Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

JillinMichigan
Contributor

Washington Township, MI
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  06:56:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If Kathleen does not feel better to get together in September or even October, I would be happy to host a party on this side of the state. I live 2 blocks away from Westview Apple Orchard & Cider Mill (there are animals and mini-hay rides for the kids also). This place was featured on Keith Famie's show on the Food Network (does he still have a show?) a while back when his 15 minutes were not up just yet from his Survivor stint (remember, he's from Michigan - I used to work with one of his cousins). FYI Abe - I told you I live about 15-20 miles from Warren. I live about 25 miles or so from Kathleen in China Township (and 10 miles from Peggy in Armada). I think you might have mixed up China Township with Washington Township where I live. There are alot of suburbs of Detroit with the word Township in them - lol. I hope you all have a good time on the 14th!

MSPA Gold Certified shopper - shop and merchandise in Metro Detroit and Port Huron areas
Go to Top of Page

LauraBinMichigan

MI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  10:39:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Looks like I might not be able to make it either, Abe. If things change and I CAN come, I will let you know.

Jill, maybe I can make it to yours. I live in Clarkston. You and I met in Toledo at the Gold seminar, I believe. I think we sat next to each other, and Shel sat on my other side.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

StacyFourn
Trainee

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  07:44:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am newbie to all of this mystery shopping business. I am from Michigan though so does that mean I am invited? This sounds like a lot of fun! Let me know
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  08:55:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Stacy - of COURSE you are! Where in Michigan do you live/shop?

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Western Michigan
Go to Top of Page

StacyFourn
Trainee

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2004 :  08:26:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i live south of Grand Rapids so I shop west michigan. Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, Grand Rapids, Portage, and Kalamazoo. ANyone else from around this area?
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2004 :  9:06:48 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ahh competition.
Can you believe I just did 75 stores in 2 1/2 days? I managed to do 4 days worth of stores in 2 1/2 days..man, I'm good! Oh, and I'm tired too. See you all Saturday. Shane, I'll be calling you sometime tommorrow (if I remember).

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  04:47:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Abe -- you are like the Energizer bunny -- you keep going and going and going.

Stacy F. I live 10 minutes north of GR. Nice to meet a fellow Michigander. I you can make it to the Michigan get together, email me through Volition and I'll get you directions!

Hope to see you then.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

StacyFourn
Trainee

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  10:18:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i would love to come. 75 shops!! That is insane. Is this the only job you have?
Go to Top of Page

Kathleen
Valued Contributor

Southeast Michigan
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  11:24:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to tell everyone to have a great time tommorrow and take lots of pictures.

JillinMichigan I am going to take you up on your offer to host the party on this side of Michigan next month.
I am thinking that I should be recouperated enough to help you with the planning but not enough to actually host it.

email me when you want to start putting everything together.

Have FUN everyone

Kathleen
Merchandising & Shopping Southeast Michigan
MSPA GOLD Certified #adoiuc
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  11:49:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kathleen - I was meaning to email you and tell you I was sorry you had been out of sorts. I can't imagine having surgery and already being back at it! Take care and we'll supply the pictures.

StacyF -- still waiting on an email from you. I'd love to supply you directions and my phone number.

Can't wait to see everyone!

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  1:16:21 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sent her a e-mail last night with my #, but she didn't call. I dunno, I won't send directions to someones house without hearing from them first..you never know who's out there.

BTW, Shane, phone tag, you're it! I left my cell phone this time lol

If you read this before you leave..Have kids bring extra change of clothes, in case it's warm. There may be a possibe water ballon fight/water fight!

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  5:10:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a great time getting to finally meet all of you! I am SO full. Next time we'll have to go for a walk afterwards! lol

Abe, let us know when you post the pictures.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  11:42:28 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
We had a great time over at Shane's house. Everyone got to meet everyone, and the food was great! Shane was a very good host. It was awesome seeing a innocent discussion become a reality, and hopefully many more get togethers to come. I'm looking forward to the one in Sept on the other side of the state, and hopefully begin putting together a larger one in Lansing. The idea for Lansing, would be around the end of October or so, as a halloween party! Instead of trick or treating, just get the candy there. Everyone can come in their costumes and stuff. This wouldn't be just for Michigan shoppers, but for any shopper out there. We will probably check into renting a hall, so we may ask for a couple dollars in donations to help pay for it. More to come on this.

Now that the first one is past, the second one can get planned.

Go to Top of Page

Cath
Star Contributor

USA
703 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2004 :  08:15:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear it went well. We thought you might have shown up to chat last night to fill us in. How many shoppers were there?
Colleen is working on the NY/NJ one and the Texas crews are working on some in their areas.

MSPA "Go To Shopper" 2006
MSPA Gold Certified, July 2003.
MSPA Gold Certified Shoppers Panel, Washington, DC, November 7, 2003.
Specializing in hotels, resorts and restaurants since 2002.
Go to Top of Page

Theresa in MI
Contributor

Roscommon, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2004 :  09:16:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If I counted right (and my memory is right!) there were 8 shoppers, some spouses, and a slew of kids. The food was plentiful and great! The company was fantastic. I enjoyed getting to meet everyone!
Theresa E ("in MI" is not my last name )

Silver Certified wfrxlk, Shopping Northern Michigan
Sunlark Researcher Manager
Go to Top of Page

Sue-MI
Contributor

Muskegon, MI
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  11:56:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Theresa, That is too funny. But, I will stick to my -Mi last name. Also, thank you for the ornaments. They are great!

Shane, Thank you for opening your home to us. It was a good time and everyone was so friendly. We all had a lot in common too...SHOPPING! . The food was great and the kids had a blast. I think the husbands even enjoyed hanging out. Oh, and Kurt was a great chef. Kudos to him for cooking all of the meat for us

We will have to do this again. Maybe next time I could have it.

Sue-Mi.

Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  7:14:37 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe if we can find another MALE shopper, so I'm not all by myself in the shopper group!!!! Or a young lady my age that's single? ;-)

Ohh Jill, I NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU!! If we wanna get the Sept planned.

Go to Top of Page

Sue-MI
Contributor

Muskegon, MI
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  10:11:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh Abe, was the room that full of estrogen

Okay gals, Abe is looking.
Go to Top of Page

StacyFourn
Trainee

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  05:55:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry I couldn't make it. I did read your email after the party was over:( My son got sick and I had to take care of him:) But I am up for the next party no matter what. And I am not crazy so don't be afraid to email me and give me directions:) I am a shopper like everyone else. Silly!!
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  9:38:54 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok, after much debate, and growing of some grey hair (ok I'm not even anywheres NEAR old enough to be getting grey hair yet), for the month of Sept. we are going to meet at Peg's house. One activity will include a hay ride, so families are definately invited!! As before, please e-mail me to let me know if you will be coming, and how many will be coming. Details will be coming shortly. Shoppers from Indiana and Ohio are welcome. This one will be by Armada (I think that's how you spell it??) Michigan.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums