Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Kathleen
Valued Contributor

Southeast Michigan
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  11:53:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The party was great. It started a little later than we had planned but everyone had a great time. I had to leave at 6:30 PM but from what I heard everyone else stayed until almost midnight and had a real good time.

I am sure that someone else will pipe in and let us know how the hayride and smores were. I missed them when I left early.

Peg was a wonderful hostess. The food was delicious. Peg supplied the hamburgers, hotdogs and Aimee, Peg's 15 year old granddaughter cooked the most delicious barbequed ribs. Everyone brought a dish to pass so there was plenty to eat.

It was really nice to meet some of the shoppers from this area and to finally put a face with the screen names that we see so frequently.

I would like to see a central party next summer. Somewhere in the middle of the state so we could have just one get together that would be central to everyone. Lansing?? Maybe someone in that area could scope out a nice park that we could all meet at. Just an idea that I thought I would throw out there. Let me know if it sounds good to anyone else.

Anyways the party was a blast with good food, good people and a great time.

Kathleen
Merchandising & Shopping Southeast Michigan
MSPA GOLD Certified #adoiuc
Go to Top of Page

CarolJ
Apprentice

Okemos, MI
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  11:56:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, all you people who said you were coming and didn't show up or canceled at the last minute, you missed a great picnic. The riblets that Peg cooked were absolutely wonderful. The corn was fresh from the field and terrific. The home baked cookies were great, as was the fruit salad. We had pasta salad, spicy chili and potato salad, too. The kids rode the 4 wheeler around the trails, we had a hay ride and a bonfire and roasted marshmallows. Peg's 'yard' is like a park, with woods and flowers. Linda, Andrew, Dawn, Jill, Peggy, Kathleen and Carol, plus families, were all there and had a wonderful time. You Michigan shoppers sure missed out on this one. I drove for 1 3/4 hours to be there. And don't regret it a bit.

Carol

Carol J Bush
Go to Top of Page

MaryAlene
Valued Contributor

Grand Rapids, Michigan
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  5:58:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you guys had a great time! I wish we could have come, but it was just too far of a trek for my kids (but I didn't RSVP so I wasn't one of the people MIA). Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to the next one.

Maryalene
Gold certified and shopping the Grand Rapids and Lansing, Michigan areas.
Go to Top of Page

Christine Y McCoy
Contributor

MI
USA
91 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  07:16:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was only an hour for me. I hope your head is OK Carol, it must still hurt 'cause you plum forgot I was there.

Our hostess was fantastic. We even got fancy parting gifts...Peggy, you went above and beyond with your wonderful hospitality.

BTW I got home just before my husband from work. The kids had a great time and they said Thanks again. They didn't believe me that "WORK" picnics can be fun.

Peggy, you are terrific, I hope it didn't take you too long to clean up after us? Kathleen, I am glad I met you and hope you recover quickly. Jill and Linda were wonderful to meet with. It is funny how the conversation didn't lull a bit and we didn't even talk shop.

Looking forward to the next one. Hey Peggy you could give us all sleigh rides LOL.

Christine from mich
Go to Top of Page

CarolJ
Apprentice

Okemos, MI
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  11:04:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Miss Chris,

I would never forget you. You are a stitch. I so enjoyed meeting you and your kids. And just so you know, my head DOES hurt. I have two goose eggs and a small cut. And that drive home was awfully long. But I'm fine. I told Andrew my headache was probably nothing compared to his!

I'm having company for the next 3 days so I won't be on line much.

Didn't Peg do a terrific job? All that work while taking care of her ailing mother in law, her two granddaughters, her husband and mystery shopping. No wonder she's my best friend.

Carol

Carol J Bush
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  2:54:58 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wanted to make it, but I was unable to, due to three people screwing me over at the same time with different things happening on saturday.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  7:24:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to my fantastic guests. As everyone has heard the party was a blast. Everyone that came was looking for a good time. Chris, who always had a comeback line and kept us laughing all night and her great kids who didn’t want to leave, Linda who seemed to know something about everything and shared some good information with us all, of course there was Andrew, Linda’s husband (who I know the hurricane was named after) who definitely kept the conversation going and going and going, Jill who I know must be the Who’s Who of mystery shopping, she seems to know everyone including schedulers, shoppers, and moderators, Carol my best friend who ended the party with a huge bang ( I could always count on you to come through for me) ), and my sister Kathleen who is always there to support me. Thanks to you all for the food you brought to share and helping to make this party one we will all remember.

I definitely have found some new friends to share my mystery shopping experiences with. You can bet I will keep in touch. Sorry Chris, we don’t have a sleigh, will snowmobiles do?

Peggy L
MSPA Gold Certified #irkurx
Shopping and Merchandising SE Michigan
Macomb, St Clair, Oakland, & Lapeer Counties
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  03:34:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What happened to Carol's head??????

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Western Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  06:37:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Carol was having so much fun that she laughed herself right out of her chair. It amazing how graceful she was. But she did end up with a couple of good goose eggs and a small cut. We all felt so bad, but she is alright just a little sore. I can always count on my best friend to give me memories to remember.

Peggy L
MSPA Gold Certified #irkurx
Shopping and Merchandising SE Michigan
Macomb, St Clair, Oakland, & Lapeer Counties
Go to Top of Page

JillinMichigan
Contributor

Washington Township, MI
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  3:18:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for being such a wonderful hostess Peggy! It was great to meet everyone from my side of town - Peggy, Chris, Linda, Kathleen, and Carol (who used to live in the area)! I felt bad for Carol when she fell backwards in the chair (since it was not on level ground), but thank goodness she was OK. That is something that usually happens to me! LOL - It would be great to go snowmobiling this winter or even next spring or fall having another get together (and we can chip in for the cost of the main dishes Peggy). It's hard to beat what a great setting you have! Everyone who was at the party - please keep in touch - I'm going to be concentrating on my real estate career and spending as much time with my mom (she has ovarian cancer) from this point on.

MSPA Gold Certified shopper - shop and merchandise in Metro Detroit and Port Huron areas
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  7:56:14 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone in Michigan interested in planning another get together? Our last one in August was a blast!

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

DebMI
Valued Contributor

Michigan
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2005 :  1:09:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd be interested in going
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2005 :  8:12:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The last Grand Rapids one was at my house. I'm willing to host again, or maybe we could meet at a bowling alley/restaurant or something.

Keep me posted!

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Western Michigan
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2005 :  8:57:38 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd offer my place, but my place is so small..lol

Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  12:48:27 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did all the michigan shoppers die? We started a trend, but we haven't kept it going!!

Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  11:25:51 AM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are any MI shoppers going to the Annual Mecca?

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Shopping Gwinnett, Hall and Jackson Counties in Georgia
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  11:37:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are you considering the trek Penny?
Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  1:31:30 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm on the fence - if I knew people that were going that might push me to one side.......

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  3:13:33 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Annual Mecca?

Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  7:34:05 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
MSPA Conference in CA - Abe I swear you are just trying to get to 1k posts!

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums