Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  4:08:40 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live 20 mins from Kalamazoo, I live between Benton Harbor and Kalamazoo on i-94 by Decatur. I just say Kalamazoo because everyone has heard of that.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Theresa in MI
Contributor

Roscommon, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  4:37:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
no explosion here... I thought it was in the Detroit area???
We won't be able to make it ~ there was a confusion on my part about a shop that I now need to do on Sat....
Theresa

Silver Certified wfrxlk, Shopping Northern Michigan
Sunlark Researcher Manager
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  12:03:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So far we have:

Michelle 1 Cheesy Potato dish (High Cholesterol)/tableware
Penny 1 Brownies mmmmmmmmmm
Abe 1 Taco Salad (are your neighbors helping you make it??
Shane how many?
Mary Alene 4 Green Bean Casserole
Deb 1
Theresa - nope-bummer

Wow, I'm seeing a whopping 8 people so far, 5 adults and 3 kids, To grill or not to grill?? Hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, sandwiches??
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  1:10:56 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have an 8 gallon tank, not the conventional 12-15 gallons on most cars. I HATE it, having to fill up every day, or every 210 miles. It's the most annoying thing in the world almost!

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

MaryAlene
Valued Contributor

Grand Rapids, Michigan
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  1:16:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe I could round up the neighbor kids to bring the numbers up a bit.

Maryalene
Gold certified and shopping the Grand Rapids and Lansing, Michigan areas.
Go to Top of Page

DebMI
Valued Contributor

Michigan
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  1:29:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlueAbe

I have an 8 gallon tank, not the conventional 12-15 gallons on most cars. I HATE it, having to fill up every day, or every 210 miles. It's the most annoying thing in the world almost!

Oh that sux! Im sorry! I hate going to the gas station even once a week. The only thing that makes it "tolerable" is pay at the pump. Cars can raise my blood pressure at times or GAS prices. My old car got 7 MPH! Needless to say that one didnt go too far!
I would hate to miss seeing the infamous ABE!
Go to Top of Page

DebMI
Valued Contributor

Michigan
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  1:31:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaryAlene

Maybe I could round up the neighbor kids to bring the numbers up a bit.

So I guess "adult" beverages are out <G>
Somone please post some suggestions what is needed that I can bring.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  6:11:56 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
$2.59 at the gas station. Any more, and I gotta pass. There's no way. Y'all live in Grand Rapids (I think) or close to. I'm not even traveling to do mystery shops anymore unless I have a huge bulk of them.

Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  6:31:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've already bought food and stuff but......with 4 adults - would it be easier to meet somewhere for lunch? It looks like we are down to Penny, Mary Alene and kids, Deb and me. Also - what should we do if it rains?
Go to Top of Page

MaryAlene
Valued Contributor

Grand Rapids, Michigan
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  6:38:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty open to whatever you guys want. (I know, that's oh so helpful).

Maryalene
Go to Top of Page

DebMI
Valued Contributor

Michigan
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  01:03:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaryAlene

I'm pretty open to whatever you guys want. (I know, that's oh so helpful).

Same here.
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  03:27:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Where would your kiddies be most comfortable if inside? I can't remember their ages - or my neices or nephews.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  05:53:23 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
2,4, and 6 i think they were

Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  12:09:27 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know it can be expensive to dine out with kids....and they might get bored?
We had better let MA decide.

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Shopping Gwinnett, Hall and Jackson Counties in Georgia
Go to Top of Page

DebMI
Valued Contributor

Michigan
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  1:13:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PennyC

I know it can be expensive to dine out with kids....and they might get bored?
We had better let MA decide.

My thoughts exactly.
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  1:20:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thats what I wondered - ok back to the park if it's not raining. Are hot dogs a safe bet for the kids or does that gross others out?
Go to Top of Page

MaryAlene
Valued Contributor

Grand Rapids, Michigan
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  1:43:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I appreciate you guys trying to work around my kids, but I don't want them to dictate what we do. The park would be easier, but if everyone prefers to go someplace to eat, that's ok too. I wish my DH was home tomorrow so I could just leave the kids with him, but he's not. I could either bring the kids and make an early exit if they act up or if you would rather have lunch without the distraction of the kids, maybe we can do a family event at a later date?

Maryalene
Go to Top of Page

MaryAlene
Valued Contributor

Grand Rapids, Michigan
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  1:46:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
And I just want to add that I am really ok with whatever you guys decide. If it doesn't work out for the kids this time, it's just an excuse for us to get together again in the near future.

Maryalene
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  1:49:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I actually like a hot dog once in a while, it would probably be easy to do on the grills. I'm open to whatever, just don't want to be a dictator.

So - are we on for the park at 12:30 on 8/13/05 you musketeers?? Or could all of us and Shane make it next weekend? If it rains, it will be another time.

I'd be happy to pick up dogs, buns and charcoal tonight. I can bring condiments as well. Deb - are you up for veggies/dip or fruit or anything else you can think of????? We won't need a ton since theres just a few of us. I can't wait to meet you after all this foruming.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  1:54:57 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd really like to come, but you know how it is with gas prices. I just put in a change of address from my PO box 14 miles away to come to the trailer park I'm in to conserve gas. I spend over $400 a month as it is on gasoline, and every time the gas price goes up, so does that expense.

Maybe we could do a Christmas party in December, gas prices should be much lower by then. I bet I could come up with some weird games like the skittles spit and the ping pong soccer that we did last year!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums