Page: of 17

MaryLeu
Contributor

Muskegon, MI
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  09:07:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I do Grand Rapids, Muskegon & Holland. I have only been shopping for a few weeks. I have learned an awful lot from Volition, Thank You all! I have been pretty busy shopping and have a full schedule for May. But now I am feeling guilty that maybe I have been taking jobs that other shoppers used to get. I am just doing this for fun & don't want to step on anyone's toes that depends on the income. Are there already plenty of shoppers in this area or am I needed to shop?
Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  2:09:19 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
MaryLeu,
Everybody's welcomed, but don't take any of mine, just kidding.
You'll find you settle into your usuals and try some different shop as companies present them.
I certainly hope you wouldn't back off trying this because anyone is worried about competition.

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Shopping Gwinnett, Hall and Jackson Counties in Georgia
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  2:44:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another competitor - and you were nice to her Penny - What's up with that???

Just kidding, Penny is awesome! There are a lot of shoppers in Grand Rapids but everyone has their favorites. Good luck to you Mary Leu!

Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  4:47:26 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Everyone's got their favs and hates. Me, I won't do apartment shops. Other shops, I'm not old enough yet. I've seen a lot of shops where you have to be atleast 26!

We're all friendly in West Michigan. We started this huge trend last summer with the networking threads! It's a shame we haven't had another get together since September (Or was it October?)

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  5:10:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
<waving to MaryLeu> I live near GR but when I shop, I spend most of my time in Muskegon. I think you'll find plenty of work your way! Don't worry about taking anyone's shops. If this happens, I'll just send Guido your way and that will be that! <hehehehe>

Actually we are a friendly bunch and thankful to have some help. Maybe we'll meet at the next Michigan get together.

Hey guys? When IS the next get together?? I have been working on my Skittle spitting skills!

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Western Michigan
Go to Top of Page

MaryLeu
Contributor

Muskegon, MI
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  7:11:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for making me feel so welcome! Funny, Shane, I live in Muskegon but have been doing most of my shopping in GR. Glad to hear there are plenty of shops to go around. Yes, I would be interested in get togethers, I love making new freinds! Thanks again for the warm welcome & all the great advice in this forum (I've been "lurking" for a cople weeks)

Mary Leutscher
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  9:44:31 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL I totally forgot about the skittle spit!! Rumor has it a couple shoppers from out west is going to be in Kalamazoo in June. Anyone care to get together in June in the Kalamazoo area? We can invite our neighbors to the south of us in Indiana, since Kzoo is only a hour away! (Just as far as Grand Rapids!) I know of atleast three shoppers on this forum that live in Kalamazoo, so you three better plan on coming too!

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  03:29:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We leave for vacation on the 24th. What date were you thinking?

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  05:48:40 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think they said they were going to be in Kalamazoon on the 21st. From that point, they are going to Ohio of all places (No offense to Ohio readers but LOL Ohio?!)

Go to Top of Page

HeatherRenee
Apprentice

Hastings, MI
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  4:00:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello to all of you fellow West Michigan shoppers! I'm another newbie and I have to say that this site is terrific! Thanks for all the great advice, tips, and "tricks" (aka mental notes) to the "trade." Let me know when there's another get-together and count me in!

Im happily serving the metro-Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo areas.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  9:02:02 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Noo, not ANOTHER Kzoo shopper!

Was there recently some news broadcast on mystery shopping?

Go to Top of Page

Betheny
Trainee

Milan, Michigan
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2005 :  1:16:29 PM  Send Betheny an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Just wanted to say Hello to all Michiganders. I am located in the southeat part of Michigan in Milan. Nice to meet all of you.
Betheny
Go to Top of Page

Kathleen
Valued Contributor

Southeast Michigan
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2005 :  4:34:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Betheny.

Kathleen
Merchandising & Shopping Southeast Michigan
MSPA GOLD Certified #adoiuc
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  8:28:52 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Attention Michigan shoppers (and anyone else interested in coming!)

Coming soon:
Christmas in August! Once again we are going to have our annual get together in August, with a Christmas theme! More details to come. I need to know who would be interested in coming, what would be good place to do it at, and what dates work!

Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  8:35:39 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The earlier in August the better for me....
How about a central location? I'd like to see central & SE shoppers too!

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  03:22:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh goodie, I love Christmas! I'm there. I'm also with Penny, it would be nice to see some Easterners there. Let me know what I can do to help Abe.

Oh, and HI Penny!

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Theresa in MI
Contributor

Roscommon, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  5:51:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Central would be good for me! North would even be better!!
Theresa

Silver Certified wfrxlk, Shopping Northern Michigan
Sunlark Researcher Manager
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  8:39:45 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Would anyone be interested in doing a weekend camping thing (christmas theme of course..we'll make all the other campers think we're nuts)? I'm thinking Lansing is a good central spot for everyone.

Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  9:43:35 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not too campy, but I would show up anywhere for the day....some camps you have to pay to enter even if you're not camping so if we take that into consideration I would go along with anything!

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  06:07:59 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok no camping (I just happen to like camping lol ;).

Lansing seems to be a central location for Michigan. Is this acceptable?

Unless there's a shopper willing to host it, will have to either find a public park, or rent a small banquet room at a motel (I'm thinking one at Days Inn off of exit 100 I believe). Need more interest expressed in coming before I will go that far, though. Two ppl isn't enough ;)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums