Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 What Merchandising Companies Have You Travel to Different Cities (and pay for it) ?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ElizabethR.
Apprentice

West Springfield, MA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  05:00:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello!

I'm interested in finding a merchandising job with a company that has you travel to different cities/states and is willing to pay for mileage, food, and lodging. I just left my last company because the travel time was 2 hours one way or more before they would put you up. Anybody know of any companies that are hiring for experienced resetters/planogrammers?

Aadam101
Valued Contributor

Lynn, MA
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  8:12:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think I saw on Narms.com that Crossmark was looking for people.
Go to Top of Page

LoriJennings
Star Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2003 :  10:44:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I believe SPAR pays for the things you mentioned. They are looking for people in most states right now. Check the job board on NARMS for more info.
Go to Top of Page

SJuneW
Trainee

Collinsville, Virginia
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  1:30:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Accent Merchandising says that they offer to pay for lodging and travel expenses plus offer a daily expense allowance. They also say they offer medical and dental insurance and no previous experience is required!

Sandra J. Williams
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
286 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  9:29:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have updated information on any companies that offer travel merchandising positions? I would be interested in travel reset teams or solo work that requires extensive travel-as long as travel expenses are fully reimbursed. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Patty-Recruiter
Valued Contributor

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  10:17:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laura_In_Az

Does anyone have updated information on any companies that offer travel merchandising positions? I would be interested in travel reset teams or solo work that requires extensive travel-as long as travel expenses are fully reimbursed. Thanks.
Try these:
www.sassstaffing.com
www.barrypromotions.com

Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  4:48:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Crossmark pays for travel. I am on a dedicated team that covers several states. When a rep quits, gets fired or whatever, they still want the stores serviced. I drive 4 hours to get to the first store,service as many as possible in alloted time, get a hotel, eat my meals, and all are reimbursed. We get paid drivetime, mileage and I love getting away from the local stuff on ocassion. If I could do this all the time, Id never be home and the best part is--it helps my RM maintain a desired completion rate.
Go to Top of Page

DaveZ

Hesperia, CA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  8:20:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Personal opinion: always do your research on the company that offers all the above, if the hotel is paid in advance and you can verify it do so, I choose our projects and do the negotiating, I either have a hotel card or verify room and that the room has been paid, I have had a few try to stiff me on this, nothing worse than being 200 miles away from home and have to pay for a room that you were told was reserved, yeah it can be reserved but it still needs to be paid for, as far as comps you won't know till your first pay day, was everything paid, did you get reimbursed for your expenses?
A couple of guidelines:
Make sure everything is agreed in advance, such as:
Hotels.
Mileage/drive pay.
Meals.
Pay dates.
Job Expectations.
An example:
I was offered a flat rate per week, I figured out my expenses, mileage and drive time (for a team of 2), let them see what the numbers were (excel), they came back with a better set of numbers agreeable to both of us so we took the project (5 -6 weeks and they get the job done (we've worked for them b-4 and had good reviews) after that start
a project with our regular employer (we were laid off for 3 months) and go from there, the big thing is research, this site so far has been the best place to find info that I have found, so it's a great place to start!
Z
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums