Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KristenH
Star Contributor

Palm Springs, CA
USA
382 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2004 :  07:27:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you've heard anything about this company, please post information. I'm interested in registering, however they ask for "anonymous" registration of a credit card and bank account...this seems very suspicious to me. Thanks for any information you have.

Kristen

CorrineW
Star Contributor

WA
USA
285 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2004 :  2:05:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are talking about American Consumer Opinion Panel, they are listed here on Volition and have a separate thread. I did a lot of surveys for them, and was paid for several of them. Unfortunately, I no longer receive e-mails from them and am no longer in their data base. My suspicion is that my ISP (netzero) has changed spam filters and enough e-mails bounced back to deactivate my account. I've never been able to find a live e-mail so I could troubleshoot this (same thing happened to me with Netzero and Archondev which handles the Prophet e-mails but was able to get tech people involved) and reapplying hasn't helped. I enjoyed the surveys that I did, and most paid an average of about $4 - $6. I don't remember having to give any credit card/bank account info, the payments I received were by check. I would gladly do more surveys for this company.

Corrine
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2004 :  8:37:25 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is the link to the other thread:

Feedback Requested: American Consumer Opinion

Are there 2 companies with similar names?
Go to Top of Page

CathyInMD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
441 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  03:13:46 AM  Visit CathyInMD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It looks like there is another company with a similar name.

I did not receive an invitation to join. Maybe this is the company that is asking for the credit card and bank account information.

I do know that American Consumer Opinion (acop.com) does not ask for credit card and bank account information.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping In Maryland
xiffkw
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Follow Volition.com on Facebook.
click here

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums