Page: of 8

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  05:50:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Laura,
They also seem to have a ton of frequent travelers who will take those shops, including airline crews.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Laura the Canuck
Valued Contributor

Tarkio, MO
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  09:00:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
None of yesterday's batch were airports, but I could see why they would cast a wide net for those. In the case of a frequent traveller, Sassie allows you to list every state you are looking to shop in. An airline employee could list every state if he or she wanted to.

Laura
Proud Canadian, shopping Northwest Missouri and Omaha areas.
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  10:13:01 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just want to say they give super fast payment. I did a round of airport shops on 4/7, and was paid by Paypal on 4/15. A reimbursement was inadvertently left out of the payment; I emailed and had a paper check for the difference by 4/21. They have also been super helpful with questions.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

IrisT

MI
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  04:14:42 AM  Visit IrisT's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed my first shop for this company (long narrative, not an airport) last Thursday. Today is Tuesday--five days later--and, my assignment is still showing as "completed" rather than "received." How long does it take for an assignment to be edited and processed? This seems like a long time to me. Since this was my first work for CSE, I'm kind of anxious to find out how their process works. Thanks for sharing any experiences.

Iris
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  05:44:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Iris,
I do a ton of shops for this MSC and they usually get them through the editing process and finalized much faster than they have this month. I'm not sure, but suspect that they may be short of editors right now. I hope that this is temporary, since I like the quick feedback (and quick payment once a shop is finalized.)

More typically, I often see feedback on the first shop I enter by the time that I am entering my third or fourth of that same day.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

IrisT

MI
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  05:51:51 AM  Visit IrisT's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow ~ thanks for the information, Cilla. I'm glad to know this is not the usual process.

Iris
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Chris2

Indianapolis, IN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  05:15:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'm finding this company a little frustrating. We're instructed not to email the schedulers about this, so I'm posting here to vent. I requested some shops over a week ago, and the applications are still pending, other than the one that was assigned to someone else. Funny thing is, one of these jobs had to be bonused last month because nobody wanted it. I'm considering deleting my applications and waiting to see if the same thing happens again.

I just don't understand what the scheduler is waiting for. It's true that I haven't shopped for them yet, so maybe that's the issue. But, I did first-time shops for 27 different MSCs over the last 30 days, and with none of them was there a significant delay in filling any of the jobs for which I applied. *shrug*

Chris
Go to Top of Page

IrisT

MI
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  05:21:03 AM  Visit IrisT's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am also very frustrated with them, Chris2. I completed my assignment, and as soon as I receive my pay, I plan to cancel the relationship.

Iris
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  05:51:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't see canceling a relationship because one shop was frustrating or because no shops have been assigned. I shop fulltime and know that this company is more loyal to their established shoppers than almost any other of the 200+ companies that I shop for. And, there is low or no turnover in their staff. So, I can have reliable, long term relationships with their schedulers. Yes, it took about a dozen shops with high scores to establish myself, on their very tight scoring system, but it has paid off many times over.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

IrisT

MI
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  08:27:29 AM  Visit IrisT's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Everyone gets to make his or her own decisions in life. For anyone who wants to why I made this decision after only one shop: I have been self-employed as a mystery shopper since 2001, and I earn over $35,000 a year. I’m not going to make that kind of money working for companies that only pay $15 for 3 – 4 hours of my time. I work for many companies too—only about 100 though, because I am picky.

Iris
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
351 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  3:22:23 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a phone assignment 06/11, made an error, and was still paid the fee of $12 on 06/15; 3 thumbs up for this MSC!

Bob
Go to Top of Page

IrisT

MI
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  02:28:57 AM  Visit IrisT's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow ~ $12 for a phone shop! The assignment I completed was mandatory 20 minutes onsite, over 30 questions, and a detailed narrative that addressed EVERY single question--not just the "no" answers, for only $15!

Since I had read good things about this company, I was surprised they would offer such low pay for top quality service. I was offended and disillusioned.

Iris
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer B
Trainee

CA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2010 :  07:59:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I originally was going to post this to give positive feedback with CSE but now I am not sure whether to be annoyed or alarmed.

In a nutshell: Been MSing for a long time, I have been shopping with CSE for a while now, Shopper Rating of 9, performed a certain shop multiple times. In May, performed that shop on Thursday, got home to fill out report when realized I had not asked the "required question." Could not figure out how I could have forgotten that then realized that while I had received the writing guideline from the scheduler, I had not received the required question/guidelines - again, this was a first so we both dropped the ball here as CSE is typically great. Emailed ASAP the scheduler asking how we could fix this. Heard nothing back, noticed my shop and two other of the same shops in different cities were up for grabs the next day.
Again nothing back from CSE, emailed Scheduler again that evening (Friday) as my log now stated "shopper would not be paid as did not ask required question." I was annoyed as the Scheduler had not sent the question, and this comment implied that I had flaked on the assignment. On Monday, Scheduler finally got back with me holding to the fact that as stated in the parameters, I should not have performed the shop w/out the required question. After the little help Scheduler, and subsequent not taking responsibility for providing the question to me, I asked for reimbursement of just the the $2.95 as we had both not followed the protocol. No feedback from CSE at all. I further pointed out that as per CSE's typical protocol, if the scheduler does not receive receipt confirmation of the guidelines from Shopper, the shop is removed, which it wasn't.

Long story short, I received total compensation of the $15.95 for the shop the very next day!

While kudos to CSE for their prompt full payment, here's what concerns and greatly disappoints me: I noticed that I no longer received ANY shop updates from CSE, which I found to be unprofessional. I also have applied for 3 subsequent different shops and have not received any of them. Yesterday, I went into my Shopper Profile and saw that someone had actually turned my email preferences to OFF. I did not do this, nor did I receive one of the usual "account update" emails from the sassie specific site informing me of this change.

Frankly, I am not sure if I should be concerned with security here as someone else went into my Profile, or did they just take me off the email list from their corporate end?

Jennifer B.
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

IrisT

MI
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2010 :  12:54:58 PM  Visit IrisT's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jennifer,

My guess is that they turned the notifications off without giving any value to your history or communicating with you. I have done business with other companies that behave this way too. It frustrates me when I am expected to maintain perfection for next to nothing pay, and the people I work with are not professional and/or respectful. That is one of the reasons I have chosen not to work with CSE, as well as many other companies.

Some people might say to give it another chance, or that they have good shops; however, for me, it is not worth the frustration. I am intelligent, professional, and respectful, and I expect the same in return.

Iris
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  04:59:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jennifer,
I suggest that you call CSE and ask to speak with whoever is scheduling the next shop that you want. Just tell her/him that you had a mutual misunderstanding on the occasion of your last shop and that you would like to renew your previously good mutual relationship. This is neither groveling nor demanding and will probably do the trick.

My relationship with their shedulers (and I think I have worked with all of them in 216 completed shops) has been excellent. I call when I need an answer fast. Then I follow-up with an email for the record. Unlike some MSCs, their folks always seem willing to talk on the phone.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Phil
Apprentice

Corinth, TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  7:32:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ive done a few shops for CSE and find them to be an ethical company. They usually pay within two weeks, which is outstanding in this industry. One of their clients is a golf course management company that has a great course in the Dallas area that I do occasionally.

North Texas Phil
Go to Top of Page

JAngler64
Valued Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  12:31:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can understand that some people might get frustrated with a company from time to time. From my experience, CSE is a company that has schedulers and managers that are responsive to the shopper. If I have a question or concern, someone from the office is there to talk or email during business hours. Are the individual shop fees the highest in the industry? No, but normally a shopper can group quite a few together to make the total trip worthwhile. The guidelines are specific, and it makes the reporting easier, so there are fewer back and forths with the editors.

I have worked with most of the office staff, and was a guest in their office one day when I was in their area. So, I also got the opportunity to meet the schedulers face to face. I continue to work regularly with CSE, and am looking forward to shop 1000 (one thousand) with them. At the moment, I am just over 970 shops completed with them since 2004.

Jeff
MSPA Gold Certified aacxgi
Shopping Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, NY to Washington, DC
Go to Top of Page

Vonni
Valued Contributor

NC
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  5:33:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have just completed my 2nd shop with CSE. The first one I did was 3 years ago, and it took 5 months to receive payment. This latest one, the payment was posted in 12 days. NICE improvement!

Yvonne
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

LuciCCham
Star Contributor

Shaker Heights, Ohio
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  08:17:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Vonni. I agree about the fast pay. I did two shops, one on July 10,2010 and another on July 11, 2010. The payment for both posted to my PayPal account on July 15, 2010.

Luci
MSPA Gold Certified
Consumer Services Evaluator
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
283 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  08:12:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever done one of CSE's shops that require you to call the coordinator 48 hours in advance? I have two of them to do tomorrow, so I should have called yesterday, but I overlooked that requirement somehow because I was running around all day yesterday on errands and MS-ing. Now I don't know what to do because the phone number is (of course) only reachable Mon.-Fri. The job guidelines say "If you do not call in for your phone recap, your evaluation will be re-assigned." However, their system did send a reminder at 5am this morning, so it looks like I have not been bumped off these shops ... yet. Maybe they aren't strict about it? Anyone know? I left a message today, so hopefully it won't count against me, but I'm not sure if I should go and do the shops tomorrow anyway (which is my inclination) or wait til I talk to someone on Monday.

Fooey, I hate when I do stuff like that.

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums