me!! I questioned it and was told it was a style thing. I don't quite know how to please their editors anymore, so I just do what I think is right, 8 -9 or 10s, who cares so long as it is acceptable and I've provided the necessary info. I also have received a few comments to be sure to write in complete sentences. Again, I'm not quite sure when I did not write in complete sentences, so I started to write sentences for the Associate's descriptions...more time on the crappy report. They definitely need to fine tune some of their editing and focus more on the substance. I've had some discussion with their schedulers and editors on this topic, so maybe some improvement will come about soon.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Chiara CSE

Annapolis, MD
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  1:28:13 PM  Visit Chiara CSE's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Shoppers!

We greatly appreciate all of your feedback. Since some of you have discussed grading in this thread, we would like to share our grading scale with you. As you have read, most of our shoppers fall in the 8 or 9 range. We rarely issue a score of 10 since to obtain that, the report has to be perfect, without requiring us to touch a thing! At CSE, we consider shoppers with a rating of 8 or 9 our STAR shoppers! If you have any questions in the future, please allow me to assist you and do not hesitate to contact me directly. You may reach me at Chiara@CustomerServiceExperts.com .

10 – Perfect/Ultimate Shopper
All header information complete and correct
Detailed narrative
Narrative is in sequential order and broken in to paragraphs
No spelling errors
No grammar errors
Lots of quotes, used correctly
Asked correct question
Scoring matches narrative
Shopped on correct date and submitted shop by deadline
You didn’t have to touch a thing!

9 – STAR Shopper
Of the above bullet points the shopper does not comply with 2 or less.

8 – Excellent Shopper
Of the above bullet points the shopper does not comply with 3. This shopper has to be emailed for minor information and complies

7- Good Shopper
Of the above bullet points the shopper does not comply with 4. This shopper has to be emailed for further information and complies. Information is a parting comment or clarification of an associate description. Need to change scoring.

6 – Average Shopper
This shopper has to be emailed for further information and detail multiple times. Restructuring of narrative and change of scoring.

***5 – These are new shoppers in Sassie so we will not be using this number in grading.

Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  7:31:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Andrea,
I am with you on this one. An overly picky editor asked me to repeat answers that were previously answered in the paifully long narrative (for an $8 phone assignment!). I argued for a bit and then gave up and re-answered the questions. When the editor finally imparted my shopper score (the lowest that I have ever received due to my arguing- no doubt), it contained misspelled words. I could not help myself in returning the review with the question, "Did you mean to say X?, because this would have been the proper spelling of that word." A bad mistake on my part that felt real good.
Go to Top of Page

Laura the Canuck
Valued Contributor

Tarkio, MO
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  12:39:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wish the schedulers would not send coast-to-coast emails. I did not turn off notifications in case something comes up in my area. In the past ten minutes I have been spammed with postings for Texas, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Indiana. I'll excuse the Missouri posting for something 6 hours away since technically it is in a state I listed. Why do Sassie applications ask for area codes and zip codes if schedulers are just going to fill out inbox with spam?

Laura
Proud Canadian, shopping Northwest Missouri and Omaha areas.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  6:02:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Laura,

They are most likely looking for shoppers who may be traveling through an airport in those states. Usually right at the top it states to "Delete if not traveling," or something to that effect.

Judi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums