Page: of 17

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  7:19:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,
Actually, it is just out side of Marine City on the St. Clair River. How do I know, Kathleen is my sister. I will be there too . It will be fun getting to know everyone. I did meet a few shoppers at the Livonia workshop the end of May, but most of them were from Ohio and Western Michigan. Hope to meet some of you from this side of the state.

See you all there.

Peggy L
MSPA Gold Certified #irkurx
Shopping and Merchandising SE Michigan
Macomb, St Clair, Oakland, & Lapeer Counties
Go to Top of Page

Terri-MI
Contributor

Ann Arbor, MI
USA
90 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  7:21:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I remember you peggy!! And now that I think of it you too Kathleen!! You sat in the same row as me!! Kathleen, it is really generous of you to offer up your place. I hope I can make it too!

MSPA GOLD Certified #rh5jqm. Happy to serve Ann Arbor Michigan and surrounding areas!
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  7:31:20 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If anyone else is thinking, PLEASE let me know asap! I'm making up the list now, so we know how many to expect!! You can also e-mail me blueabe162 AT yahoo.com (change at to @..avoiding the spam bots)

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  7:41:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I remember you too Terri. Hope you can make it. It will be nice to see you again and catch up on how things are going with you.

Peggy L
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  11:33:31 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still need to hear from Jody, Jennifer, and Jeff about the bbq for August!! Can't wait to see everyone. Only a couple weeks to go!

September get together.. Here's a idea. I've already cleared it with Kathleen, soo..who's up for camping for the night on those 6 acres by the lake that she is on?

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  06:33:23 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shane- add two more adults, 1-9 year old, and 1-2 year old.

Concerning August BBQ only- So everyone doesn't bring the same thing, any have any ideas what they will bring as a side dish to pass for August get together?

BTW, although the idea seems to be popular, I can't provide asprin for adults ;-) in the grab bags.

We will be bringing artichoke dip and chips. Frankly, that sounds icky! But that's what my family I'm bringing with wants to bring.

Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  08:46:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sounds great!

My secretary, Abe (lololol) is sending out everyone directions to my house along with my address/phone number. If you don't get this email, let me know.

See you next Saturday!

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Western Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  08:50:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm bringing pretzel salad (fruity dessert). Let me know if I need to bring something to throw on a grill.
Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  09:54:26 AM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will be bringing the yummy brownies from the wholesale food market I will be doing that weekend!
I know it's food from a shop, but I LOVE those brownies!

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Shopping Gwinnett, Hall and Jackson Counties in Georgia
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  9:41:29 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shel, you're not on the guest list, because you never e-mailed me to let me know you are coming, or how many are coming with you!! ;-)

Directions and stuff will be done sometime this weekend. Sleep is more important at the moment. :-D

Go to Top of Page

Theresa in MI
Contributor

Roscommon, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  11:21:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll bring a pasta salad. the folks will probably bring baked beans. Mom's a shopper, but doesn't post much.
Haven't received directions yet - wake up Abe!! LOL
Theresa E

Silver Certified wfrxlk, Shopping Northern Michigan
Sunlark Researcher Manager
Go to Top of Page

MaryAlene
Valued Contributor

Grand Rapids, Michigan
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  5:09:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ooooh, Penny beat me to the brownies - that's what I was going to bring. So now I am open for requests - anyone have any suggestions?

Maryalene
Gold certified and shopping the Grand Rapids and Lansing, Michigan areas.
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  5:11:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,
I am so sorry to have to inform you that my sister Kathleen had to under go emergency quadruple by-pass surgery Friday afternoon. The surgery took seven hours to complete. She had a crisis last night, but the ICU unit pulled her through. She doing much better today and is sitting up already. I'm not sure about the picnic in September, but please just put it on hold for a while. If I know her,if there is any way to pull this off she will.
Abe, thanks for all your time and help you have been given her to get this party going. She has told me several times how much she appreciates it.
Please keep Kathy in your thoughts. If anyone would like to send her an email, her address is listed on this site

Peggy L
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  4:21:10 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I believe I have e-mailed everyone that has told me they were coming. Directions and such were e-mailed FINALLY!!
Just a run down:
Shel, Theresa, Jodi, LauraBin, Mary Alene, Penny, Sue, Shane, and I will be there.
14 kids will be there at least(poor Shane). See you all in a week.

Go to Top of Page

MaryAlene
Valued Contributor

Grand Rapids, Michigan
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  06:45:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness - I am so sorry to hear about Kathleen. I hope she is better soon. :(

FOr the picnic, I'll be bringing green bean casserole. See you all then!

Maryalene
Gold certified and shopping the Grand Rapids and Lansing, Michigan areas.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  2:09:34 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Suggestions to bring: Baked beans, bbq beans, potato salad, jello salad, cookies ( You'd be my favorite person there!!), veggie tray, fruit, chips, endless possibility. Just don't bring liver or spinich.

Oh, and at Shane's request, bring your own drinks :-) Don't forget to thank her for hosting the first Michigan bbq!!

Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  2:42:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh Abe! I have almost that many kids here everyday anyway. What is a few more??

My husband requests that everyone bringing their working gloves and boots. We've finished roofing one of the garages this weekend and have another one to go!!

BTW, Abe's directions were great -- but he forgot to tell you to turn RIGHT off the highway, before turning left at the cow pasture. I'm the 4th house on the left. Look for the house with shingles everywhere!

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Western Michigan
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  3:32:34 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey now, that's the directions I got from Microsoft Streets and maps!!

Always knew I couldn't trust Microsoft.

Go to Top of Page

Sue-MI
Contributor

Muskegon, MI
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  8:29:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will bring potato salad and jello.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  06:28:20 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have any more questions, please direct them to Shane. I'm off to St Louis for the next 3 days for a 70 shop run (and no sleep yay). I will probably not be online again until Friday afternoon. See y'all Saturday!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums