Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  9:45:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just to let everyone know, the next get together will be at my house in Armada. We will be having a bonfire (of course we will have smores) and an old fashion hayride in the country. I will supply the meat everyone bring a dish to pass. There is a nice orchard we can go to on our ride that has all kinds of fun things to do. The date will be September 18 weather permitting. What time is good for everybody? We can do it in the afternoon or evening, you guys pick. Please let me know if you will be attending and how many will be coming.

Iím really excited about meeting everyone. Hope to see you here.

Peggy L
MSPA Gold Certified #irkurx
Shopping and Merchandising SE Michigan
Macomb, St Clair, Oakland, & Lapeer Counties
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  9:51:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh Abe, You are a doll. I thought you were burnt out from the last party and trying to plan the one in October. I will glad let you make the list. So everyone, our chief coordinator and scheduler will do the honors of putting the list together. Besides he is so good at it. Thanks Abe.(Sorry couldn't find a doll so you'll have to be an angel.

Peggy L
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  9:38:48 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
With a bonfire and hay ride, I think 5 pm would be a good time. Then we wouldn't be there for what seems like forever ;-)

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  1:16:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a belated thank you to Shane for hosting the Michigan get-together last weekend. Thanks to Abe for doing the administrative end of it too! I had a blast meeting those e-mail buddies I've spoke to for well over a year. I hope we can do it again sometime.
Go to Top of Page

Kathleen
Valued Contributor

Southeast Michigan
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  3:07:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will be there. I am getting stronger everyday. I can't wait to meet everyone.

Are any of the West Side Shoppers going to make it over here in September?

Kathleen
Merchandising & Shopping Southeast Michigan
MSPA GOLD Certified #adoiuc
Go to Top of Page

.Linda Davila
Inactive

Troy, MI
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  12:43:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Count me in for the upcoming shindig ! It will be myself,husband,two teen girls.As time gets closer,let me know what to bring. Look forward to meeting all ya'll,(yes,I said ALL YA'LL! )Kathleen glad to see you're getting back in the swing of things.I can't do ALL these jobs myself !!!!!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  09:16:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to keep you up to date on the September 18 get-together. I have commitments from eight shoppers so far. It looks like we are leaning towards an afternoon party, but a time has not yet been set. Let me know your preference if you have one. If there is any other shoppers that are interested in coming, please reply to this post or feel free to email Abe or me as soon as possible. We are planning a great party I know you wonít want to miss it. I was hoping to meet some of the shoppers from the west side of the state. Donít forget shoppers from Ohio and Indiana you are welcome too. I will send an email out a week before the party, with directions to my house and my phone number, to anyone who requests it. Hope to hear from you soon.

Peggy L
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  8:13:44 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm coming, obviously! :-) Not sure how many are coming with me yet though. No one has e-mailed me to tell me they wanna come, so it's all yours. :-)

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  08:16:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. It looks like the party is coming together nicely. I'd love to come as this party sounds so kid friendly, but because it is the weekend of my 10th anniversary I may be stay home and do a dinner shop instead.

BTW, Penny, I JUST realized the plant you put in the cute shopper cart was real! Thanks again!

Hey Abe -- maybe you should change the title of this thread to the new date??

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Western Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2004 :  7:53:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to update everyone on the September 18 Get-Together in Armada. We have commitments for at least 22 including shoppers and their families. We would still like to welcome any shoppers and their families who would like to come. Just email me and let me know I have decided on a time. Because some shoppers will be driving quite a distance and some shoppers will not be able to make it until later in the day, I think a good compromise will be from 3:00PM, until you want to leave. I want to make sure everyone will be here for the hayride. The bonfire can go on as long as you would like. Bring bug spray just in case. Abe do you know how many will be coming with you? Why donít you try to get some of your west side buddies to come along? It sounded like your party in the west side was a blast. Will keep you updated when I get more information.

Peggy L
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2004 :  9:01:09 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
22 shoppers? Wow, thats A LOT!! I haven't heard from anyone on west side of Michigan who wants to come.

Anyone from West Michigan coming?? I don't know if anyone is coming with me yet, they haven't let me know.

Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  08:17:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry Abe, maybe I didn't make myself clear. There are 22 all together with shoppers and their families. But wouldn't that be great? I would really like to see more shoppers come. We all have so much to share. New shoppers, we want to include you too. I know sometimes you don't know where to go for help, well we will all be here to welcome you to the world of Secret Shopping, and to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to email me for information.

Peggy L
Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  09:12:38 AM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am waiting to see how the school year starts ()to see if I am "in" - I will let you guys know!

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Shopping Gwinnett, Hall and Jackson Counties in Georgia
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  10:58:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gee Penny the way I see it, by that time you will need some friendly faces, a warm fire to sit by, and a relaxing hayride in the country. How could you pass that up? Sure hope you can make it.

Peggy L
Go to Top of Page

Christine Y McCoy
Contributor

MI
USA
91 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  9:33:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I have been having computer issues and my Tech Support person (not do DH LOL] has been working 14-17 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. I lost most of my passwords, time to shop, and end of the summer w/ the kids means I haven't been reading up like I should. I would love to join in on the fun. Most likely there will be just 3, my 13 year old daughter, and my 10 year old son. Let me know what I should bring and what I can do to help. What a nice idea!

Christine from mich
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  7:38:32 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think I'm gonna take a break in October from planning anything. I'm starting a new job in a couple weeks anyways. Anyone like the idea of a harvest party in November, so west side shopers can meet east side shoppers?

Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  09:35:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Abe,
What would you and all Michigan shoppers think if we had one big Get-Together a year for everyone. Somewhere in the state that would be central for all of us. We could set up a networking system for the whole state for anyone who is interested. Since we all have our own areas within a certain mile radius that we shop, each area could have their own networking system. That way networking could be state wide, and more condensed for certain areas. Then if smaller groups would like to meet they could coordinate their own get-togethers. Just a thought, what do you think

Peggy L
Go to Top of Page

CarolMVan
Trainee

Sylvan Lake, MI
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  12:04:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but I won't be able to make it to your get-together on the 18th. I would have loved to, but we are flying in from a vacation late that night.

I shop the northern suburbs of Detroit and would have loved to meet you.

Carol
Gold shopper, shopping the northern suburbs of Detroit
Go to Top of Page

Theresa in MI
Contributor

Roscommon, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  12:59:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peggy L

Abe,
What would you and all Michigan shoppers think if we had one big Get-Together a year for everyone. Somewhere in the state that would be central for all of us. We could set up a networking system for the whole state for anyone who is interested. Since we all have our own areas within a certain mile radius that we shop, each area could have their own networking system. That way networking could be state wide, and more condensed for certain areas. Then if smaller groups would like to meet they could coordinate their own get-togethers. Just a thought, what do you think

I like this idea. I hate missing out on meeting everyone, but with soccer starting up again, my weekends are full for a couple of months. If it is held in the "center" of the state, it might be easier for more people to attend.

Let us know how the get-together on the east side goes.....
Theresa
(shopping Northern Michigan)

Silver Certified wfrxlk, Shopping Northern Michigan
Sunlark Researcher Manager
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  6:47:18 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If this latest hurricane destroys West Florida (Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda) area, I will not be able to make it to this one. I'll be in Florida with my family and friends. Charlie already hurt them, that area can't handle another hit.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums