DebMI
Valued Contributor

Michigan
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  12:11:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PennyC

I am not too campy, but I would show up anywhere for the day....some camps you have to pay to enter even if you're not camping so if we take that into consideration I would go along with anything!
Hello, I am not in to camping or all day events but would love to meet you all. Do you ever get together for lunch or something like that?
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  6:31:58 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last year we met for lunch, and stayed for however long they wanted to. We had games in west michigan last year, don't know too much about the east michigan meeting

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

DebMI
Valued Contributor

Michigan
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  2:47:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cool, Ill keep an eye on this spot for anything I can make
Thanks Abe!
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  5:37:16 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do they have grills at that park? Shall we do potluck again this year? Might as well begin the prep

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  5:44:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll do a "drive by" and check it out this weekend Abe. I'll look for grills and tables. Anything else I should look for? I know they have frisbee golf and I see people fishing as well. I wouldn't eat anything out of the Grand River but each to his own.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  6:30:24 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
a playground for the kids? I was only there once when I was 4, then we moved to Florida..

Go to Top of Page

DebMI
Valued Contributor

Michigan
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  01:15:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shel

I'll do a "drive by" and check it out this weekend Abe. I'll look for grills and tables. Anything else I should look for? I know they have frisbee golf and I see people fishing as well. I wouldn't eat anything out of the Grand River but each to his own.

Uh, I would not recommend Riverside park
Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  05:58:38 AM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why Deb?

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Shopping Gwinnett, Hall and Jackson Counties in Georgia
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  06:44:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Uh, I would not recommend Riverside park
[/quote]

We would be about a half mile up from where the men pick up men if that's what you are thinking. My best friend lives across from the entrance and walks her dogs there all the time.
Go to Top of Page

DebMI
Valued Contributor

Michigan
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  09:02:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shel

We would be about a half mile up from where the men pick up men if that's what you are thinking. My best friend lives across from the entrance and walks her dogs there all the time.

HI! I could not come up with a way of putting it politely. Thank you
I am glad to hear you know of someone from the are to give it the thumbs up. Good that things have turned around.
We stopped our coporate functions there many years back because of the man for man thing and some other activities we were not comfortable having the kids in close proximity to.
Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  3:58:31 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gosh, maybe that's why I was never bothered when I went running there - not a man.
I don't want to go if people are not comfortable there.
Where else does someone suggest?

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  7:47:35 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
how about the zoo? Or did that move..There's a nice park in front of john ball zoo

Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  05:18:13 AM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Richmond Park has a pool (are those open this year in GR?) unless there are other things there that I don't know about too!

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Go to Top of Page

DebMI
Valued Contributor

Michigan
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  07:58:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Some pools are and some are not. Don't ask me which, but I could find out for sure.
Fallsburg is nice -not sure if that is too far for people.
1124 Fallasburg Road
Lowell, MI 49331
Phone: (616) 336-PARK (7275)

One of only two remaining covered bridges in Kent County is located here and supports auto traffic. This park is also the site of the Fallasburg Fall Festival. This juried arts and crafts festival is sponsored by the Lowell Area Arts Council and is held every year during the last weekend in September.

Park activities and facilities include: baseball diamonds, fishing, hiking, nature trails, an open shelterhouse, picnicking, playgrounds, an enclosed shelterhouse, and restrooms.

RESTROOMS are always a plus
Go to Top of Page

Marcia M. Suminski
Trainee

Warren, MI
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  09:34:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello, I've been mystery shopping since January 2005 and live in SE MI. I am interested in finding someone in the area with whom I can network.
I live in Macomb county to be specific.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  2:47:24 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You're welcome to join us at the BBQ if you want!

Ok, now's the time to start getting this thing together, this is like 3 weeks away.
Please e-mail me if you are coming, how many are coming, and if any kids (how many)

Also, we need to finalize where we want to have this at. I don't know where the other parks you mentioned are, I suggested the zoo.

Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  3:41:54 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone willing to come to the Kalamazoo area?

I forgot last year, the kids who came with me, their mom offered their house for our next get together. They live in a small farm with chickens and goats, have a swimming pool with diving board, plenty of room for kids to run around. THey have 4 kids still living at home, youngest being 4 1/2, they have a quad that is safe for kids, and some kind of fort. They have a very nice house, but at 4100 sq ft, what house wouldn't be nice?

Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  7:43:04 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lowell's Fallasburg is a nice park - I am up for any of the ones mentioned so far.
If we did the zoo maybe we wouldn't have to so much preparation for the kids.
It will be just me coming.
I have had a hard time getting the shops lately, so no brownies from the local bulk food shop this time....but I'll bring something!

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  07:02:45 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
ok Michigan wake up, this thing is a little more than 2 weeks away. We need to pick a place.

Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  09:25:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same thing Penny said, and the zoo might be closer for Abe.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums