Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

ChrissyLou
Valued Contributor

IN
USA
116 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  7:20:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a search for Trendsource but couldn't find much information here on Volition. Anyone have any input on whether or not this is a good company to work with? Do they pay quickly and/or on time?

Their web address is www.Trendsource.com

Many thanks!

Chris

Shopping Central and Southern Indiana
MSPA Silver Certified

PennyW
Contributor

NH
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  7:27:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Trendsource is a wonderful company to work for. The staff are really nice, shop instructions are well written, the response time for shopper support is usually well under the 24 hours stated on the website, reports are quick and easy, AND they pay quickly!

Penny

Penny
Go to Top of Page

VickiA
Star Contributor

Rapid City, SD
USA
845 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  7:39:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I LOVE Trendsource! They are a great company and pay like clock work.

Silver Shopper ID# 3akxzg Shopping Rapid City South Dakota and surrounding areas!
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  7:42:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ditto what Penny said. I've found they pay in less than 30 days and they are really great about returning phone calls promptly. I love working for them!

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

Rachael Collinsworth
Star Contributor

Winchester, Kentucky
USA
403 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  8:04:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do shops for TrendSource every month and have found them to be wonderful with paying on time and problems that arise with shops. They are always very responsive. At first I was put off by their warning about being penalized [decrease in fee] if there are problems or clarification issues with your shop. It sounded to me like a way to cut a shop fee to shreds. But, I was wrong. In all the shops I have done [literally dozens], I have only been penalized once and it was indeed a mistake on my part. I don't hesitate to snatch available shops in my area.
This company is definately

Rachael Collinsworth
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping much of Central KY
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  8:11:46 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
My absolute favorite.If you are lucky enough to get work from them, count your blessings. They are loyal, honest, quick to help, quick to pay and completely professional. They have great schedulers and great shops. I can not say enough good things about them.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

KellyinReddingCA

Redding, CA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  8:24:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Trendsource is one of my favorite companies! They have fun and fair paying shops. I highly recommend them.

Kelly Mitchell
Silver Certified 3uhslx
Gold Certified nqwo7j
Go to Top of Page

Merrl
Star Contributor

CA
USA
535 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  10:47:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like them also, although the fees are a bit low. The schedulers are great and payments are very prompt.
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Contributor

NJ
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  05:13:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe the assignments everyone else here gets pay far better than the ones I've seen. I've only seen the "self select" and the pay scale is horrible!

Harry
Go to Top of Page

DonnaYarb
Valued Contributor

Bonaire, GA
USA
244 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  05:36:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Harry

Maybe the assignments everyone else here gets pay far better than the ones I've seen. I've only seen the "self select" and the pay scale is horrible!

I've been shopping for them for over a year and I've never seen "self select" jobs for them. They've always been "request" and I've been happy with the fees I've had. I will say that this is my favorite company. They've always been on time with payment and available should any shop problem arise.

Donna

Donna Yarbrough
MSPA Silver Certification # 4xkrhh
Shopping In Central Georgia
Go to Top of Page

JeannieGA
Valued Contributor

Alpharetta, GA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  05:55:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Also they don't just add shoppers to their database. They only add new shoppers when old shoppers leave the area. They are loyal and once you start shopping with them you can count on getting the same shops every month or two based on rotation requirements. You might only get a couple of shops initially but as you show your commitment you will gradually get more shops. Their shops aren't the highest paying but their forms are very easy to fill out. One of my favorite companies. They also pay twice a month by automatic bank deposit.

Jeannie in GA
Go to Top of Page

JudithSGill
Valued Contributor

Henderson, KY
USA
110 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  05:59:07 AM  Visit JudithSGill's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to echo the other thoughts posted here. This is one of my favorite companies to shop for. The pay may be lower than some other shops, but the forms are also very straightforward and fast to fill out. Many of them have no narrative at all. I work for them every chance I get.

Judith S Gill
Owner, Summit Scheduling and Editing
Go to Top of Page

Paula Kutka
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1671 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  06:29:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Trendsource is a two thumbs up company. I have been with them for a year of a variety of types of shops. Payment is always prompt and through direct deposit. I have been offered stuff that is not posted on their board and that was after about a year. I can tell by the way I get assigned shops now that loyalty is present with Trendsource and the loyalty works both ways. Also, they have been sending some emails thanking me for shops done. This I find very rare.

Paula
Gold Certified shopping the Houston/Galveston area and IAH Airport since 2002
Go to Top of Page

SoCalColleen
Valued Contributor

Ca
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  12:06:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a great company! One of the top on my list. They are fair and loyal to their contractors, and I can count on a speedy reply via email or telephone call from them when I have a problem or question, and likewise, if they call me with a special request, I do my best to see if I can compensate it, even rearrange my schedule, and drive hundreds of miles to get the job done.
In the scope of MS companies, the pay is REAL quick, tracked each step of the way so you know they received it (and it is poised to be deposited in a few days) and the owners are on site and quite participative. I had the great honor of going to their office last year and took a tour of their new facilities. Many of the employees remembered my name (as well as the project I did for them) and came over to say hello and said that it was nice to meet me in person. I felt like a special guest.
Recently, I was even sent a small thank you card in the mail! I've happily placed it on my desk.
Since 1999, quite loyal to them!
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
662 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  5:43:15 PM  Visit Dee in AZ's Homepage  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of the best companies out there. I love the ability to schedule most jobs over a span of weeks. The payment tracking on the website is great too.
And they are definitely loyal to their tried and true shoppers. I have also been offered regular jobs outside of the ones posted on the site.
The pay is on the low side but fair considering the simple forms and easy shops.

Dee
Ardent Services
Go to Top of Page

Patricia_IN
Valued Contributor

Peru, IN
USA
225 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  10:18:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just want to ditto what others have said. This is a great company to work for. I have shopped for them for five years and never hesitate to take any shops in my area. They are helpful and quick to respond when you have any questions and they pay like clock work.

shopping Logansport, Kokomo, Peru, Rochester, and Wabash
Go to Top of Page

ChrissyLou
Valued Contributor

IN
USA
116 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  8:27:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to all who replied. It's so nice to hear positive words about a company and I can only hope that Trendsource might be in need of a shopper in my area one day soon. I'll patiently await the call!

Chris

Shopping Central and Southern Indiana
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

.Sharon59
Inactive

Sebastian, FL
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2004 :  1:45:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have to add my . Trend Source has long been one of my favorite companies. Another benefit (besides all that has been said), is that they generally schedule a month in advance! Also, on every shop I have done, they ask for feedback, and they pay full price for a closed location! Who could ask for anything more??!!

Sharon
Shopping the treasure coast of Florida
silver certified 2x9kdv
Go to Top of Page

RebekahTN
Valued Contributor

McMinnville, TN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  9:05:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with everyone above. They are a great company to work with. I would like to add that they now let you upload receipts. If it is succesful you don't have to mail the paperwork in. They pay twice a month and will pay mileage for jobs out of your area if they can't find anyone closer to fill them. There is a place, when filling out request, to let them know you will travel for mileage payment. Lets them know you are willing to travel if need be. I like that they look for back up shoppers before the need arises as well.
My scheduler is great and friendly. He is able to talk me into anything. <sigh> LOL

Shopping and Merchandising in McMinnville, Manchester, Smithville, Tullahoma, Woodbury, Sparta, Cookeville and Murfreesboro Since April 2003.
MSPA Silver Certified # xxfuj7
Go to Top of Page

BBluhm

Austin, MN
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  10:00:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love them. I have been on the phone with them twice today about something I forgot (changing a bank info for direct deposit), and they are so sweet.

I don't have a lot of choices in my area, but did do a shop for them last week, when they called me. I figure if they went out of their way to ask me to do a shop, I would. Love these people.

Becky Bluhm
Go to Top of Page

Phyllis_fromTexas
Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  6:01:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love Trendsource! I was activated about a year ago when I was able to take two last minute jobs rather far from me. I was paid in a timely manner and I have been able to take other closer jobs. I recently had a sad thing happen when I came home on a Friday afternoon to find our 12 1/2 year old pet had died. We were devastated, and I emailed asking for an extension on my shops. They were so gracious and sympathetic, and I was able to do the shops the next weekend. They are wonderful!

MSPA Gold Certified cfstuc
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums