Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Terry in NC

NC
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  07:29:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been patiently waiting for either John or Greg from Mystique Shopper to return my emails and phone calls since June 22. I never received my April payment, despite my payment history showing that I was paid over two months ago.

Advice please! Thanks!

Kanga
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
250 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  07:39:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think I would be waiting around for them to call you back any longer. I would go to their website to find their phone number and give them a call. I wouldn't ask for John or Greg since they were likely your schedulers, but would ask to speak to someone in their accounting or payroll department about a payment that may have got lost in the mail as they show you were paid but you never received that payment.

MSPA Gold Certified #xixazy
Go to Top of Page

Terry in NC

NC
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  08:25:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your reply Kanga. Unfortunately, I have already left two voice mails for John and three emails for Greg. To date I've only received automatic email responses with empty promises about getting back to me.
Go to Top of Page

Terry in NC

NC
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2004 :  10:48:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: I received a Paypal payment from Mystique today!
Go to Top of Page

AShuman
Star Contributor

Gastonia, NC
USA
448 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  10:31:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have recently signed up with Mystique...

I was wondering if any of you have any additional comments on working for them? They have monthly shops in my area, which look like fun. I just hate to accept a bunch of shops from a company that is an "unknown" to me.

Thank you!

Alison
MSPA Gold 2006
Shopping Greater Charlotte, Gastonia, and the Upstate of SC.
Go to Top of Page

MrsKenna
Star Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  10:50:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are a good company and typically pay in 2 to 3 days. I would take the shops!

CALIFORNIA- Oxnard, Camarillo, Ventura, Port Hueneme and neighboring cities
Go to Top of Page

Jen_in_MD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  10:52:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done a number of shops for Mystique and love working for them! The instructions and forms have been clear and easy to understand, and I've never had any payment issues with them. I would definitely recommend this company.

MSPA Gold certified: #5bqyg3
Specializing in hotel, spa, and fine dining evaluations throughout MD, DC, and Northern VA
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6499 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  5:11:26 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love working for them. I have never had any type of issue what so ever. They are supportive and I have always had great communication with them. They pay faster most.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Kimmme
Star Contributor

Costa Mesa, CA
USA
399 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2004 :  10:15:21 AM  Send Kimmme an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also love them. The longest they've ever taken to pay was 5 or 6 days, via PayPal. No complaints here except not enough shops!

Kim
MSPA Gold 8/2004
Shopping in Orange County, CA
Go to Top of Page

AShuman
Star Contributor

Gastonia, NC
USA
448 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2004 :  10:53:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your comments!

I completed my first shop with them yesterday... I have to admit, that despite everyones' assurances of speedy communication, etc., I was stunned when just a few short hours after submitting my online report, I had a message that my shop grade was 9/10, and a thank you for "nice reporting."

I have had to wait months for grades from some companies. I think I will enjoy working for this company!

Alison
MSPA Gold 2006
Go to Top of Page

BonnieK.
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2004 :  11:02:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a restaurant shop for this company in October. Several previous postings state the company usually pays within a few days. It has been over 45 days since this shop. I have sent an email but as of yet have not gotten a response. Is it typical to wait so long for reimbursement on a restaurant shop?

Happy Holidays

Bonnie
MSPA SILVER
Go to Top of Page

ChristiAS
Contributor

Round Rock, TX
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2004 :  12:05:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done restaurant shops for them in the past and never had a problem receiving payment. I would get in touch with them and see what's going on.

Christi

Shopping Austin and Surrounding Areas
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

AShuman
Star Contributor

Gastonia, NC
USA
448 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  10:08:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped for them several times now. They do state that they give themselves 45 days to pay, so I would not be concerned yet. I realize business is business, but with the holiday season, maybe things have gotten hectic?

Are you paid via paypal? Have you checked your account? Paypal has not been sending notices that I have recieved cash about 50% of the time, lately. I have had to make it a priority to check paypal at least once a week, since the emails aren't coming through.

Alison
MSPA Gold 2006
Go to Top of Page

BonnieK.
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  06:38:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Allison,
After your suggestion I checked my paypal account but the fee was not in my account. It has now been 72 hours since I emailed the company regarding my payment issue, but they have not responded. I am not sure if their 72 hour time frame includes weekends (I emailed late on Friday 12/10) so I am giving them one more day before I send another email.

Happy Holidays!

Bonnie
MSPA SILVER
Go to Top of Page

DeborahW
Star Contributor

Bellevue, WA
USA
778 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  9:13:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only done one shop for them, but had the same experience with quick reporting. I turned my shop in about 9PM one Friday night and had a grade back the next morning (Saturday!). They paid via PayPal a week or so after the job listed as paid on the site.

Forty-five days isn't extremely long to wait. I do regular restaurant shops for one company that takes about 3 months to pay. I don't like to wait so long, but I love the restaurants and the scheduler, so I do them anyway.

MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in hotel, restaurant and bar shops in Seattle and the Eastside since 2004
Go to Top of Page

SAnne
Contributor

CA
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  4:40:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My last two shops with Mystique have been much slower to receive payment than in the past. I emailed them and they responded that they paid within 45 days of the shop.So sorry to say they now rank with the many slower companies to pay. How do I get back on their pay in 2-3 days list?

MSPA silver certified!
Breast cancer survivor
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  5:21:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SAnne and DeborahW, thank you so much for your posts! I was beginning to think I was the only one. To be fair, I guess the downside to paying so qucikly (CoRI is another comapny that also comes to mind) is that it seems to the shopper that you are "late" when you pay turnaround becomes more, shall I say, average. I've also completed a shop or two with the fantastic, three day payment. But my latest was over 45 days ago, a last-minute shop. I e-mailed twice and called once. When I received an e-mail reply, I was told that Mystique does not accept shopper calls, despite the fact that their number is plainly posted on their site and that an operator for their answering service told me otherwise. I was also glibly told that if I check the policies (regarding payment), they work quite well. Anyway, I'm sure they will pay but it is so ironic that this is going on after I voted for them as "fastest paying MS Company"--JYNX!!

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
656 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  7:47:29 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle1975

I was also glibly told to check...the policies (regarding payment)... I'm sure they will pay but it is so ironic that this is going on after I voted for them as "fastest paying MS Company"--JYNX!!
I am another shopper that voted for them as "fastest" after receiving lightening fast payment in the past.
I am still waiting on $40 from two 12/6 shops. When I emailed I received two responses, one from John that it can take up to blah, blah ...and one from someone I did not know reprimanding me since I obviously did not read the policy statement. Well, I did read it, but Mystique is usually SO FAST to pay. I was already graded, but the shops were still sitting in my application screen & I really did wonder if there had been a mix up.
I guess it is a (backhanded?) compliment that we actually expect them to pay so fast!
UPDATE:12/3 shops paid 1/12; 5/13 not paid as of 6/16....I posted a similar question on their forum late May 05...no reply.....

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Shopping Gwinnett, Hall and Jackson Counties in Georgia
Go to Top of Page

SoCalShirley

Ventura, CA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  8:48:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love Mystique - I just wish they had more opportunities for me to shop for them. They pay quickly and post grades quickly.

Shirley
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Ventura County
Go to Top of Page

LizNorth

Nicholasville, KY
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  08:29:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just completed a shop for them 15 days ago and needed to check things out here because this is my first shop with them and it says "paid 4-18-05" on the log. BUT . . . I haven't been paid yet. So do I just hang tight for about 30 more days?

How long has it been for you until you've been paid?

Liz

Liz North . . . shopping Nicholasville and Lexington KY. . . silver certified 8sxjre
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6499 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  10:29:40 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you have direct deposit set up correctly with them?

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums